Deconstructed base still taking up memory?

leenpowellleenpowell Join Date: 2017-07-19 Member: 231926Members
edited July 2017 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
After hatching the emperors in survival mode, I got the idea of building a base that reached from the surface of the ocean to the Primary Containment end game location. I started at 500m near the Lost River and built straight up to the surface. Then I ran the base through the Lost River right up until you come to the "waterfall" part (this thing was huge). But by the time I got there, I was getting about 5 fps and the game was unplayable :neutral: I decided to deconstruct the base because I wanted to continue playing but by the time I'd taken it all down, my fps hadn't recovered. I restarted the game, then restarted my PC; no change. So basically my save file is useless because I built too much despite the fact that I took it all down. Is there anyway to fix this? Has anyone else had this problem?

Comments

• narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    Are there any parts of the base left? I read a while back in the bugs forum that deconstructing a base doesn't clear it from memory until all pieces are gone. Keep in mind that nearby base pieces might be considered by the game to be part of the same base, even if they were never attached.

If that fails, try clearing your cache. @0x6A7232 created a nice guide, click here.
  • leenpowellleenpowell Join Date: 2017-07-19 Member: 231926Members
    Thanks! I'll give this a try and report back. There is a smaller section of the base still active so maybe that is holding up everything.
  • leenpowellleenpowell Join Date: 2017-07-19 Member: 231926Members
    narfblat wrote: »
    Are there any parts of the base left? I read a while back in the bugs forum that deconstructing a base doesn't clear it from memory until all pieces are gone. Keep in mind that nearby base pieces might be considered by the game to be part of the same base, even if they were never attached.

If that fails, try clearing your cache. @0x6A7232 created a nice guide, click here.

Thanks a ton! You saved my game file that I had 120+ hours on haha. Once the final base room was destroyed, the framerate when from 1 to 80 so I'm stoked! Hopefully they get that sorted out for v1.0.

Thanks again for your help!