Bring back the power generator

Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
We've had a small discussion on discord concerning the old power generator that isn't in the game any more. Old players will remember it. You basically built it on a foundation and kept your base powered by putting power cells in it.
We think it could be a good idea to bring that back, especially for small outpost-like bases such as individual scanner rooms alone in some deep area or something; so that you could bring some power cells with you to power it up, and take them back once you've finished doing your buisness in your "outpost".

Comments

• DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    Sign me up! I've joined ship after it was already removed and it's one of those things that have only become more sensible to put back in as the game developed (ie, batteries and power cells became rechargeable).
  • Sam_StarfallSam_Starfall Join Date: 2017-05-21 Member: 230665Members
    To me it would not be going far enough. There's a lot of potential in directly making Powercell the mains and only energy-storage a base have, with it or the power-charger acting as the interface.

Nothing say survivor to me like depending entirely on batteries to move energy around.
    Of course it would be part of a global rebalance of energy with more costly/important generators (since they don't have to serve as battery as well)
  • EkUlEkUl Germany Join Date: 2017-05-03 Member: 230214Members
    edited July 2017
    Especially for small outposts or temporary bases i made a suggestion several days ago. The Power Bank feature was also suggested in the past by other players. I made also a few pictures.

New capabilities for Power Cell Charger and Battery Charger

The advantage of this alternative is, that no new model would be needed, only new program logic for an already existing device. But the effect would be the same like an extra power generator with Power Cells.