New capabilities for Power Cell Charger and Battery Charger

EkUlEkUl Germany Join Date: 2017-05-03 Member: 230214Members
edited June 2017 in Ideas and Suggestions
I had these ideas back in 2016 as i began with SN. The first new feature is a option for fast charging, the second is that a charger acts as power bank.

So there would be 3 modes for the chargers:

REGULAR

The standard mode for the charger. It charges the Power Cell/Battery slowly with a small power consumption.

FAST CHARGE

It charges with a fast mode like the Moonpool. Suited for strong power grids with enough capacity.

POWER BANK

In this mode the Charger acts as another power source, like a generator. Ideally for temporary or rarely used small bases.

Edit: for this mode the color of the charge bars should be different, maybe blue (see pic 3).

Benefits

This would give more flexibility to the chargers and to us players and it would give the PCC more relevance.

Notes
  1. I know that lot of players use the Moonpool as fast charger, me too. And there exists also some opinions that the PCC is useless, if you have a Moonpool. But I don't like to use the Moonpool as fast charger for Power Cells. To charge Power Cells is the job of the Power Cell Charger.
  2. It can be useful to have the Power Bank feature also for the Battery Charger, especially at the point we have the Ion tech.

Pictures

Let me show some pics as examples. You can click on this pics for full size.

Power Cell Charger
20170630122953_1_mod.jpg

Battery Charger
20170630122928_1_mod.jpg

Upper PCC is in Power Bank mode, the lower is in Charge mode.
2017_06_30_00002_mod.jpg

Comments

• DragoWhoovesDragoWhooves UK Join Date: 2017-05-30 Member: 230836Members
    those are some nice concept pics

+1
  • EkUlEkUl Germany Join Date: 2017-05-03 Member: 230214Members
    edited July 2017
    Well, such concept pictures can help to "sell" an idea. ^^
  • DragoWhoovesDragoWhooves UK Join Date: 2017-05-30 Member: 230836Members
    EkUl wrote: »
    Well, such concept pictures can help to "sell" an idea. ^^

yes it does help alot towards getting the point across
  • Weapons_FreeWeapons_Free Join Date: 2017-12-08 Member: 234323Members
    Are you saying that the power bank option would siphon power off the batteries? For use by the base?
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    edited December 2017
    Oh so that's what happened to my stolen Phoenix Down. Someone used it to bring a thread back to life.
  • YT_PoliceForceYT_PoliceForce Join Date: 2017-12-29 Member: 234672Members
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    EkUl wrote: »
    I had these ideas back in 2016 as i began with SN. The first new feature is a option for fast charging, the second is that a charger acts as power bank.

So there would be 3 modes for the chargers:

REGULAR

The standard mode for the charger. It charges the Power Cell/Battery slowly with a small power consumption.

FAST CHARGE

It charges with a fast mode like the Moonpool. Suited for strong power grids with enough capacity.

POWER BANK

In this mode the Charger acts as another power source, like a generator. Ideally for temporary or rarely used small bases.

Edit: for this mode the color of the charge bars should be different, maybe blue (see pic 3).

Benefits

This would give more flexibility to the chargers and to us players and it would give the PCC more relevance.

Notes
    1. I know that lot of players use the Moonpool as fast charger, me too. And there exists also some opinions that the PCC is useless, if you have a Moonpool. But I don't like to use the Moonpool as fast charger for Power Cells. To charge Power Cells is the job of the Power Cell Charger.
    2. It can be useful to have the Power Bank feature also for the Battery Charger, especially at the point we have the Ion tech.

Pictures

Let me show some pics as examples. You can click on this pics for full size.

Power Cell Charger
    20170630122953_1_mod.jpg

Battery Charger
    20170630122928_1_mod.jpg

Upper PCC is in Power Bank mode, the lower is in Charge mode.
    2017_06_30_00002_mod.jpg

@nesrak1 Would this be a quick easy mod to implement?
    edited January 2018
    Are you saying that the power bank option would siphon power off the batteries? For use by the base?

That was the idea, yes. Ideally if you are on tour with your Cyclops as example and in need of a small temporary base but have no power source in the near environment. Or for small bases mainly used as oxygen stations.
    edited March 2018
    Update: RandyKnapp's HabitatControlPanel give us now the possibility to use Power Cell's as power source for temporary bases. :smile:

@RandyKnapp

Thank you!
  • RandyKnappRandyKnapp Seattle, WA, USA Join Date: 2018-03-16 Member: 239174Members
  • Catsfan45Catsfan45 Join Date: 2018-01-27 Member: 235894Members
    Good Idea! just not sure about the "Power Bank"