Weird Cyclops docking bug

MakeLord95MakeLord95 Join Date: 2017-06-15 Member: 231118Members
This is happening on version 49570

Description:
Trying to dock Prawn into the Cyclops but missing the actual docking bay will send Cyclops away.

video:

Reproduction steps:
1. Spawn Cyclops and Prawn
2. Position Cyclops so that the bay doors aren't open when Prawn is under the Cyclops
3. Jump up with the Prawn and miss the docking bay and collide with Cyclops (might take a few tries)
4. If done correctly, it will send Cyclops away.

Comments

• MakeLord95MakeLord95 Join Date: 2017-06-15 Member: 231118Members
    IMHO this should be fixed ASAP since there is a possibility that you lose you Cyclops and all the stuff inside!
  • SchlangenbobSchlangenbob Ger Join Date: 2017-06-17 Member: 231138Members
    Mh, that's some funny bug.

I apologize for writing such a meaningless comment, but I actually don't have anything else to comment but my Bugreport/Crashreport. Since I can't create a topic until tomorrow and until I've posted something I need a reason to post something.

Have a nice Day
  • BlitzbrotherZBlitzbrotherZ Europe Join Date: 2017-06-22 Member: 231275Members
    WOW, thats an annoying bug as well, BUT it solved my problem.

Here is the issue I encountered (read video description):

https://youtu.be/R8HoAUbA9CU

Thanks for the solution O.o
  • HirenHiren Join Date: 2017-06-22 Member: 231274Members
    Wow, that is one crazy bug..
  • sharp36sharp36 Join Date: 2017-06-28 Member: 231434Members
    This same thing just happened to me last night in the latest stable version. I was in a prawn (with drill and grapple attached), jumped up to board cyclops, collided, and suddenly the cyclops disappeared and the marker for it popped up 65000m away. That's right, 65 kilometers away. I was so shocked and frightened (This was my first ever cyclops and my first ever attempt at docking the PRAWN in it) that I immediately reloaded my save without screenshotting/reporting the bug.
  • BugzapperBugzapper Australia Join Date: 2015-03-06 Member: 201744Members
    edited July 2017
    Bug also confirmed here. Build version 50032.

Attempted to dock PRAWN inside Cyclops.
    Cyclops went 'wheeeeee!' Currently 5.15 million kilometres away.

Somewhat miffed about it. :(
  • IBhopIRLIBhopIRL Join Date: 2017-08-02 Member: 232181Members
    Depending on the angle you enter the cyclops at, you can also end up stuck inside the prawn suit in the docking bay. I believe in my case the doors took too long to open and i slammed into the bottom of the cyclops. The doors then very quickly open and sucked me up into the bay.

1501645011-2278f5d9a571119b.jpg

I used some teleport commands to try to get out. My view remained the same but my body had moved I guess? since i was now considered underwater and losing oxygen.

1501644837-2278f5d9a571119b.jpg

After using 'kill' I was respawned in the cyclops and able to move around using wasd, but I couldn't look around using the mouse. I was also unable to open the pda or esc menus.
  • Bighorse5404Bighorse5404 Join Date: 2016-12-11 Member: 224860Members
    (Experimental) It does do this for me too but the doors are still open when I get in. The only "fix" I've found is to go into freecam mode and go out but the Cyclops is still there unusable. I was really glad that I had a save before I did it. My experience https://youtube.com/watch?v=TERcmuuD4t8
  • conalykaconalyka Canada Join Date: 2017-07-27 Member: 232087Members
    For me the cyclop was kinda stuck, as i try to decend , it tilted nose up until only the screw Was touching the water! Its fixe now!
  • WinterholdKnightWinterholdKnight Join Date: 2017-01-10 Member: 226503Members
    Dunno if a fix is on the way, but It happened to me too. Except my Cyclops apparently went down. I heard a message saying it passed crushing depth before the marker disappeared ... I lost a lot of équipement, I'm not gonna bother with a new one before the problem is fixed.
  • Hulkie2345Hulkie2345 New York Join Date: 2017-08-23 Member: 232598Members
    Dunno if a fix is on the way, but It happened to me too. Except my Cyclops apparently went down. I heard a message saying it passed crushing depth before the marker disappeared ... I lost a lot of équipement, I'm not gonna bother with a new one before the problem is fixed.

Just save before you dock in the ship. This is a very old random bug. That's the best way to get around it.
  • Inny78Inny78 France Join Date: 2017-11-02 Member: 233820Members
    They're actually working on a fix. You can check the /main/swb-prevent-outofbounds parts in the changes and checkings site to survey the progress if you want.
  • WinterholdKnightWinterholdKnight Join Date: 2017-01-10 Member: 226503Members
    Inny78 wrote: »
    They're actually working on a fix. You can check the /main/swb-prevent-outofbounds parts in the changes and checkings site to survey the progress if you want.

Thanks, I'm gonna check that :)
    Hulkie2345 wrote: »
    Just save before you dock in the ship. This is a very old random bug. That's the best way to get around it.

... I should have though about that myself, I feel silly now XD Thanks for the pointer :)
  • Inny78Inny78 France Join Date: 2017-11-02 Member: 233820Members
    It should be fixed in experimental with build #57960: Try to prevent vehicles and players being thrown far away from origin by physics bugs by placing them back at a safe location if it happens. Also fix the Cyclops getting frozen in mid-air higher than a player could unfreeze by approaching.
  • romi1996romi1996 Ha Noi Join Date: 2017-12-21 Member: 234531Members
    I have the same issue but much more better than you, atleast I'm finally able to save the cyclops in Hardcore mode :< the cyclops stuck on the air and just 30k meter away from the bug point.
  • VIDISVIDIS Russia Join Date: 2018-01-20 Member: 235283Members
    edited January 2018
    Physics of the Cyclops!
    Drowning Cyclops after the destruction (exploded), down to a seabed with intervals in 5-10 meter (temporary stops) > landing crash seabed.
    December 2017 - normally drowned
    January 2018 (59741) - drowning with temporary stops
    can't add video - no access to the links (You have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links) !
    P.S.
    translate google>English - sorry :)
    ______
    !!thank you for the status!!
    December 2017 - normally drowned (beautiful drowning)

January 2018 (59741) - drowning with temporary stops?

• SpendiusSpendius Join Date: 2018-01-25 Member: 235720Members
    Same thing happened to me yesterday with a seamoth.
    I just had completed the cyclops (not moved it), started to build some improvements (radio, fabricator and 4 cabinets in the room just behind the bridge) and loaded some stuff, and decided to dock my seamoth.
    As the docking completed, I was ejected from the seamoth / cyclops and both of them were propelled 300m in the sky.
    This was on day 1 release, and I was in VR.
  • rootwallarootwalla Join Date: 2018-01-27 Member: 235929Members
    Can confirm, same effect in VR (Oculus through SteamVR) Version 59783.
    I must have punted my Cyclops over a kilometre.
    One time instead of launching the sub, I got dumped in the compartment below the Moth, and the floor panels were not fully lowered.
  • rootwallarootwalla Join Date: 2018-01-27 Member: 235929Members
    For anyone else experiencing this bug, you can still play, you just have to exit the moth/prawn as the docking animation starts. You'll be dropped beside the Cyclops and your moth/prawn will dock, you can then enter manually.

This way, at least, you can still play while we wait for a patch.