Nitpicking Subnautica :D

2»

Comments

• jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    You would be great at the job if cinemsins made an official gamesins channel
  • nesrak1nesrak1 Places Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224536Members
    Someone had a gamingsins channel, I don't know if they keep up with it anymore.
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    orobouros wrote: »
    Jamezorg wrote: »
    There are no pack predators in Subnautica.

I am disappointed that there are no pack predators in Subnautica.

It could have resulted in some interesting gameplay if there were pack predators in Subnautica.

Maybe they aren't employing special tactics beyond "Get 'em!", but I call it a "pack" when 3 or more toothy things attack at once, at least when they're my size or larger. By that measure, everything except Leviathans come in freaking packs in this game. Even Warpers, though pairs are more common there I have seen 3 at a time.

"Oh, there's a boneshark up ahead. I guess I'll just swerve to the left and... nope, two more over here, okay, just dive under them and -" WHAMWHAMWHAM - "oops, there were 3 below me and now another coming up from behind..." Yeah. No pack predators my arse.

I thought it went without saying that I was talking about organised pack hunters, that were coded specifically to work with one another to fulfil a certain task. Large groups of predators are a different thing entirely; they've individual codes, and a group of Bonesharks would most likely swarm you if you came too close, and not perform a tricky manoeuvre to throw you off your guard. Just because they're positioned by chance to have you trapped doesn't mean they're working together.

Either way, this was meant to be a less serious thread, where we shared opinions in a less serious manner, and I'm getting back to it. I'm sure @SushiDiver500 thanks you for your contribution.

NOTE: THIS TEXT IS MEANT FOR FUN PURPOSES ONLY!!!!!!! DO NOT TAKE SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• NerdyEricNerdyEric Join Date: 2016-11-15 Member: 223876Members

I would do that, sounds fun. But I feel like I don't play enough of a variety of (I rarely play shooters or RPGS) to do it.
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    -How the hell is the eyeye even alive?

-Why do nuclear reactors turn enough uranium to power an aircraft carrier for longer than you're likely to live into so little power?

-How does casually swinging a knife make a massive hole in a seabase that can withstand the pressure hundreds of meters down?

-How are there so many predators with so little prey?

-Why do creepvine seeds produce silicone rubber?

-The reaper has Peter Griffin's chin.
  • NerdyEricNerdyEric Join Date: 2016-11-15 Member: 223876Members
    sayerulz wrote: »

-Why do nuclear reactors turn enough uranium to power an aircraft carrier for longer than you're likely to live into so little power?

-How does casually swinging a knife make a massive hole in a seabase that can withstand the pressure hundreds of meters down?

Sin Counter : 6

Sentence: Underwater 3D Terraria
  • nesrak1nesrak1 Places Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224536Members
    edited June 2017
    NerdyEric wrote: »

Sin Counter : 6

Sentence: Underwater 3D Terraria

Bonus round:

<span style="font-family: monospace;">Every time a reaper or lack of oxygen killed me while trying to find the moonpool frag</span>
    Final sin count: 9999
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    -the planet is spinning way too fast to support life or probably even remain intact.

-salt water + bleach = fresh water?

-futuristic technology allows us to fabricate a seabase in seconds from raw materials, but we power everything with copper-acid batteries.

-a pocket-size copper acid battery can power a magic base building wand, but a flashlight runs out in under an hour?

-being a few feet from a glowing thermal vent is totally fine as long as it's not erupting.

-our character consumes well over his weight in fish and water in 24 hours of gameplay.

-are there seriously acid mushrooms strong enough to instantly burn human skin and melt through a titanium seabase growing on calcium-based coral tubes with no problems?

-aforementioned copper-acid battery can power a laser cutter that can cut through a titanium bulkhead door.

-our character's hair remains exactly as it is no matter how many helmets we stuff it into and how long we keep it immersed in salt water.

-the fabricator can turn salt and coral into bleach, but can't turn sand into glass.
  • JackeJacke Calgary Join Date: 2017-03-20 Member: 229061Members
    -the planet is spinning way too fast to support life or probably even remain intact.
    Time in game is accelerated over 128 times, so most of the time nitpicks may not be true. Or may even be nitpickably reversed.

-salt water + bleach = fresh water?
    Didn't even think of that one, good call. Hey, since you could build a Fabricator in a base on an island, maybe it doesn't even need the salt water...?!?

-a pocket-size copper acid battery can power a magic base building wand, but a flashlight runs out in under an hour?
    This. Copper as the metal consumed in a battery makes crappy batteries (and may not be easy to make into rechargeable batteries). And the LED Wand runs out of charge even faster.

-our character's hair remains exactly as it is no matter how many helmets we stuff it into and how long we keep it immersed in salt water.
    One of Alterra's closely guarded tech secrets: ever ready hair perms good enough to survive anything. Live fast, die young, leave a well-coiffed corpse.

-the fabricator can turn salt and coral into bleach, but can't turn sand into glass.
    ...when technically all it would have to do is melt the sand (which is already Silicon Dioxide glass), separate impurities, and produce billets for future fabrication.
  • OjakokkoOjakokko Finland Join Date: 2017-01-20 Member: 226999Members

It would probably be too much work. They get 20 mins from a movie, but the story of a game can be longer. Add gameplay & other sins to that and you've got a too long vid. And that's not accounting for the fact that some games have like fifty endings
  • OjakokkoOjakokko Finland Join Date: 2017-01-20 Member: 226999Members
    Jacke wrote: »
    ...when technically all it would have to do is melt the sand (which is already Silicon Dioxide glass), separate impurities, and produce billets for future fabrication.

I think it glass used ro be made from sand. That's before digging was removed.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Ojakokko wrote: »
    Jacke wrote: »

I think it glass used ro be made from sand. That's before digging was removed.

Glass indeed was made from sand once upon a time in the old subnautican days.
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    Fathom wrote: »
    All this base building, even a bed, but no toilet or shower. Seriously missed opportunity. What's a survival situation without the sudden inopportune need to take a dump? Health, food and water maximums should go down over time and can get replenished when using the facilities.

Good old duke is missing ... besides using the toilets and at least putting survivors of the other sex out of their misery, we could shrink reapers and drink them in cocktails at our bar.

But I think Alterra fired the duke for political incorrectness and since that time no one revived those kind of heroes.
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    giphy.gif

That's what happens when we realize that it's really the Peepers that rule the planet and not the Precursors or the Emperors.

We might question who really produced those mighty glasses to reveal that, but good old Douglas knew it without those glasses.
    Kyman201 wrote: »
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Game is too wet!

To use another meme... 7.8/10, too much water.

And I thought it was too much alien ... look at Lucas Arts water planets (Kamino, Manaan and those Gungans): too humanoid
    Of course im the only survivor... Survival game cliche, jeez...

No, you are not alone. But the cliche is that you always come too late before all are eaten up without traces and not a single bone of them left.

It's only at the end of the game we meet a life example of the "all-eater-snapdragon" who can devour a whole group of survivors in less than a second. I think you saw one of his ancestors at the Lost River research sites.
    All Alterra tech looks like Apple products.

Because the devs are inconsistent for right and left clicks placing items, as they are only used to 1-button-mouses.
    The med kit fabricator runs on thin air.

And I always thought that it was the game logic that runs on thin air.
    I can build a submarine, but not a Harpoon? What the sh*t!?

It's called dev sadism. They secretly monitor and record the players and store the best clips where the player gets eaten on their servers to watch them when they are bored.