Add "Great job not dying..." as Easter Egg opening on a random number of game starts > 5 (or so)

0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
Basically, if the player has started new games at least x number of times (enough to get used to the standard greeting), then introduce a random chance for the Easter Egg variant. Perhaps include a non-variable (say, the 5th time a game is started, play the Easter Egg, and after that make it a 12% chance or something). Perhaps tie an achievement to this (also, have some way to sync the number of times new games have been started, or if Subnautica gets played a few times, uninstalled, then reinstalled later, the trigger won't be tripped).

Comments

• scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    "Greetings, Survivor. Statistically, you should be dead by now. This survival PDA is here to assist you, but probably won't. Don't fear the reaper. Peace."
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    "Oh hey look at that, you're not decapitated. Sending safety inspection report regarding the escape pod safety, system has determined it as completely safe, devoid of any loose panels. Have a safe and productive day and don't lose your head"

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Tarkannen wrote: »
    I still want to see an Easter Egg, maybe 5% chance to occur when starting a new game: After blacking out in the introduction sequence the screen stays dark, and you get a short lecture from the PDA. She talks briefly about health issues regarding head trauma, high risks of death, then she is cut-off midsentence by a Game Over screen. :lol:

That's too damn evil, I love it :naughty:
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    Game Over - You got into a starboard-side lifepod and were smashed flat when the Aurora crashed.
  • CaptainBarbequeCaptainBarbeque Hell Join Date: 2017-02-25 Member: 228247Members
    @scifiwriterguy
    The player lands but doesn't black out and then climbs out of the top of the lifepod
    only to look up and see the aurora crash into him.
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    "Greetings surivor. Good job not dy- wait why am I getting dejavu I'm a robot."
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    Ah man, that beginning is just riddled with nostalgia. I second the idea of it coming back in any way possible.

I just watched a really old video playthrough, and just replayed the introduction more times than I care to admit.

I may have a problem...
  • DripdryDripdry Georgia Join Date: 2017-01-03 Member: 226041Members
    edited May 2017
    I'm worried the devs are losing site of having fun in this game... that intro was pure gold, and other people I've shown it to agreed. I get that devs are stressed, but this more than any other change has me most concerned about Subnautica's development.
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    *slap* "TOP OF THE MORNING TO YOU SURVIOR, JACK PDA HERE AND WELCOME TO SUBNUATICUS"
    *slap* "TOP OF THE MORNING TO YOU SURVIOR, JACK PDA HERE AND WELCOME TO SUBNUATICUS"

And when you leave your base/sub:
    I'm sure that won't get annoying...
    At all :trollface: