Please consider for next update. (DEVS)

Archer_41Archer_41 Join Date: 2017-05-22 Member: 230693Members
Hello DEVS,

My name is Archer_41, I have submitted several bug forms asking for features before I knew about this forum page. But one thing I have to ask you to implement is this: Please add a page in the settings when you are in experimental mode (also please do not get rid of experimental mode when the full game is ready before you have the team trip) to change the version of your game back to something older such as places in the pre alpha to see what it was like, although I was here from the pre alpha, I love when the UI wasn't changed to the dials in the bottom left hand corner. I love the older versions of the game just as much as I love the new ones, but it is good to see when the game wasn't finished and stuff that is not working now was working back then, for example, digging sand, much more fish, etc.

Sincerely,
Archer_41

Comments

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Yeah, the ability to play old versions would be really cool.
  • EstebanLB01EstebanLB01 Join Date: 2017-05-09 Member: 230377Members
    Archer_41 wrote: »
    Hello DEVS,

My name is Archer_41, I have submitted several bug forms asking for features before I knew about this forum page. But one thing I have to ask you to implement is this: Please add a page in the settings when you are in experimental mode (also please do not get rid of experimental mode when the full game is ready before you have the team trip) to change the version of your game back to something older such as places in the pre alpha to see what it was like, although I was here from the pre alpha, I love when the UI wasn't changed to the dials in the bottom left hand corner. I love the older versions of the game just as much as I love the new ones, but it is good to see when the game wasn't finished and stuff that is not working now was working back then, for example, digging sand, much more fish, etc.

Sincerely,
    Archer_41

The digging sand feature still works, but the tool cannot be obtained by normal means anymore, that was removed from the game and I think they are not going to implement it again
  • Archer_41Archer_41 Join Date: 2017-05-22 Member: 230693Members
    I understand it was removed. I would like to be able to revert back to older versions of the game in experimental. The digging sand with your hand was just an example.
  • nesrak1nesrak1 Places Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224536Members
    You know we've known a way for a long time how to download old versions of certain games on steam.
    In experimental though, don't even bother. Eventually they're replacing the terrain with static mesh making it impossible to modify.
  • Archer_41Archer_41 Join Date: 2017-05-22 Member: 230693Members
    ok but how do you revert to older game versions then?
  • nesrak1nesrak1 Places Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224536Members
    edited May 2017
    Just look up older versions of subnautica on google...
    42bUbOX.png