Harvesting Table Coral yields fungal samples 100% (Silent Running Stable v47282)

0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
edited May 2017 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
YouTube streamer MAD Gaming. Mike harvests table coral, gets fungal samples instead. After realizing, he goes back out for more, still gets fungal samples. Cannot get any table coral at all. Reloading fixes.

Comments

• RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    Yeah I've encountered this issue.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    The Table Corals are curious little things that (for me anyway) will behave weirdly from time to time.
    Generally it will behave as intended which is give off table coral samples when cut with a knife but will also behave as described here too as in give off fungal samples instead ..... and often as well will become ''indestructible'' when hit with the knife.

When that happens theres nothing else to do than save/reload but that will not get rid of the bug 100% of the time sadly. Id say half the time the bug will remain for the duration of the save. When that happens i usually just destroy the save and start anew, after all theres not much point to continue that save if i cannot make more computer chips uh? could always use the console to spawn some in but im not really into doing that every time i wanna make a computer chip, which is often as you can guess ...
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    If you get to that point, upload your old saved game for the devs to look at (see my signature).
  • ETUsernamwETUsernamw California Join Date: 2021-05-25 Member: 270657Members
    that hapens to me but it turns into coral tube sample i am on nintendo switch