uxlapogiuxlapogi Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165238Members
edited May 2017 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
Steps:

1. Scan for a resource (e.g. quartz)
2. Orange locators mark the resources
3. Pick up said resource

Expected: Locator gets removed as resource is no longer present

Actual: Locator present indefinitely.

Exceptions: Sometimes it works, there seems to be no pattern when it breaks.

Note: Same goes for the item list. The items in the list get updated whenever the game feels like. (Which is usually never when you expect or want it to, if ever.)

Note2: Unloading and reloading the scanner room sometimes fixes this (by distance), reloading the game directly inside the scanner room does not. Very inconsistent. Six days until this bug is one year old, cheers.

Note3: As the scanner room for me is the most useful and interesting feature of the game, I not sure why it doesn't get the attention it deserves.

Comments

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    uxlapogi wrote: »
    Steps:

3. Pick up said resource

Note: Same goes for the item list. The items in the list get updated whenever the game feels like. (Which is usually never when you expect or want it to, if ever.)

Note2: Unloading and reloading the scanner room sometimes fixes this (by distance), reloading the game directly inside the scanner room does not. Very inconsistent. Six days until this bug is one year old, cheers.

Note3: As the scanner room for me is the most useful and interesting feature of the game, I not sure why it doesn't get the attention it deserves.

Be careful if you get to Note 7, the Cyclops can now catch fire. :lol:
  • uxlapogiuxlapogi Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165238Members
    I currently in the process of preventing any potential fires in the future. Calculating the required time for when I am done eradicating all hostile lifeforms isn't that simple unfortunately, and I'm also not done gathering all resources required for the extermination. I'm confident to reach Total Cleansing Achieved within a few weeks.
  • scalienscalien Join Date: 2017-05-16 Member: 230565Members
    uxlapogi wrote: »
    Steps:

3. Pick up said resource

So I was testing this last night. After several hours of trying various things (leaving things outside, picking up resources, or moving them,) I noticed a pattern emerge.

If the resource has a changing model, like the resource node (sandstone) and fragments, those will stay.
    If it is a static model, like quartz, salt, or lithium. These will up date after a short wait period (3-30 seconds).

The resource nodes or fragments will read visible on the HUD node even if you picked it up before you even built a scanner room. Especially fragments.

Items dropped on the floor (assuming you can scan for them at all (see the lack of scrolling options on the screen)) like copper, gold and titanium do update (with some time) but half the fragments I scanned (24 out of 50) and 40% of the nodes scanned (38 out of 100) did not leave the scanner HUD, even 2 hours later.

The scanner definitely works, it finds resources accurately, the range doesn't bother me(I like having various base waystations across the map.) With this bug you waste an amazing amount of time backtracking over places you already checked.
  • EstebanLB01EstebanLB01 Join Date: 2017-05-09 Member: 230377Members
    This needs attention, please!