For everyone who doesn't understand why the devs can't "just fix it"... a small mod for you to watch

0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
Keep in mind, most of the work here is already done, it's just being modified:
nesrak1 wrote: »
1. Deploy the Sunflare like a beacon, ideally at least 20-30m above the seafloor. It will stay put just like a beacon.
2. Countdown timer starts. Flare auto-ignites in 5-10 seconds. You have that time to get clear of it. If you're still within, say, 10m of the Sunflare at ignition, you start taking heat damage.
3. The Sunflare burns for, oh, 5 realtime minutes. While it's burning, though, it's casting a 50m(?) sphere of intense white light - enough to make it daytime at the bottom of the darkest deep. If you approach it during the burn, you get burnt. (No picking this up and reusing it. Unless you're sick of having hands, that is.)
4. At the end of its burn, it disintegrates. Nothing to reclaim.
@scifiwriterguy I started on yours because I wanted something easy to do after messing with the fog.

Everyone else: Still working on fog, faster creatures, more damage, etc. since that's top on the poll.

Comments

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited April 2017
    http://www.barbneal.com/wp-content/uploads/fogleg01.mp3 :D

A bit low on the volume there, but awesome video nonetheless!!! Kinda expected green underwater glow stick, Terraria style :D

So when can I pack my fishing kit o/
  • nesrak1nesrak1 Places Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224536Members
    I have a weird problem with CPU usage causing a weird sound in the mic so I record low and try to edit it louder (although it seems not loud enough)
    Also the fact that higher CPU causes a weird sound in mic and headphones I can't explain
    edited April 2017
    nesrak1 wrote: »
    I have a weird problem with CPU usage causing a weird sound in the mic so I record low and try to edit it louder (although it seems not loud enough)
    Also the fact that higher CPU causes a weird sound in mic and headphones I can't explain

Grounding issue with the mobo connectors maybe? You could try rear / front panel instead of the other to see if that helps. Or, I've got a Logitech G933 (w/mic built in) that has its own USB adapter, and I think it doesn't use the sound card at all (but I could be wrong) - regardless, it doesn't use the 3.5mm jacks so if that's where the problem is, it would bypass it altogether.
  • nesrak1nesrak1 Places Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224536Members
    There's front headphone jacks but sadly no mic. I have semi-recently gotten new headphones so I think I'll stick with the noise filter for now. I'm not at the comp so I can't check.