Game won't load properly

ThanatosEXThanatosEX Join Date: 2017-03-20 Member: 229085Members
I loved playing subnautica, but I set it down for a little while. I picked it up again, but when I tried to run the game, I got no background in the title screen. I thought it was weird, but continued to make a new game. After the loading screen, my game prompted me to hit any key. After doing so, I just had an indefinite black screen. I managed to find a way around this by holding esc and skipping the "cutscene" to go directly to the game. This is when things got worse. I could move around, but if I opened my tablet, I wasn't able to access anything on it nor put my tablet down. I paused the game and tried to close the game via menu, but none of the menu buttons would work either, so I had to shut the game down from the outside. I've been looking for a solution to this problem for a while now on these forums but have yet to find a question that is similar to my problem to actually be solved. I have verified the game cache multiple times, uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times, restarting my computer, and putting my game into expiramental mode. Nothing has worked so far. Here are some files you might find useful to find the bug. pastebin.com/YDhBTcjM
pastebin.com/zW0EkKDe

Comments

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Check to be sure you have the latest updates for Windows as well as graphics drivers.
    Oh. Also try putting your laptop power profile into performance mode. (Start > search for power plan)
  • ThanatosEXThanatosEX Join Date: 2017-03-20 Member: 229085Members
    I've checked and have the recent drivers. I have a program that tells me if my drivers are strong enough to run a specific game and it says subnautica checks out. I tried putting it into high performance mode, but that seemed to cause the game to have major lag. I forgot to mention, but I also noticed that there is no sound either, which is weird because I know I have my volume on.
    Ah. Read this in the log:
    UnloadTime: 1.748541 ms
    FMOD Studio: Creating runtime system instance

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

SystemNotInitializedException: FMOD Studio initialization failed : Calling initialize : ERR_OUTPUT_INIT : Error initializing output device.
      at FMODUnity.RuntimeManager.CheckInitResult (RESULT result, System.String cause) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at FMODUnity.RuntimeManager.Initialiase (Boolean forceNoNetwork) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at FMODUnity.RuntimeManager.get_Instance () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename:  Line: -1)

FMOD is used for sound, and I don't think Subnautica will run without it, others have had similar issues. Check audio drivers.