[Bug] Cyclops quit floating when walking through certain compartments. [45367]

SenneraSennera Texas Join Date: 2015-07-07 Member: 206043Members
edited April 2017 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
Subnautica Version - 45367, Feb 2017 and definitely not dev branch.

Description - I tried to observe as many details as I could, but in the end I couldn't gather much information so I'm having to resort to a sparse report. My Cyclops was plummeting to the ocean floor whenever I stepped into the 2 upper central compartments (the ones between the bridge and the engine room), doing so in such a violent manner that it left an absolutely huge crater outside my base that required me to reset the terrain data.

I actually piloted the Cyclops from my base (boarding through the Seamoth, and noting an odd pitching as I quickly slipped to the helm but otherwise staying relatively afloat) to the Aurora, then back. When I boarded the Cyclops from the Aurora (through the Seamoth again) the Cyclops pitched violently again, but I got onto the wheel and it righted itself. A short distance later I realized I'd forgotten to install the upgrade I'd picked up, so I stepped one compartment aft and the Cyclops quickly began plummeting into the koosh zone below me. I jumped back onto the wheel to make it right itself, then I piloted it back home to much shallower waters for testing.

I made gratuitous use of the debug commands 'freecam' and 'kill' (the latter to escape my turned over cyclops) so that I could look for floaters on my hull, or any objects clipping through. There weren't any objects I could find, I'd even looked in the sky and under the ground for floaters since in the past I've had a problem with those suckers (hah!) magically latching onto things from 40m away.

In the end, I couldn't find any clear cause so I finally saved and restarted to see if it'd persist through a reload. The issue doesn't seem to persist through a reload, but beyond running through all the compartments in my cyclops multiple times I didn't do much testing since it's almost 2AM.

Reproduction steps - I wish. My gut instinct thinks it might have to do with seamoth docking. My more precise gut instinct thinks it has to do with loading a game with a seamoth docked to the cyclops. If I run into this issue again in the near future, I'll try to recall what I'd done beforehand.

Pictures or Video - Here are a couple pictures. First I've got a freecam view of me in the cyclops. Next, a bad picture of the crater the cyclops left me. That was only after the first test, it got bigger the more I poked it. Note that the cyclops in the background didn't fully level out on its own.

Edit: I've put a little effort in reproduction, and a lot of thought into what might've caused all this, but so far it's been a one-time thing and hasn't been an issue since I reloaded that save. All I can say is that it's possible for the Cyclops to quit floating under some very rare circumstances, and that I have no idea what those circumstances are :/

CvsBttX.jpg
KWsqv7w.jpg