Suspend Food Water and Energy Consumption when Window is out of Focus.

mikeloevenmikeloeven Join Date: 2017-04-14 Member: 229623Members
edited April 2017 in Ideas and Suggestions
I can't count the number of times I have died of starvation / dehydration after alt-tabbing to look up something online. I would like to suggest that when the window looses focus food water and power consumption is temporarily suspended until the game window is once again in focus.

Comments

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    edited April 2017
    mikeloeven wrote: »
    I can't count the number of times I have died of starvation / dehydration after alt-tabbing to look up something online. I would like to suggest that when the window looses focus food water and power consumption is temporarily suspended until the game window is once again in focus.

But let it continue loading a save if you've done so (if it's in the process of loading a saved game). Just, once fully loaded, pause the game if it's not in focus.
  • mikeloevenmikeloeven Join Date: 2017-04-14 Member: 229623Members
    Actually my idea was more for when your standing inside your base and alt tab to another window
  • Phoenix223Phoenix223 Chicago Join Date: 2016-02-18 Member: 213174Members
    edited April 2017
    Actually my idea was more for when your standing inside your base and alt tab to another window

But the game would be paused when tabbed out, right? You're not suggesting that time continues ingame; that only your metabolism and seabase power consumption are suspended while you go shopping on Amazon, are you? (They have chairs and benches for that.)
  • Kyman201Kyman201 Washington State Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211880Members
    Wait you don't hit 'Esc' to pull up a menu before tabbing out?
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    Kyman201 wrote: »
    Wait you don't hit 'Esc' to pull up a menu before tabbing out?

Honestly, that was my first thought. If I'm leaving the game for any reason, it's ESC first, task second.
  • ThePassionateGamerThePassionateGamer Germany Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218219Members
    You say it @scifiwriterguy I am confident that this will become a feature in 9...9...9...9...9...hours or so. :grin:
  • mikeloevenmikeloeven Join Date: 2017-04-14 Member: 229623Members
    edited April 2017
    Phoenix223 wrote: »

But the game would be paused when tabbed out, right? You're not suggesting that time continues ingame; that only your metabolism and seabase power consumption are suspended while you go shopping on Amazon, are you? (They have chairs and benches for that.)

Try sitting on a bench after a stalker takes a chunk out of your arse XD
  • IlexLegionIlexLegion Join Date: 2016-09-21 Member: 222475Members
    I don't see any reason why time would need to continue in game when alt tabbed, especially since we can sleep to morning since the bed update. Any other use (farming/ battery charging) would probably be considered cheating if you didn't have to worry about consumption.
  • Phoenix223Phoenix223 Chicago Join Date: 2016-02-18 Member: 213174Members
    Phoenix223 wrote: »

Try sitting on a bench after a stalker takes a chunk out of your arse XD

(angry sigh) Answer my question please... Would the game be completely paused when its window loses focus? OR Are you suggesting that in-game time continue while consumption itself is suspended?