Map item

TheDarkSunTheDarkSun United States Join Date: 2016-10-25 Member: 223364Members
Not sure if someone has mentioned this or not, but could we possibly get a map that we can fabricate? I mean it is extremely difficult to memorize every single location of where we have been. I mean it took me forever to find Floater Island for example. And I forgot to bring a beacon to place. Any possibility of a map we can fabricate?

Comments

• gunmetal563gunmetal563 Join Date: 2015-09-30 Member: 208239Members
    edited April 2017
    a GPS requires satellites in orbit but perhaps it could be upgraded to scan and record terrain as you move kind of like uncovering the black/blank part of the map

personally i would like a clock or watch telling local time

....were already told when the sun goes down
  • DarthOmnisDarthOmnis United States Join Date: 2016-12-15 Member: 224970Members
    There are a few maps floating around of the game world. If you google it, there are instructions on how to get the images into the game so you can place it in the picture frames or view it from the pictures tab in your PDA.
    a GPS requires satellites in orbit but perhaps it could be upgraded to scan and record terrain as you move kind of like uncovering the black/blank part of the map

personally i would like a clock or watch telling local time

....were already told when the sun goes down

A clock would be nice: either wall hanging, equipment node, or even some futuristic sun dial would be a nice addition.
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    From what I understand, the game already has a map function, but the devs disabled it sometime long ago. It stands to reason there should be SOME form of mapping system, especially since the game world is 100% the same with every playthrough (all that changes is the Lifepod 5 starting point and various resource doodads).

If you use the F1 console on PC, it states which biome you're in and the XYZ coordinates. Since the game 'knows' where you are and the data is already being used, I say they should re-implement the map once again. If not, people (like myself) will just copy a map from the wiki and use the PDA to navigate the gameworld. :open_mouth:
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Tarkannen wrote: »
    From what I understand, the game already has a map function, but the devs disabled it sometime long ago. It stands to reason there should be SOME form of mapping system, especially since the game world is 100% the same with every playthrough (all that changes is the Lifepod 5 starting point and various resource doodads).

If you use the F1 console on PC, it states which biome you're in and the XYZ coordinates. Since the game 'knows' where you are and the data is already being used, I say they should re-implement the map once again. If not, people (like myself) will just copy a map from the wiki and use the PDA to navigate the gameworld. :open_mouth:

If you're on Xbox, it's View aka Back + X (might be Menu + X but I think it's View).