Be able to install teleporters in our bases and in the Cyclops

AsubaAsuba FRANCE Join Date: 2016-04-16 Member: 215835Members
Good evening,

Would it be possible to implement teleporters in the game ?
Teleporters that we would have to scan either :

1 - in the Aurora (this structure, see screenshot below)
Http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/465832Tlporteur.jpg
Making furiously think of the teleport rings of the film and TV series: "Stargate".
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/stargate/images/d/d4/Anneaux_de_transport.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20090924220646&path-prefix=fr

Teleporter which would take the whole place of a multifunctional room (as is the case with the nuclear reactor for example) and which would require ENORMOUS energy to operate (prerequisite of 1000 pts of power for example ?).

This would give a renewed interest in the "Bio reactor" and the "Nuclear Reactor" that I have never used.

A teleport can, for example, consume a full "reactor bar" for EVERY teleportation.

2 - in one of the alien bases.
Http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/subnautica/images/2/25/TP2.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160930194158

Teleporter that would have to be built with "endgame" resources such as disthene or ion crystals.

A teleportation can for example consume a full "crystal of ions" for EVERY teleportation.

This allowed us to teleport from one base to another (in which we would have previously built the said teleporters).

And the summun would be to be able to install a portable module in the Cyclops. :)

For example, a teleport can consume 50% of all the batteries of our Cyclops.

This would really change our lives, and it would save us from doing VERY return (eg, when exploring the lava caves) all this (often) to get only a specific resource or to empty our inventory. :/

PS: Sorry for my English, I had to translate my post via Google Translator. :)

Comments

• scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    No apologies needed; your English was just fine! :)

This is the third teleporter thread. Check out the answers to numbers one and two here:
    https://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/148569/tpad
    https://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/148537/teleporters
  • AsubaAsuba FRANCE Join Date: 2016-04-16 Member: 215835Members
    OK, thanks. ;)

A priori it would be planned for after the final release. :smiley:
    We could get that after V1.0.
  • Phoenix223Phoenix223 Chicago Join Date: 2016-02-18 Member: 213174Members
    edited March 2017
    Asuba wrote: »
    1 - in the Aurora (this structure, see screenshot below)
    Http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/465832Tlporteur.jpg
    Making furiously think of the teleport rings of the film and TV series: "Stargate".
    http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/stargate/images/d/d4/Anneaux_de_transport.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20090924220646&path-prefix=fr

It DOES look like the Rings from Stargate! Conversely, the teleport gateways remind me of SG-1. One of the devs is a fan~.
    Asuba wrote: »
    Teleporter which would take the whole place of a multifunctional room (as is the case with the nuclear reactor for example) and which would require ENORMOUS energy to operate (prerequisite of 1000 pts of power for example ?).

This would give a renewed interest in the "Bio reactor" and the "Nuclear Reactor" that I have never used.

A teleport can, for example, consume a full "reactor bar" for EVERY teleportation.

2 - in one of the alien bases.
    Http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/subnautica/images/2/25/TP2.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160930194158

Teleporter that would have to be built with "endgame" resources such as disthene or ion crystals.

A teleportation can for example consume a full "crystal of ions" for EVERY teleportation.

Given its OVERPOWERED nature, it makes sense to make it endgame content. Also, I've been using Thermal Plants all this time because they're "renewable energy" and I need no more than 4 to power my base. High energy demands from a teleporter would increase the need for Nuclear or Bio-Reactors.

In fact, maybe that should be a prerequisite: building the teleporter could be restricted to a double-story Room with a Nuclear Reactor built underneath.

Room 2F: Teleporter
    Room 1F: Nuclear Reactor

By doing this, the Teleporter would have a dedicated power supply (separate from Base Power), and a cooldown for each jump while the reactor charges to capacity. Of course, because I don't know if this would break the game or not, this cooldown would apply only to outgoing jumps; gates on the receiving end wouldn't consume power.
  • ThePassionateGamerThePassionateGamer Germany Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218219Members
    If they really go the route of teleporters after 1.0, I hope they don't overdue it with the energy consumption. Sure a recharge and thus "cooldown" would be nice, but I'd rather not have to build a full nuclear reactor per "gate" so to speak. Let them have a sort of Ion crystal based buffer or something like that. You have to charge said buffer and yes by using a nuclear reactor you may charge it quicker then with solar panels for example but both would be possible to do.

But since the Precurser version seems to run forever with just one ion crystal we should be able to build a smaller, rechargeable version that does work with "normal" base power means. Maybe add a UI tweak or a console in the teleporter room where you can select how much of the energy "income" is used for charge and how much for the base.
    edited March 2017
    But since the Precurser version seems to run forever with just one ion crystal we should be able to build a smaller, rechargeable version that does work with "normal" base power means. Maybe add a UI tweak or a console in the teleporter room where you can select how much of the energy "income" is used for charge and how much for the base.

Let's make it simpler. What if the transporter ran off of Ion Power Cells? It would charge off of Base Power and each jump would deplete one full Cell; it can hold four and upgrades can be added to make it charge faster or use less power per jump.
    edited March 2017
    -deleted; posted accidentally-
  • ThePassionateGamerThePassionateGamer Germany Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218219Members
    @Phoenix223 You mean like the erm "Power-Bank" in the Cyclops where you put your power cells? Would work for me.

+1 for additional upgrade options to it.
  • NVMGamerNVMGamer Join Date: 2017-05-13 Member: 230464Members
    I think your going a BIT extensive on the power requirements but that might just be me