New docking bay

linearlinear Join Date: 2017-02-20 Member: 228084Members
edited February 2017 in Ideas and Suggestions
I belive that the very talented enginers on this game sould add a big docking bay for the cyclops as I hate jus seeing it out free and anything could happen to it and maybe it could get recharged or if they add damage to the cyclops it can get repaired by the same kinda drones from the mobile vehicle bay I think that would be really cool

Comments

• 999Antonio3849999Antonio3849 Emperor Aquarium Join Date: 2016-10-23 Member: 223324Members
    Look on the trello page on there in after V 1.0 its in the TO DO list
  • SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    There won't be a moon pool for the cyclops, although there will be a sort of hatch thing that it can connect to.
  • ThePassionateGamerThePassionateGamer Germany Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218219Members
    There won't be a moon pool for the cyclops, although there will be a sort of hatch thing that it can connect to.

Hope it will be kinda "Connect n' (re)charge". ;)

That would be nice.
  • BreakingForceBreakingForce Join Date: 2016-12-17 Member: 225066Members
    well, if you put some power cell chargers on your cyclops it'll charge itself...no need for it to run on base power. speaking of docking bays, however, i do wish they'd add a second one to the cyclops itself, so it can carry both the seamoth and the prawn simultaneously. both craft have their own utility and have times when they're both more useful than the other, and it kinda sucks that you have to pick one and live with it...or slowboat all the way back to where you have the unused craft stored and swap every time you want to use the other. as it is, the prawn suit is the more generally useful of the two (because drill arm), so past a certain point in the game your seamoth will probably just sit around at your base >.>
  • ThePassionateGamerThePassionateGamer Germany Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218219Members
    well, if you put some power cell chargers on your cyclops it'll charge itself...no need for it to run on base power.
    I know that this "glitch" does work at the moment, but I still would like to see a docking port/hatch thingy to be able to charge the whole sub instead of having to remove the powercells one by one and reloading them. That would be the main reason for me to build a docking module for the Cyclops anyway. Just to get from sub to base without getting wet is barly worth it imo. For immersion yes but in terms of gameplay benefit I'd say no, not worth it if it does not recharge the sub when docked.
    speaking of docking bays, however, i do wish they'd add a second one to the cyclops itself, so it can carry both the seamoth and the prawn simultaneously. both craft have their own utility and have times when they're both more useful than the other, and it kinda sucks that you have to pick one and live with it...or slowboat all the way back to where you have the unused craft stored and swap every time you want to use the other. as it is, the prawn suit is the more generally useful of the two (because drill arm), so past a certain point in the game your seamoth will probably just sit around at your base >.>
    That would be impossible without seriously reworking the whole sub (make it bigger to fit in another docking bay), which would make it way too big to be viable in many of the caves and tight spaces you currently barely fit through. Or you would have to sacrifice the whole "locker" Space and heavily redesign the Cyclops to fit in a 2nd docking bay if at all possible.

My two cents on bigger subs are, that we won't see them in this game because of the massive rework on the whole map that would have to be done to make them viable for more then a very small number of biomes. Because how good is a sub that you can only use around the map close to the void because it is much too big to fit into other biomes. Maybe we will see bigger subs IF they make a 2nd Subnautica after this one or if the add alot of bigger content in a DLC or something that may come after release.

Since the Seamoth has "only" a crush depth of 900m it largely depends on where you wanna go when you decide which "vehicle" to dock in your Cyclops. I find myself rarely in biomes where I would like to use both. But that may be just me.

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Anyone ever measure and see if both the Seamoth and PRAWN would fit if there were two docking points in the bay, one in front of the other (and of course two hatches up top).
  • DavidXlte01234DavidXlte01234 Indonesian Join Date: 2017-02-15 Member: 227936Members
    the cyclops is too big and too hard to control... and you probably going to explode ur cyclops (they implemented the cyclops damage) and if the new docking station is implemented.... well... we need a huge habitat buider