• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    fsbdev3_016863.gif

< snicker >
    B)
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    From the list here: http://subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Mapping_Subnautica

File:LRMap.png

EDIT: It's not letting me embed it, but you can access it here: http://subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Mapping_Subnautica?file=LRMap.png

For some reason, this Forum doesn't like .png's.

Just a guess, but I'm thinking it's more that the forum doesn't like how the Wiki handles image links (it refuses to give you the absolute path to an image), and the Wiki uses .pngs (highest quality as they are lossless compression, while still having excellent file size when the quality is taken into account).

I say this because I use .pngs all the time, upload them to tinypic (or any other hosting site) and, as long as I get an actual direct link to the image, everything works.
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    fsbdev3_016863.gif

< snicker >
    B)

I knew those dang Blantons were to blame for all the cave crawlers! Dagnabbit! ;)
  • Morph_GuyMorph_Guy Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216034Members
    edited February 2017
    You have to link the image's own page (this page), not the image's file page on the wiki. Just click on the image on it's file page and it'll take you there.

Example:
    latest?cb=20170127001031

I got that from an image of the cave systems one of the devs posted a while back, which you can find here: http://imgur.com/a/Onpjl
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    Morph_Guy wrote: »
    You have to link the image's own page (this page), not the image's file page on the wiki. Just click on the image on it's file page and it'll take you there.

Example:
    latest?cb=20170127001031

I got that from an image of the cave systems one of the devs posted a while back, which you can find here: http://imgur.com/a/Onpjl

That's a tough one. Um...an ice-skating duck? Oh! A squirrel doing a one-armed handstand?

...what do you mean, "We're not playing Pictionary?"
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    That's a tough one. Um...an ice-skating duck? Oh! A squirrel doing a one-armed handstand?

Kinda looks like the layout of the Lost River.
  • Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members
    So, Mapping the Lost River group exercise, as was done with the Inactive Lava Zone. Nice
  • Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members
    zetachron wrote: »
    Just some descriptions added:
    mik519fnfgka.png
    The best path for the Cyclops to the Lava Zone is the Grand Reef Entrance near the Grand Reef abondoned base.

So that's why I never found the Precursor base: I always turned to the wrong direction.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Just some descriptions added:
    mik519fnfgka.png
    The best path for the Cyclops to the Lava Zone is the Grand Reef Entrance near the Grand Reef abondoned base.

You should upload that to the wiki page.
  • pie1055pie1055 Join Date: 2016-12-05 Member: 224603Members
  • HormanHorman Germany Join Date: 2016-03-16 Member: 214292Members
    So, Mapping the Lost River group exercise, as was done with the Inactive Lava Zone. Nice

Oh, is there also a detailed map of the ILZ?
  • pie1055pie1055 Join Date: 2016-12-05 Member: 224603Members
    Horman wrote: »

Oh, is there also a detailed map of the ILZ?

If I may toot my own horn you can use a map I made;
    jzolsnjg3bwo.png
  • HormanHorman Germany Join Date: 2016-03-16 Member: 214292Members
    Oh great - I saw your map of the Lost River....
    great work!
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    pie1055 wrote: »
    Sadly it's no
    JN5J9ca.jpg

Yes, too bad. But I think necessary cuts to get the game finished one day.
    jzolsnjg3bwo.png

The ILZ entrance to the Grand Reef already has been closed and I think the Aurora entrance is getting closed too. As the map won't probably get deleted, we get 2 long dead ends with places for some little secrets I guess.

A suggestion for the devs:

You could cut the entrances with giant precursor gates that will open some time later, forcing you first to use only 1 route but allowing you to have all 3 routes after you visited the castle or prison. That way the quest progress stays guided, but the freedom is given back later.

Background:
    The big lava cave with castle is sealed by 2 gates to prevent access to the prison. Over centuries the acid flow of the Lost River created a breakthrough that is now unsealed. The prison facilty control center can open the gates again, but only from within.

Alternative:
    All three entrances to the lava cave are sealed by 3 gates and you have to teleport from the lost river to the castle and then go to the gate control center to unlock the gates, before a big Cyclops expedition can make its 2nd exploration to the prison.
  • Geocrafter47Geocrafter47 Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219382Members
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    Sadly it's no
    JN5J9ca.jpg

Yes, too bad. But I think necessary cuts to get the game finished one day.
    jzolsnjg3bwo.png

The ILZ entrance to the Grand Reef already has been closed and I think the Aurora entrance is getting closed too. As the map won't probably get deleted, we get 2 long dead ends with places for some little secrets I guess.

Yeah, maybe post-1.0 they can expand these things since they'll have more time. Could pass it off as DLC maybe. I'm still fuming over the Dunes-ILZ entrance being sealed up (Seemingly replaced with a "Only visit once" cache) and the Crash Zone potentially being sealed up. Where are the Sea Dragons supposed to get their reapers now? Through the cramped and tricky to navigate Lost River?
  • ShadrissShadriss Join Date: 2017-05-02 Member: 230205Members
    jzolsnjg3bwo.png

What are the chances of getting a map like this for the Lost River? The one that's been shown is all well and good, but there is no sense of scale, and I haven't been able to get it aligned to the other zones/entrances... the numbers and that shape don't seem to quite match up. Not by any numbers I've been able to find or confirm, anyhow. I'm trying to create a series of maps (biome by biome) to better be able to see what's supposed to be in each one, including a grid overlay, and this zone is eluding my ability to place it correctly.