Which diving suit can go the deepest?

YolDovahYolDovah Boreville Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227924Members
Ok so im at that point where i need to start venturing into the deep for resources and fragments.

I have the moonpool an ive upgraded my prawn an seamoth but we know that we cant scan fragments while in the prawn, moth or cyclops.

So which would be better the radiation suit or the reinforced suit for when i need to search wrecks or scan fragments beyond the 200m mark.

Comments

• SpikeTheGamer11SpikeTheGamer11 Join Date: 2017-01-21 Member: 227064Members
    if its 200m the sea moth anything deeper you need the cyclops and/or the prawn
  • ShotoutShotout Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224576Members
    edited February 2017
    You can exit any vehicle to do a scan at any depth. Get a Seaglide, Rebreather helmet and high capacity air tanks.

You will move slower and burn batteries faster at depth. I have used a Seaglide to swim to my Lost River (LR)
    staging base at 220M Depth (MD) from my LR base (200M from the Giant Cave Tree) at 800MD.
    I undock and leave my Moth/PRAWN above crush depth to search for fragments or to build bases.

The Renforced Dive Suit offers better thermal and damage protection.
    After I repair the Big A's reactors I only use the Rad Suit to remove reactor rods.

I have found and mined deposits of almost everything from 50MD (Ag,Au,Cu,LI,Pb,Ti,etc.) to 1KMD.
  • YolDovahYolDovah Boreville Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227924Members
    Thats good to know.
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    The only equipment that really has an effect on depth is the Rebreather, which negates the faster oxygen consumption rate below 200m. For suits though, they all behave exactly the same in regards to diving.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Rezca wrote: »
    The only equipment that really has an effect on depth is the Rebreather, which negates the faster oxygen consumption rate below 100m. For suits though, they all behave exactly the same in regards to diving.

FTFY ( > 100m (yellow) = 1.5x, > 200m (red) = 2x)
    Well I think I found the lost river if the lost river is that creepy green looking place with that big Dragon looking skull.

All that is nothing compared to the outright lag in areas one of which is where a modification station fragment is but you can not move at all in a vehicle maybe it's due to all the koosh plants but if you take the prawn an try to turn it just spazzes out like a headless chicken.
  • ShotoutShotout Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224576Members
    Yes you are in the Lost River (LR) biome.

Reload the game to fix FPS, troublesome but effective.
    Shotout wrote: »
    Yes you are in the Lost River (LR) biome.

Reload the game to fix FPS, troublesome but effective.

Not on Xbox the fps lag just stays.

I can deal with the reaper clipping through terrain, I can also deal with resources an creatures despawning causing me to quit an reload.

What I can't deal with is constant lag in certain areas even with it been early access.

All in all unique survival game.