Disable Story option

RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
First off, let me say that I do like having the story elements in the game. However, there's also times when I'd rather just ignore all of it.

Right now, only Creative mode offers this feature. I'd like to see it as perhaps a checkbox when starting a new Save File, so you could play a Freedom, Survival, or Hardcore game without...:

-The Aurora exploding (You can get the Seamoth and Prawn fragments in other wrecks, not sure about some of the Posters. You'd only be missing out on some aesthetic figurines AFAIK)
-The Sunbeam event chain
-The virus on you / fauna
-Being able to craft the rocket and 'end' the game

It'd still allow for:
-Picking up the lifepod signals
-Access to the precursor bases

Basically, the game would play like it did back when there was little story active in the game, but without the need to play on Creative Mode.

What are your thoughts?

Comments

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Why would you want to prevent the Aurora from exploding? Just let it blow, fix the radiation, and leave the rest of the story bits inactive. Say, by disabling PDA and informational (non-blueprint) data log downloads.
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    Why would you want to prevent the Aurora from exploding? Just let it blow, fix the radiation, and leave the rest of the story bits inactive. Say, by disabling PDA and informational (non-blueprint) data log downloads.

I actually think it should even in Creative, but right now "Disable Story" seems to include the Aurora exploding, which is why I put it on the list. If there's any decorations exclusive to the Aurora's interior then there should be an alternate way inside, or it should blow up regardless of what mode you're in. The rest of the story can still be inactive as you said.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Rezca wrote: »

I actually think it should even in Creative, but right now "Disable Story" seems to include the Aurora exploding, which is why I put it on the list. If there's any decorations exclusive to the Aurora's interior then there should be an alternate way inside, or it should blow up regardless of what mode you're in. The rest of the story can still be inactive as you said.

The vending machine comes to mind..
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    Rezca wrote: »

The vending machine comes to mind..

Pretty sure you can find that in debris piles in the Safe Shallows and Grassy Plateaus, unless they relocated it. Not sure why since the bonuses it provides is minimal, so it's not really worth moving out of an early game area.

I think some decorative items are exclusive to the Aurora though, some plush toy and the model Aurora figurine?
  • jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    Is this person disagreeing on every post in this topic? Because that is a bit stupid.
  • SigmalxSigmalx USA Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220132Members
    Is this person disagreeing on every post in this topic? Because that is a bit stupid.
    Doesn't appear to every comment mate. Personally, I love the story; as a writer myself. But it's bemusing that the story doesn't progress unless you get the data downloads from the transmitter. So for all intents and purposes, you could check off all things on the to-do list before Avery Quinn talks to you.