Sea Moth Fragments

KrayZSamuraiKrayZSamurai Canada Join Date: 2017-02-16 Member: 227975Members
I'm fairly new to playing Subnautica; I have watched YouTubers play it, but until recently I have not been able to play the game myself. I must say that it's amazing and very addictive!

Now, I've gotten a whole lot of stuff; radiation suit (I accidentally made one before I got the thing about Lifepod 6 so technically I have 2 now), sea glider, knife, water, food, scanner, repair tool,flashlight, batteries, oxygen tank and some extra supplies on the side. I've explored Lifepod 17 already and that's where I found the second fragment of the Sea Moth (and where I also almost got eaten by a herd of Sand Sharks trying to find the third fragment). However, I have no idea as to where I can find the third piece of it. When you make a new game, are pieces of things randomly scattered? Or do they have a definite location? And where on earth (or, I guess, on that alien planet) can I find that third Sea Moth fragment?

Do I have to wait until I get another signal from another lifepod to find the third fragment? Or do I have to just keep exploring until I find it? Because I just randomly found the first fragment of the Sea Moth around the edge of that Kelp Forest place,and the second fragment was at lifepod 17. Is the third fragment at lifepod 6 (because I looked around it and couldn't seem to find it)? Sorry for all the questions, but I REALLY want that Sea Moth blueprint!

Comments

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    I think they're in the red grass area (the one that has lots of sandsharks, on the border of the kelp forest and / or safe shallows)?
  • ShotoutShotout Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224576Members
    XB1S; The closest Red Grass Area from the Safe Shallows (depending on LP5 placement) is SSW. I usually stop there on my way back from the Floating Island. Just listen for the Reefbacks. I have found Moth, Battery and Power Cell Chargers Frags. BUUUT, to build any Sub or PRAWN you'll need the Portable Vehicle Bay.