Ionic nuclear reactor

danielwithaddanielwithad North America Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227920Awaiting Authorization
As most of you may know, ion batteries and cells have 5x the energy storage of their normal counterparts. Currently, we have no way of generating as much power as these ion devices require, without multiples of the same generator. So I propose a nuclear reactor that utilizes ion crystals to store 5x as much energy as a normal reactor. Maybe it could also use an advanced reactor rod that gives 5x amount of power over its lifetime. Maybe this advanced rod could use one of the common but low use materials like mercury or kyanite. It would provide a resource sink for these materials. Keep in mind that this does not actually generate power faster, but just has more storage. The recipes for each of these devices is up to the developers.

Comments

• ThePassionateGamerThePassionateGamer Germany Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218219Members
    To pick up what I see as the baseline of you post, I'd like to see something more sophisticated as the "best" base reactor we can build.

Nuclear Fusion just seems so outdated considering the time the game plays in. It would be great if we could get another "tier" of base reactor added when time allows for it.

Something that allows for more energy/minute produced and possibly more energy stored per reactor compaired to the current reactors.
    Some kind of futuristic reactor not in existence today would be great. Maybe something that you have to have other "modules" for to build/create the resources it uses. Like a "Matter-/Antimatter Splitter" or something for an Antimatter-Reactor for example. You could fill a certain ressource in the Splitter and slowly get Antimatter out of it with which you could then fuel the Antimatter-Reactor.
    Or maybe a smaller version of the Darkmatter Reactor onboard the Aurora? Or what about cold fusion?
    I think you get what I mean...just another tier higher then "just" nuclear fusion.
    I am open for anything the Devs come up with in this matter. :wink:
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    To pick up what I see as the baseline of you post, I'd like to see something more sophisticated as the "best" base reactor we can build.

Nuclear Fusion fission just seems so outdated considering the time the game plays in. It would be great if we could get another "tier" of base reactor added when time allows for it.

Something that allows for more energy/minute produced and possibly more energy stored per reactor compaired to the current reactors.
    Some kind of futuristic reactor not in existence today would be great. Maybe something that you have to have other "modules" for to build/create the resources it uses. Like a "Matter-/Antimatter Splitter" or something for an Antimatter-Reactor for example. You could fill a certain ressource in the Splitter and slowly get Antimatter out of it with which you could then fuel the Antimatter-Reactor.
    Or maybe a smaller version of the Darkmatter Reactor onboard the Aurora? Or what about cold fusion?
    I think you get what I mean...just another tier higher then "just" nuclear fusion fission.
    I am open for anything the Devs come up with in this matter. :wink:

:p The reactor we build in-game uses Uranium, so it's fission-based.
  • NexussfireNexussfire USA Join Date: 2017-01-05 Member: 226187Members
    I'd like to see this too. OR at the very least see some upgraded Uranium Rods into.. plasteel enforced ionic uranium rod(s). P.E.I.U.R for short.

But then I want to make the power crystal posts (the crystal looking powerlines) be able to syphon or transfer power from the precursor bases straight to a base of your crafting nearby, as I've done this in one of my play throughs and I'd love to leech the almost unending power off the precursor gun base via making some power lines to do it. To keep it balanced or at least make it viable there would have to be a Energy Transfer Unit built right next to where these lines connect/hack into the precursor bases to make the power transfer safe.. I.E the way a car inverter works for plugging in A/C devices.

Just my thought on energy related matters!
  • SnailsAttackSnailsAttack Join Date: 2017-02-09 Member: 227749Members
    This game definitely needs some more energy-generation type stuff. Support.
  • ThePassionateGamerThePassionateGamer Germany Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218219Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    :p The reactor we build in-game uses Uranium, so it's fission-based.

Yeah you are right...they split them not fuse them. My bad. :D
    Nexussfire wrote: »
    I'd like to see this too. OR at the very least see some upgraded Uranium Rods into.. plasteel enforced ionic uranium rod(s). P.E.I.U.R for short.

But then I want to make the power crystal posts (the crystal looking powerlines) be able to syphon or transfer power from the precursor bases straight to a base of your crafting nearby, as I've done this in one of my play throughs and I'd love to leech the almost unending power off the precursor gun base via making some power lines to do it. To keep it balanced or at least make it viable there would have to be a Energy Transfer Unit built right next to where these lines connect/hack into the precursor bases to make the power transfer safe.. I.E the way a car inverter works for plugging in A/C devices.

Just my thought on energy related matters!

Your post gave me another idea which I have to put in a spoiler:
    The Precursor Thermal Power Generator inside the Lava Castle does give you the info when you scan it, that it powers several Precursor Bases including the Gun and the Warpers. What if we could harness that energy too? Give us the chance to build a kind of Precursor Energy Receiver. Something that is small enough to be used by Warpers could maybe be made into something that fits into a MP-Room to give your base all the energy it needs. Maybe you can build only a few P.E.R.'s (Precursor Energy Receiver) so that you can't overload the Precursor Reactor?