[BUG]CYCLOPS DOES NOT CHARGE SEAMOTH[44391]

MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
I think it's been documented a few times that when swapping a full battery/power cell in place of a discharged one, the removed battery/cell is either lost or nothing happens. I just had the power cell die in my seamoth, so I swapped it for a full power cell. This time the empty power cell was placed in my inventory but the full power cell, now installed in the seamoth, is showing 0% power.

So, trying to be smart, I jumped into my Cyclops and postioned it directly over the seamoth until it was drawn up into the Cyclops, hoping that it would recharge the power cell.

Well, as you can see in the screenshot below the seamoth is showing as fully charged in the Cyclops. But when I enter the seamoth and drop it into the sea, the power cell has no charge. :(

20170213164732_1.jpg

Comments

• DracobombaDracobomba Join Date: 2016-04-08 Member: 215502Members
    As clever as that idea was, I'd bet it probably somehow bypassed the "set seamoth to charge" event since you weren't actually inside of it. This is a rather odd bug, but to be fair, you used a very unorthodox method to achieve it.

Also, why didn't you just pull a power cell directly out of the cyclops and switched them out?
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    Dracobomba wrote: »
    Also, why didn't you just pull a power cell directly out of the cyclops and switched them out?

Because, as I explained in my post, switching a dead power cell for a new/fully charged one has a bug in which the new power cell has it's charge wiped out. And sometimes swapped batteries/power cells are lost.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Pull the empty power cell from the seamoth while it's docked. Then put it back in. ?
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    Pull the empty power cell from the seamoth while it's docked. Then put it back in. ?

That's worth a try. :smile: