Resolution Problem...

DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
edited January 2017 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
The game won't let me change the screen resolution, it's stuck on 1280 x 720 even though my TV is set at 1920 x 1080.

Any suggestions?
B)

Comments

• x0Z3ro0xx0Z3ro0x Join Date: 2017-01-25 Member: 227214Members
    edited January 2017
    Does this happen with a normal computer screen. I play GTA V on my TV and had to change to my PC monitor bc my TV was forcing the best fit resolution. If your tv is anything like mine, it could be forcing a resolution. Or subnautica just may not be able to detect what resolutions your TV can handle.

Keep in mind TVs, while they CAN be connected to PCs are not meant to be used for such things, thats why we have computer monitors. So some error should be expected no matter what game u play.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    It could also happen if you set your screen to duplicate instead of side by side (if you're also using a computer monitor). If you set it to duplicate, both screens will take on the lower of the two resolutions. To fix that, if that is your case, set the mode to "extend" the screen instead of duplicate.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited January 2017
    Just using a 55" Toshiba HD LED TV at the moment.
    (I haven't used a monitor in several years)

It is hooked up to my PC through the Nvidia GTX-1060 card with a HDMI cable.
    I didn't have this problem when I was using the GTX-740 card before installing the 1060.

The Nvidia Control Panel says the TV is running at 1920 x 1080 and I have that option in the games settings.

But the game is forcing it to be the 1280 x 720 as I said above.

So I'm not really sure what the problem is.

I guess I'll have to fiddle with the settings in the Control Panel and see what happens.

Addendum:

That fixed it, reset the size in the Control Panel and then did a restart of the PC.

All's well again in the deep blue sea...

Thanks for the suggestions folks.

B)
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    edited January 2017
    If that's your only output, and NVCP says it's running at 1080p, I'm not sure what's up. Is there some sort of super sampling or somesuch enabled in the NVCP? Although normally that would force higher resolutions. Maybe it's set to 0.5x supersampling, lol Perhaps a quick Google of the issue?

Eh, Googled it:

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2127517/display-resolutions-1080p.html
    Heloo, i was expriencing the same problem with my bravia tv, even videos were running at 1280x720p on my full hd display, after playing around i solved this issue ..... to solve this right ckick on desktop, goto screen resolution , click on "make text and other items larger or smaller" and change the size of all items to smallest , i.e pull the slider all way to left, then select the desired resolution and frame rate once again . now go check in km player or any other way, it shall be displaying in 1920x1080

EDIT: I see you already found a solution. xD