Randomly unable to see PDA while aboard Cyclops except out front window

FalconGreyFalconGrey USA West Coast Join Date: 2017-01-18 Member: 226894Members
edited January 2017 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
Is anybody else experiencing this issue since last update? (Using experimental build 43700)

PDA works fine accessing inventory, planters, storage lockers and so forth. However, sporadically if I board the cyclops PDA is not visible except through the front window if trying to access lockers or simply opening inventory. It is like the PDA is outside the Cyclops, if that makes any since? Saving, exiting the game, and restarting seems to 'correct' this issue so long as you do so ABOARD the Cyclops. I am attempting to have this problem happen again so I can capture a screenshot of the PDA outside the front view screen. I have not found a direct way, as of yet, to force this to happen but has happened now two different times to point at this is not an odd glitch, but a bug some place.

edit: Here is a screenshot of this happening.
aQZicb6.jpg

Comments

• SP_KennySP_Kenny Southpark Join Date: 2017-01-22 Member: 227115Members
    I have not checked it against the front window but have seen the no PDA screen while aboard the sub.
    What I have found that triggers it for me is when I have launched the PRAWN or Seamoth from the sub and exited from them to access storage then boarded the sub via the access port then open a storage locker - no PDA screen. Exit the sub and redock the vehicle in the docking bay then access the storage - all is good again
  • hotknife85hotknife85 Germany Join Date: 2017-01-27 Member: 227312Members
    Having the same problem, happens randomly, fixed it by just exiting to the main menu and then reload the game, this should work.... still annoying though....
  • NecriptosNecriptos Join Date: 2017-01-04 Member: 226092Members
    Does this happens when docking a ship into cyclops or moonpools aswell ? looks bloody similar to my issue cf http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/147731/bug-pda-icons-and-text-become-lighting-dependant-and-unreadable-43604-jan-2016#latest
  • FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    Only ever happens to me when I enter the Cyclops through the hatch. Maybe be connected to having left a vehicle a short moment before boarding. Maybe something from the mechanics allowing viewing the PDA in a vehicle interferes with how you can view the PDA on the Cyclops. A positioning variable that doesn't get purged in time?
  • Shifter6Shifter6 Join Date: 2017-01-11 Member: 226556Members
    I have also been plagued with this invisible PDA issue, though it resembles SP_Kenny's issue more closely. I'll see if it is the same bug.
  • pariah013pariah013 USA Join Date: 2017-02-01 Member: 227493Members
    The issue is caused when you take either the Seamoth or the PRAWN suit out of the docking bay in your Cyclops. As soon as you put it back in, it will "fix" the issue. However, the transparency issue caused by vehicles will still persist until you restart the game entirely. Hope that helps save some time with fixing it until they introduce a fix. ^_^