Air Pump

CAPSHAWCAPSHAW Nevada Join Date: 2016-09-29 Member: 222692Members
There are two types of air pumps right now: One that floats and sends out air, and another that sends out air from the base. I would like to be able to utilize at least one of these so air can be pumped into the base from the outside, or from another base. This would be nice for bases that I don't use a lot, or bases I use as a pit stop.

For instance, I have a base next to the Aurora that serves as my main base, and another base that is in the Tree Cove. Now, I know if would be a lot of work to get air from the surface to the Lost River area, but it can be done. Because the Tree Cove is just beneath the threshold for me Seamoth to submerge under, I built a pit-stop moonpool within seaglide distance. I want to be able to pump oxygen in there without having to use power. I know its as easy as building a bioreactor in a multipurpose room and grabbing a fish to put in it, but I think this should be done. Even without power, you should still be able to pump oxygen into your base if there are pumps attached correctly.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• jamintheinfinite_1jamintheinfinite_1 Jupiter Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224524Members
    I agree. Maybe we should have anther power source. One that you can get a like mid game. This one is water powered but is only gives 100 power and can only work if deep enough. At the same time it will need power cells so it can power and turn water into power. (Doesn't need power in creative and can power base on creative I like having a powered base on creative even though you don't need one)
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    I think just a base power adapter that has a couple of battery slots and maybe a power cell slot would be fine, right?
  • CAPSHAWCAPSHAW Nevada Join Date: 2016-09-29 Member: 222692Members
    There should absolutely be a power cell slot for the base!
  • Shifter6Shifter6 Join Date: 2017-01-11 Member: 226556Members
    Perhaps allowing power cell and battery chargers to have a setting that puts their power into the base instead of drawing base power to charge them? A "reverse" power cell/battery charger setting?
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Shifter6 wrote: »
    Perhaps allowing power cell and battery chargers to have a setting that puts their power into the base instead of drawing base power to charge them? A "reverse" power cell/battery charger setting?

Agreed, but not in the stock chargers. Make it an upgrade for them.
  • almisamialmisami Join Date: 2017-01-22 Member: 227094Members
    Since it's sort-of established in the Cyclops that it takes 6 power cells in a series to function at the same voltage level as solar panels (seeing as you could power your cyclops with them), it would make sense to have an advanced device able to serve as the reversible battery pack.

It would need its own model, seeing as it would need 6 slots and an input/output selector switch.