Navigation

sartan45sartan45 Uk Join Date: 2016-12-23 Member: 225391Members
Hello all,
What is the best method to navigate around the map ?
I ask mainly because I spend ages looking for wrecks to loot for scannable parts but just not finding any wrecks in a sensible time frame.

Comments

• bingomanzerobingomanzero Join Date: 2016-12-07 Member: 224676Members
    I'm still trying to figure this out too. I use the compass and marked locations (Lifepods) to orient myself and if I find anything of note, I mark it with a bouy made with titanium and copper wire.
  • sartan45sartan45 Uk Join Date: 2016-12-23 Member: 225391Members
    Yeah I use the bouy's too but that does not really help with distance, Shame the user created bouy's don't display distance. With a toggle switch so you don't get too much data a once.
  • TheChefTheChef Michigan Join Date: 2016-12-23 Member: 225388Members
    I use the Aurora as a reference point as well as beacons I place under the floating island and the mountains to the north
  • CAPSHAWCAPSHAW Nevada Join Date: 2016-09-29 Member: 222692Members
    That is how the game is supposed to be at first. You explore, and sometimes you come back empty handed (if you come back at all). Instant gratification is hardly something you're going to get.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    sartan45 wrote: »
    Yeah I use the bouy's too but that does not really help with distance, Shame the user created bouy's don't display distance. With a toggle switch so you don't get too much data a once.

This has been implemented in experimental, so you should get it in the update after the Precursor update, whenever that hits.
  • sartan45sartan45 Uk Join Date: 2016-12-23 Member: 225391Members
    That's something to look forward too "0x6A7232", I'm not looking for instant gratification, I enjoy the wondering around, but we did arrive in a spaceship so I think we should have better tools for navigation, I'm not after a in game map like in modded minecraft, a map would be nice feature but not an easy one to create e.g creating mapping bouy's that are hard to build and give basic geography that feed back to the scanning room "CAPSHAW"
  • TitanismTitanism Join Date: 2016-12-24 Member: 225458Members
    edited January 2017
    I think a blank map in the PDA that adds terrain information as you explore an area would be cool. That way you can easily find your way back to a previously explored location. Maybe make it a craftable upgrade mid-late game or a discoverable at a new lifepod really deep down?