Autosave

Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
I see that the plan is to auto-save when the player enters a base/sub, which is great. However, please make sure that it has a timeout so it doesn't happen more than once every few minutes -- unless no hitching on save is guaranteed. (The player could still manually save as often as they want).

Comments

• 999Antonio3849999Antonio3849 Emperor Aquarium Join Date: 2016-10-23 Member: 223324Members
    that is the perfect idea for me because I HATE SVAING ITS JUST SO ANNOYING
  • smellslikebleachsmellslikebleach Join Date: 2016-12-22 Member: 225337Members
    There could be a quicksave and quickload option in the later game.
    Loading time is too long!
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Racer1 wrote: »
    I see that the plan is to auto-save when the player enters a base/sub, which is great. However, please make sure that it has a timeout so it doesn't happen more than once every few minutes -- unless no hitching on save is guaranteed. (The player could still manually save as often as they want).

Also please don't over-write manual saves (except for in Hardcore mode), that could end up being tragic in some situations.
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    As long as there is only 1 save slot that gets overwritten with each save, autosave won't allow you to do experiments anymore. And as the engine got more instable lately, I'd hate to face a situation where I load my autosave just near a "crash" region, forcing me to start the game from new. And I'm not talking about the experimental builds, but the last not so stable, "stable" precursor build.

Autosave + 1 save + crashes = ruined game experience
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    Racer1 wrote: »

Also please don't over-write manual saves (except for in Hardcore mode), that could end up being tragic in some situations.
    zetachron wrote: »
    As long as there is only 1 save slot that gets overwritten with each save, autosave won't allow you to do experiments anymore. And as the engine got more instable lately, I'd hate to face a situation where I load my autosave just near a "crash" region, forcing me to start the game from new. And I'm not talking about the experimental builds, but the last not so stable, "stable" precursor build.

Autosave + 1 save + crashes = ruined game experience

OK, so don't overwrite Hardcore saves with auto-saves, instead, just delete both the auto-save and the normal save upon player death.
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    I want a game... just ONE game... where the autosave function is a slider.

It really gets on my nerves how no games have done this. It's just my little thing, but I really want a game where you can select the minutes between autosaves with a slider. I think it would also work better with the aesthetic, sure, but autosave sliders...

Oh, and yea, I agree e should have autosaves. Every game should have autosaves.