[Bug] Precursor Array Base Not Loading

MVB69MVB69 Join Date: 2016-12-30 Member: 225761Members
Hello,

The sunbeam just exploded and I am now trying to enter the Precursor base on the island, but the great majority of it does not load in, as seen in the screenshot below:

N21rlJJ.jpg

I have tried warping myself into the base with the console and find that the entire base is like this, all invisible walls, air on the ocean floor, missing hallways, etc. etc. You can see that also in the screenshots below:

xvbXsE7.jpg

LPIpADJ.jpg

6tHHzaZ.jpg

I have verified the cache, I have re-installed the game, I have saved outside and reloaded several times, I've died and then returned to the island, nothing seems to work. I'm completely stumped as to what could be going on here, any help would be sincerely appreciated, thank you.

Comments

• MVB69MVB69 Join Date: 2016-12-30 Member: 225761Members
    As an update, I started a new game and swam right out to the alien ship, to test if it would still be glitched - the alien ship is absolutely fine in a new game, it is completely intact. As such, I guess the short term solution would be to abandon my current game and start a new one, which is a hard pill to swallow.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    If you want, you can upload your entire saved game so they can take a look, it might help them track this down (maybe). Instructions for if you want to do that are in the first line of my signature ▼ down there.
  • oh_man1oh_man1 USA Join Date: 2017-05-07 Member: 230316Members
    edited June 2017
    mine did something similar just the entire inside loaded but the entire exterior walls wouldn't load and I could swim right through where they were.

Also all of the structures around it were entirely gone.
  • TonnyTTonnyT Join Date: 2017-06-03 Member: 230923Members
    I"m having a similar bug on my save as well.
    The base is flooded and anything below the water line doesn't load.

hXfI203.jpg
    z1v8laH.jpg
    S2RHtew.jpg
    Seems to me like many people are having problems with this base and although they are different for different people it seems like the bugs are similar. So hopefully it will be fixed.
    edited June 2017
    Scroll to bottom for what I have to say if you dont want to look at quotes.
    TonnyT wrote: »

hXfI203.jpg
    z1v8laH.jpg
    S2RHtew.jpg

MVB69 wrote: »
    Hello,

The sunbeam just exploded and I am now trying to enter the Precursor base on the island, but the great majority of it does not load in, as seen in the screenshot below:

N21rlJJ.jpg

I have tried warping myself into the base with the console and find that the entire base is like this, all invisible walls, air on the ocean floor, missing hallways, etc. etc. You can see that also in the screenshots below:

xvbXsE7.jpg

LPIpADJ.jpg

6tHHzaZ.jpg

I have verified the cache, I have re-installed the game, I have saved outside and reloaded several times, I've died and then returned to the island, nothing seems to work. I'm completely stumped as to what could be going on here, any help would be sincerely appreciated, thank you.

Mine is almost the exact same problem but it seems like the inside below the water line mostly loads up when it comes to the inside of the base. Although a few rooms and stuff are still missing. Above water almost the entire base is missing. All of the outer walls are gone above and below water. The other smaller structures around the precursor gun are completely gone. The inside is flooded like yours. I also got too close to the moon pool room and it made me fall like I got out of water. so I was stuck at the bottom of the cliff next to the base unable to go back up so I had to reload the game. I also can swim where there used to be walls and entire parts of the structure so its not like they are just invisible. And I have tried reloading the game. I have turned my computer off and tried again too. I even tried reloading the chunks but had no success. Its also not like this was already happening either. I just loaded in my game one day and it was like this. yours wont load the moon pool but mine will load that but not the outside or a chunk of the front of it. It seems like the final screenshot shown here seems to be the outside of the moon pool looking in where there used to be walls. That screenshot looks very similar if not the same as what my worlds moon pool looks like.

<b><span style="font-size:35px">I have searched the internet looking for how to solve this problem for a couple of days and have not found anything relating to this specific problem except for this forum.</span></b>

<b><span style="font-size:50px">I REALLY HOPE THIS IS FIXED</span></b>
  • DragoWhoovesDragoWhooves UK Join Date: 2017-05-30 Member: 230836Members
    edited June 2017
    oh_man1 wrote: »

hXfI203.jpg
    z1v8laH.jpg
    S2RHtew.jpg

Hello,

N21rlJJ.jpg

xvbXsE7.jpg

LPIpADJ.jpg

6tHHzaZ.jpg

Mine is almost the exact same problem but it seems like the inside below the water line mostly loads up when it comes to the inside of the base. Although a few rooms and stuff are still missing. Above water almost the entire base is missing. All of the outer walls are gone above and below water. The other smaller structures around the precursor gun are completely gone. The inside is flooded like yours. I also got too close to the moon pool room and it made me fall like I got out of water. so I was stuck at the bottom of the cliff next to the base unable to go back up so I had to reload the game. I also can swim where there used to be walls and entire parts of the structure so its not like they are just invisible. And I have tried reloading the game. I have turned my computer off and tried again too. I even tried reloading the chunks but had no success. Its also not like this was already happening either. I just loaded in my game one day and it was like this. yours wont load the moon pool but mine will load that but not the outside or a chunk of the front of it. It seems like the final screenshot shown here seems to be the outside of the moon pool looking in where there used to be walls. That screenshot looks very similar if not the same as what my worlds moon pool looks like.

<b><span style="font-size:35px">I have searched the internet looking for how to solve this problem for a couple of days and have not found anything relating to this specific problem except for this forum.</span></b>

is your save an old save or a fairly new save?
    oh_man1 wrote: »

hXfI203.jpg
    z1v8laH.jpg
    S2RHtew.jpg

Hello,

N21rlJJ.jpg

xvbXsE7.jpg

LPIpADJ.jpg

6tHHzaZ.jpg

is your save an old save or a fairly new save?

Its fixed now but it was an old save.