Falling out of my moon pool, and onto the sea floor.

JammingSlowlyJammingSlowly USA Join Date: 2016-12-20 Member: 225215Members
Got a video describing everything. And some other bugs too.
It's interesting.

Comments

• JammingSlowlyJammingSlowly USA Join Date: 2016-12-20 Member: 225215Members
  • CackCack OR Join Date: 2016-12-20 Member: 225226Members
    I'm encountering the same problem. Three times now when I have exited the Sea Moth, I fall to the ocean floor. I saved and reloaded, hoping it would fix the problem. Now my save file just loads with me at the bottom of the ocean floor, and no way to reach my Sea Moth (still suspended above me).
  • saltyspeculasaltyspecula Join Date: 2016-12-20 Member: 225227Members
    edited December 2016
    This also happening to me, but it's only dropping me half way down to a new "surface" level while my sea moth can continue going to the actual surface. Attempting to jump out drops me to about 200 ish meters.

It started happening after going into the alien super weapon for the first time after the Sunbeam tried to land.

EDIT: found a fix that worked for me: Die. Now able to swim normally.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Just do warpme in the console. Or kill.
    This also happening to me, but it's only dropping me half way down to a new "surface" level while my sea moth can continue going to the actual surface. Attempting to jump out drops me to about 200 ish meters.

It started happening after going into the alien super weapon for the first time after the Sunbeam tried to land.

EDIT: found a fix that worked for me: Die. Now able to swim normally.

It started happening to me right after I searched all of the Aurora.
    Seems to be a new bug with the update that came out.
    Hope they can get around to fixing it soon.
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    I just had the same thing happen where I fell out of my seamoth. Ended up walking around on the sea floor, being able to breathe underwater and had to kill myself to get back. Woke up in the life pod but the life pod had gone back to its unrepaired state. :hushed:
  • Crewman87Crewman87 Join Date: 2016-12-14 Member: 224967Members
    edited December 2016
    Happened to me as well. However I am falling out of the Cyclops. What I did before this happened.

- Watched planetary cannon epicness
    - Explored all areas of alien structure (did not use alien technology to travel)
    - Headed towards floating island above grand reef (cyclops)
    - Sank down to at least 400m
    - Saved while still manning the helm
    - Exited and fell to my death

This game was created before the precursor update, not sure if it's relevant.

Aside from that, I recently cleared my terrain caches.

Dying will fix the bug as previously stated however.
    Crewman87 wrote: »
    Happened to me as well. However I am falling out of the Cyclops. What I did before this happened.

- Watched planetary cannon epicness
    - Explored all areas of alien structure (did not use alien technology to travel)
    - Headed towards floating island above grand reef (cyclops)
    - Sank down to at least 400m
    - Saved while still manning the helm
    - Exited and fell to my death

This game was created before the precursor update, not sure if it's relevant.

Aside from that, I recently cleared my terrain caches.

Dying will fix the bug as previously stated however.

I created mine after the update.
    It has happened to my three times, in the exact same way.
    Luckily, I am able to make it to my base from my moonpool... on foot.
    Sounds weird when you think of being underwater.

I created mine after the update.
    It has happened to my three times, in the exact same way.
    Luckily, I am able to make it to my base from my moonpool... on foot.
    Sounds weird when you think of being underwater.

I am willing to bet it's related to the new alien structure, or at least the area around it. Seems like the game is losing track of your players position and doesn't know to change the physics. This is why dying or warping fixes the issue as it resets the character position. I don't really know what else could cause this behavior.
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    Has anyone tried walking underwater to the mountain island when they've encountered this glitch? I wonder what would happen if you walked out of the water, if it would fix it or not?
    Has anyone tried walking underwater to the mountain island when they've encountered this glitch? I wonder what would happen if you walked out of the water, if it would fix it or not?

That's actually a neat idea, but as for me I don't think it would work where it thinks I am in a base.
    As I walk around in the video, my bases power and depth is showed on the top.
    If it happens again I am taking an underwater road trip to test this though.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Even with how annoying this bug is, can't help but chuckle at the thread title. Sounds like somebody's drunk and fell out of base xD

If it happens again and I am not stuck in grand reef, I will give it a shot to entertain my curiosity lol. I assume it wont matter as it doesn't logically fix the problem, since it seems the game considers your character inside a base or vehicle no matter where you go.
  • CyberstormFoxCyberstormFox Jacksonville, FL Join Date: 2016-12-23 Member: 225381Members
    I experienced this too, and sadly my base was too high up from the seafloor I was walking on, to jump to it, so I used the "kill" command.
    I remember immediately before this happened, I boarded the seamoth while out of the water, but able to reach it from the edge of the alien building's moonpool. But every other time I enter the seamoth has been while underwater, so it might have to do with being on land when boarding a sub, that when you leave the sub later, it last had you being on land mode (walking, breathing and falling) and put you back in that state again.
    Just a theory.
  • cloudshadowcloudshadow Join Date: 2016-12-23 Member: 225407Members
    edited December 2016
    i had the same bug i went into the alien structure with my seamoth explored the whole thing then saved the game while i was in the moonpool in the structure. when i started playing i entered my seamoth in the moonpool and went to the floating island when i left i fell to the seafloor i could walk to the island but going out of the water and back in didnt solve the problem also my footsteps sounded like they did inside the structure instead of the normal footsteps on the island i then used the green portal thing and got stuck in a green animation. i reloaded to the point where i was swiming in the moonpool i swam out and everything was fine but when i left with my seamoth the problem reoccurred so i think it has to do with the game not registering you leave if you are using a vehicle and applying the non underwater physics from the structure
    EDIT: i used my seamoth to go to my base which was at the safe shallows which i spawned at and the terain didnt load i went into my base and exited and proceeded to fall to 250m after which i reloaded the save
    @cloudshadow Sounds about right. This further confirms its a problem involving the structure area and not properly keeping track of the characters location. This is just a hunch, but I am wondering if it is actually related to the portals themselves since that is the only mechanic that was added involving character location. I myself used the portal before the bug happened.
  • FrustratedFrustrated Join Date: 2016-11-04 Member: 223643Members
    I've not been to Mountain Island for ages and have not seen the new precursor stuff, nor have a been through a portal of any kind.

This bug happens to me though on my floating island base - fortunately I can just walk to my base and go in, and out, and all is fixed again. And it happened for the first time months ago, way before the precursor stuff.
    Interesting. I personally haven't seen it before this update. Seems to be a lot more frequent now.
    Interesting. I personally haven't seen it before this update. Seems to be a lot more frequent now.

Pretty sure it is an issue with the update.
    I uploaded the video to my Steam profile and have received a lot of comments talking about how often it happens to people now.
    Devs need to find a fix soonish. I can imagine people getting frustrated and not playing it due to the bug.
    I haven't played in a few days due to it myself.
    I am with you on that. Playing has been difficult with this bug and the constant FPS stuttering. However I can understand waiting to optimize until all planned features are implemented, that is, as long as the game isn't totally unplayable. Last I read they are looking into this particular bug so I'd imagine it won't be too long.
    I am with you on that. Playing has been difficult with this bug and the constant FPS stuttering. However I can understand waiting to optimize until all planned features are implemented, that is, as long as the game isn't totally unplayable. Last I read they are looking into this particular bug so I'd imagine it won't be too long.

I am glad they are looking into it.
    Hopefully a hot fix swings in soon.
  • tachyonparticletachyonparticle germany Join Date: 2016-12-27 Member: 225570Members
    Same here,
    came back from blood kelp forest to my base right under the lifepod. The base were gone and within the lifepod all equipment (fabricator etc.) was missing. Upon leaving the lifepod I fell to the ground. I then committed suicide and everything was fine again however the seamoth was about 600m away from the position I parked it at.