Ion Crystal Fuel Rods

CAPSHAWCAPSHAW Nevada Join Date: 2016-09-29 Member: 222692Members
In the game, the ion crystal give the Precursors near infinite energy. If our PDA is so good at putting together schematics, can we create fuel rods that act like the Precursor devices. After scanning both the nuclear reactor and ion crystals, can we have a schematic that uses a single ion crystal to make four ion reactor rods? A nuclear reactor would have to have 4 rods to work, and a base would have infinite energy. This means each base would need an ion crystal to make infinite energy, but I don't know if that is too overpowered at that stage in the game.

Comments

• Julian1337331nailuJJulian1337331nailuJ The Grand Reef Gubtorial Election Or Something. Join Date: 2016-11-12 Member: 223824Members
    Make It Only Avalable At The End Stage Of The Game. Or Have It Used For The Rocket. Or Both.
  • Julian1337331nailuJJulian1337331nailuJ The Grand Reef Gubtorial Election Or Something. Join Date: 2016-11-12 Member: 223824Members
    Make It Only Avalable At The End Stage Of The Game. Or Have It Used For The Rocket. Or Both.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    I'd say make it so you have to craft a (much more expensive) Ion Cyrstal prototype reactor.
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    Maybe if you made it so that it was as hard to make, or takes as long to make, as the rocket, so that this is really really end-game tier.

I'd like this sort of thing to be a little precursor cube that you attach to your already existing nuclear reactor. It can fit in your hand and has four shafts running through it in a square on the top. You attach the cube below the information panel on the reactor and slide those Ion rods into the shaft. The screen turns from blue to green and so does the reactor, and boom, you'e got infinite energy.
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    Definitely OP, but as endgame stuff it's harmless. Only thing that could go bad is if people feel bs'ed by it like the horse call in Twilight Princess.
  • CAPSHAWCAPSHAW Nevada Join Date: 2016-09-29 Member: 222692Members
    edited December 2016
    I'm playing on the Xbox One version, which has almost zero Precursor elements in it, so I'm not sure how easy these crystals are to come by. I was assuming they were incredibly rare. That why I think it'd be nice to make super expensive rods. I feel like that is easier than building another reactor. Maybe if there was a way to limit stuff, that would help. I don't understand why there aren't items in the game yet that only one or two exist of. What if the kid from the Degasi made four of them, you find them in one of the underwater bases, and that's all you get? When you take one out of the reactor, al four leave and you have a 2x2 inventory slot for the four reactor rods as one item?