Missing Degasi crew data

DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
Something that's been irking me for ages (and I only just realized could be solved) is the artificial silence on the Degasi crew that didn't survive the initial impact. While it is odd the survivors don't ever talk about them, I can rationalize it with Maida being an outsider, Baat having limited personal contacted, and Paal being an arrogant sack who only cares about himself and his son.

Where it gets artificial is with the data downloads you acquire on the rescue mission; those files on the people to be rescued. You conveniently only find files on the survivors but nothing on the not-survivors, even though it's not like anyone knew what had happened to the Degasi crew. I'd like to have files on Paal's entourage too if that's not too hard to implement.

Comments

• ComicalSkateComicalSkate Canada, ON Join Date: 2015-05-28 Member: 204993Members
    That's a fair point...

While I imagine just having Paal and Baat on the data for the rescue since they are important figures, but why Maida?
    Maybe Maida was an important figure in the Mongolian military at one point and the Mongolians requested her rescue to be a focus as well? Maybe at some time she just went rogue and decided to be a mercenary instead of being in the military after something happened? I just don't see any other reason for a low life mercenary to be considered a point of high priority for rescue.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    When the Aurora went down an SOS is sent and responded to... maybe the Degasi got off a message after impact, indicating who was left before contact was lost?
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    I was under the impression that the Degasi was a smaller vessel and only had Bart, Paul, and Marge onboard.

What I want to know is what Bart did after the shit in the Grand Reef and he returned back up to the floater island and did that "omg they don't want us here" message on his PDA.

Did he just an hero, or did he man up and try to survive on his own for a few years?

What happened to their Cyclops? We should find it wrecked somewhere.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    No, there was a PDA stating that the rest of his crew weren't as lucky.

here
  • CAPSHAWCAPSHAW Nevada Join Date: 2016-09-29 Member: 222692Members
    I'd believe the father not talking about it, but I think the rest of the crew should be mentioned a bit. What bugs me just as much is the fact that there are no entries from while they were in the lifepod. They didn't know they'd find land. They were out three weeks, right? They didn't leave anything behind in case they died and someone found their wreckage?
  • Sample_TextSample_Text Join Date: 2016-12-13 Member: 224913Members
    if they even had some sort of character to them i dont think they would write them in logs so everyone can see them