Can we dunk the new Subnautica logo under the waves just a bit? (see example YT clip)

0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
edited December 2016 in Ideas and Suggestions
Maybe get a nice diffraction effect going on? The YouTube clip gives an excellent example, maybe someone could shop the Subnautica logo pic and post it here to see how it'd look at differnt submersion depths (I think probably just the bottom like 15% or so would be best, just guessing).

I dunno, just an idea, but if pulled off correctly, I think it'd look wicked cool (even more than it already is, that is).

mainmenu2.jpg

Comments

• Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    No idea how difficult that'd be, but I don't personally care if they do it or not. Seems cool anyway.

However, I have had an idea which might go against this: when you press "start game" I'd like the subnautica logo to drop under the water, then the loading screen and intro clip happens. A bit like in the early access trailer. I'm not sure if it'd work as well is the logo is partially submerged, but I guess we'll see.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited December 2016
    Hmm, I've been looking at the Subnautica logo for a bit now... To me, from a perspective point of view, the logo doesn't seem to be that huge floating logo on the water in the distance. Instead it kinda looks like a much smaller logo than suggested at a first glance, way up in the air and very close to us...

It looks weird, mostly because of the lack of shade and reflection on the water surface, but the actual perspective on the logo itself suggests distance... WTF YO!