Perception and First Person View

ResolutionBlazeResolutionBlaze The Dunes Join Date: 2016-04-06 Member: 215392Members
For some reason, things in Subnautica seem to be smaller than they really are... why?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aw2P2ViXnN0

Is it just me? Do things seem smaller than they really are?

If so, how can we fix this? Or is it something that even needs fixing?

Comments

• RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    edited November 2016
    Definitely not just you ;)
    http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/comment/2313337/

Does it need fixing? Not sure. Things could definitely look more intimidating/realistic if they did fix it....

How to fix it? I really don't know, I'm not knowledgeable enough on topics like this to chime in with my opinion XD
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    For some reason, things in Subnautica seem to be smaller than they really are... why?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aw2P2ViXnN0

Is it just me? Do things seem smaller than they really are?

If so, how can we fix this? Or is it something that even needs fixing?

In my opinion there's nothing to be fixed. I like having smaller (they're not small, just smaller than what they actually are) creatures that still pose a threat. They're at that goldilocks size, just in between "How am I supposed to be scared of this small little thing" and "Oh my god this is ridiculous".
  • FluffersFluffers United States Join Date: 2015-05-22 Member: 204749Members
    I'm not really sure how you can do it, because it's 100% a perspective thing. However in a lot of cases, it seems like the camera size is the entire size of the player, if you look at your body compared to a hole on the tree in the lost river your entire body could fit in the hole, but when you look at it in first person, it seems like you can only fit your face in.

I don't know if they could just, like, make the camera smaller, but I'd definitely like it if they tried a few different things to see how they look. I would absolutely kill to see subnautica in its actual size.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
  • ResolutionBlazeResolutionBlaze The Dunes Join Date: 2016-04-06 Member: 215392Members
    Fluffers wrote: »
    I'm not really sure how you can do it, because it's 100% a perspective thing. However in a lot of cases, it seems like the camera size is the entire size of the player, if you look at your body compared to a hole on the tree in the lost river your entire body could fit in the hole, but when you look at it in first person, it seems like you can only fit your face in.

I don't know if they could just, like, make the camera smaller, but I'd definitely like it if they tried a few different things to see how they look. I would absolutely kill to see subnautica in its actual size.

Definitely agree.

In fact, if they shrank the FoV, it would make Subnautica almost a whole new experience. Everything would FEEL like it's changed when in reality only one thing changed.