Underwhelmed by PRAWN

harrzackharrzack United States Join Date: 2016-09-11 Member: 222250Members
Guess this comment will bring lot of negatives, but after trying the PRAWN a bit, and after the amazing controlablity and flexibility of the Seamoth - I'm parking the PRAWN on a platform - maybe I can put a spotlight on it and give it some use...

Just MHO - but I'd much rather see advanced options for the Seamoth and have the PRAWN retired. Don't waste any more coding time on that dog!

With the 'moth and a Cyclops with good nav controls (button-controlled cams, instrument panel separate & independent from cams, etc) you have a killer combination that really needs nothing else.

Your mileage will certainly vary! :p

Comments

• TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    edited October 2016
    I've used it to explore the Inactive Lava Zone (And to scrape the Lava Larvae off my cyclops!) but little else other than occasional mining runs. Perhaps I just lack creativity.
  • AvimimusAvimimus Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214968Members
    My issue with the PRAWN is that it is over-powered... too useful and versatile.

So, I'd be of the opposite opinion: It needs stronger limitations added! :D Otherwise, why use anything else?
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    Prawn is awesome once you get the drill arm. Silver is no longer a rare resource, and can instead fill lockers. Prawn includes a storage area, and you can double it by adding a storage module (though further storage modules do nothing). Prawn also has stronger hull and deeper maximum depth. It lacks the speed and freedom of Seamoth, and a few other features, so both vehicles have their uses.
  • ShuryCZShuryCZ Czech Republic Join Date: 2015-07-07 Member: 206047Members
    I disagree on this subject. It's not so long since the PRAWN was introduced and IMO it is well integrated (considering there will be more changes coming). Of course, glitches and balance instability are expected at this point, as with other elements.

The gameplay transitions between Seamoth and PRAWN - you can use the Seamoth only so far and to progress in the future story, we're gonna use the PRAWN even more. If anything, the PRAWN is great for mining resources (silver!), which makes it useful enough by itself. I wouldn't call it "wasting coding time" at all.
  • FluffersFluffers United States Join Date: 2015-05-22 Member: 204749Members
    The grappling hook and the jump jet upgrade makes it crazy good for exploring places like the lava zones. As in, you'd be crazy to use anything else. Plus the drill arm can be used like a weapon, it does damage to hostile fish so you can clear your way with it.

The only downside to it is that if you don't have the grapple hook, and you fall down a trench/ hole/ off the side of the damn map, you're pretty much doomed and might as well go ahead and kill yourself, it's the only way out.
  • FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    Propulsion Arm + Claw Arm + Metal Salvage == Stalker Teeth farming in easy mode.

Once you reach later game and the objectives and target areas change, the PRAWN becomes the much more useful/convenient choice over a Seamoth, especially as a Cyclops addition.
  • harrzackharrzack United States Join Date: 2016-09-11 Member: 222250Members
    Well - figured I'd be "boo'd" off the forum for that sage observation! :p I just have found the PRAWN so clunky to move around in. It would be easy to add similar capabilities to the Seamoth and have one less thing to manage. Guess I'll take it out of its parking spot and give it another go.
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    The PRAWN is somewhat mobility upgrade dependent (jump jet + grappling hook), but is the only vessel that allows true interaction with the environment. It's ideal for mid game to reach 200+ wrecks before you get the upgrades for the Seamoth (Dunes & Grand Reef. Did Mountains once without grappling hook too, but I don't recommend it) and then later again when you got to go deeper and more dangerous.

Plus, the PRAWN gives a completely different viewpoint experience than the other vessels, which may not be necessarily useful but supports the exploration/observation side of the game.
  • hugothesilverdragonhugothesilverdragon canad Join Date: 2015-11-30 Member: 209620Members
    it was built to mine your ship was a mining vessel
    I got the Seamoth Mk3 Depth thing - so I can go to 900 meters... Maybe I should have got the PRAWN first!
    ShuryCZ wrote: »
    I disagree on this subject. It's not so long since the PRAWN was introduced and IMO it is well integrated (considering there will be more changes coming). Of course, glitches and balance instability are expected at this point, as with other elements.

The gameplay transitions between Seamoth and PRAWN - you can use the Seamoth only so far and to progress in the future story, we're gonna use the PRAWN even more. If anything, the PRAWN is great for mining resources (silver!), which makes it useful enough by itself. I wouldn't call it "wasting coding time" at all.

Indeed.

Although one issue is the linear progression that appears in Subnautica...

It goes something like this:
    - Airtanks
    - Radiation suit
    - Your first base (storage etc.)
    - Seamoth
    - Cyclops & Seamoth
    - Cyclops & PRAWN

The need to build bases in different environments decreases once you have the cyclops
    A lot of environments cease being hazardous once you have the cyclops.
    A lot of deep environments open up once you have the PRAWN.
    Gameplay difficulty decreases once you have an advanced seabase (free water filtration, fishtanks/farming, powercell chargers)

This renders a lot of the gameplay irrelevant during later stages of the game, giving it a linear & progressive feel.

My own instinct would be to try to make the cyclops and PRAWN weaker, and to make the advanced base equipment more expensive (e.g. requiring more power and resources to build), as well as potentially making bases damageable by environmental hazards (storms or critters).
    Of course, I'd also add a refining system that'd make it possible to access large resources before the PRAWN (albeit much less efficiently), and would make it possible to be self-sufficient in different biomes (albeit much less efficiently) ...this would make it possible to vary the order of biome exploration more...
  • EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
    harrzack wrote: »
    I got the Seamoth Mk3 Depth thing - so I can go to 900 meters... Maybe I should have got the PRAWN first!

They use the same depth upgrade module, you can easily pop the depth upgrade out of the Seamoth and put it in the PRAWN.
  • EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
    edited October 2016
    .... that's not what i meant to do
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members
    edited October 2016
    Well - figured I'd be "boo'd" off the forum for that sage observation! :p I just have found the PRAWN so clunky to move around in. It would be easy to add similar capabilities to the Seamoth and have one less thing to manage. Guess I'll take it out of its parking spot and give it another go.

Don't worry, you're not the only one, but we're a huge minority. I actively avoid building the horrific abomination.

I have personal aesthetic reasons for not liking the PRAWN. I've never liked mechs or mech-like things; I don't really know what it is, but I suppose I find them lame. They're ugly, weird, and extremely unimpressive to me.

It might be an inherent prejudice in me; I can't stand Japanese anime culture and I strongly associate mechs with that. Oooh controversial.
  • Alrekr_IronhandAlrekr_Ironhand New Hampshire, US Join Date: 2016-03-22 Member: 214677Members
    Pardon me if I'm missing something, but ....

...how the heck do you turn the PRAWN's lights out? Short of just popping out the power cells?
  • Alrekr_IronhandAlrekr_Ironhand New Hampshire, US Join Date: 2016-03-22 Member: 214677Members
    OK, well, now I'm underwhelmed by the PRAWN too.
    • Can't turn the lights off to save its power, have to take the power cells out
    • Difficult to move around, have to be constantly hitting the thrusters
    • Sucks down power cells at a prodigious rate
    • Can't access either the suit's inventory or your own from inside the suit, meaning you've got to exit the suit even just to take a drink of water
    • No way to mine, and pick up what you mined, and get out of deep holes/canyons without getting out of the suit to swap arms

I just built mining and grappling arms, a storage expansion and a hull armor module for mine, and in at least five or six times as long as it would have taken me in my Seamoth, managed to blunder my way over from my base in the shallows over towards the general vicinity of the Aurora. On the way I mined one large cluster of silver ("Oh, so that's what that is"), two chunks of lead ("Oh, so that's what that is") that I didn't bother picking up because after building a radiation suit I have no further use for lead, one chunk of copper ("Oh, so that's what that is, I expected that to be gold"), and a bunch of quartz. By this time I was down to 60% power, so I turned around and started trying to head back, which was when the reaper showed up and in two separate attacks thrashed my suit down to 28%. The exosuit was too slow and unwieldy to evade it. I found a safe (I thought) corner between some rocks, got out, and had just finished welding up the exosuit when the reaper came back and showed that by clipping through the ground he could indeed get into that corner, stole my newly repaired suit, ran off with it and left it floating in mid-water about a hundred meters away. I swam about halfway to it before he came back again and destroyed it. Fortunately I was only in about 140 meters of water and the surface was within reach.

I wasn't very happy about this, having only got maybe a tenth of the materials with the suit that it cost to build it, and having gotten to punch a reaper in the face a few times with the mining arm wasn't much consolation. I could have put those same materials to better use elsewhere.

So, no, not very impressed with the exosuit. At its present state of usefulness and functionality, I can't say I'm very inclined right now to bother building another one. The only place I know about so far that it could presumably get into that I can't get into with a Seamoth is the vicinity of the lava fortress, and the drop-offs into that area are high enough that while I imagine I could get in, I don't see how I'd ever get out again.

(Which reminds me, is the exosuit supposed to be able to dock in the Cyclops? I couldn't get it to do so. Maybe I wasn't managing to get close enough. The bay doors would open, but I couldn't get the suit inside.)

How I'd make a start on fixing it:
    • Needs a way to turn the lights off when not using them, to save power. Dear gods does it need to save power. I swear it uses more power, faster, than the Cyclops does. And why does it take uranium to build it, when it runs off power cells? That makes no sense.
    • Access my and the suit's inventory from inside the sub. Or at the very least be able to see how full the suit's inventory is and what's going into it.
    • No, really. Access my own inventory from inside the suit. (The Seamoth too, please. This is long overdue. Having to exit either just to take a drink of water is absurd.)
    • Have the drill arm automatically retrieve what it mines. Otherwise you end up in a "need three arms at once" situation where you're constantly hopping in and out of the suit every couple of minutes to swap arms.
    • Still can't identify nodules from inside the suit. (Large or small.) Come on, it's a specialized mining suit. Why can't it do that?
    • Like all of the other vehicles in the game, it needs a map display so that you know where you are. At least with the Seamoth you can head towards the surface until you can see around a bit and figure out where you are. In the exosuit you're reduced to looking desperately around you and shouting "Where the <expletive> am I?!?" Seriously, an interstellar civilization hasn't mastered map-as-you-go? I wasn't even trying to head towards the Aurora. I intended to head generally towards the Grand Reef.
    • The exosuit is helpless if a reaper shows up. It needs some defense that will deter a Reaper. Punching one in the face with the drill arm clearly doesn't cut much ice. Maybe a repulsion cannon arm? ...Uh-oh. Now it needs FOUR arms at once. A reaper's not going to wait while you hop out and swap arms. "'Scuse me a minute, Mr. Reaper, just need to read the instruction book again."
    • Actually, why not four arms...?
    @Alrekr_Ironhand: I don't rejoice in your "pain" - but glad to see somebody else has noticed that "the emperor has no cloths"!

I've been dutifully giving the PRAWN a go, and still find it quite a clunky vehicle. And still not really anxious to use it. After the swift and nimble Seamoth, all the gyrations one has to go through to use the PRAWN seems... duh?

This IS a software generated world - and anything is possible! SO - couldn't there be upgrades to the Seamoth to give it some of the capabilities of the PRAWN? There could be an "equipment rack" or panel that could be added to the front of the 'moth to support the drill and other cool goodies of the PRAWN. A MK4 depth addon can take us deeper - would we need a MK5?

The PRAWN seems like a tacked-on feature to give some variety to the vehicles of the game - and I'm not really seeing any utility in the concept itself. Given the power of the Cyclops/Seamoth combination and the ability to create add-on's (the Dev's ARE God, afterall...) to increase and manage capabilities, the PRAWN seems to bring little advantage to the table.

To wit: going from simple swimmng to Seaglide - def step forward. Then from Seaglide to Seamoth - huge step up/forward. Then bring in the Cyclops with its 'nest' for the Seamoth, and the mobile base concept springs to life! A logical progression... Then comes the PRAWN... ummm... - seems like evolution took a step backwards!

One of the things that grabbed me right away with Subnautica was the fluid (!) way one moves around even with just swimming and the Seaglide. Then when I got the Seamoth - YEOW :p My undersea hotrod/sports car!

With the PRAWN, you take a step backwards in general mobility and nimbleness - for what? The Seamoth could be given all those capbilities without the need for a third vehicle to maintain and learn.

To gain the capabilities of an advanced Seamoth should take skill, work and time in the game. Not to be a "give-away" or make things too easy. I'd really like to see the PRAWN deprecated, and go the way of the Dodo - and it's capabilities blended in to a "Super-Seamoth"!
  • ThosarThosar Join Date: 2016-08-14 Member: 221302Members
    Well... I don't really think of the PRAWN as an upgrade. It's not. It's a different vehicle, with a different purpose. Seamoth scouts, PRAWN mines and endures harsher conditions.

The basic claw arm can get a reaper to let you go relatively quickly, and the claw and drill combo does allow you to collect while mining.

The grappling hook greatly increases the mobility of the PRAWN, and going out to swap out arms isn't a huge hassle, and it does make sense to have to get outside to change them, you go between mobility mode and mining mode. (And spider manning around the Lost River and ILZ is super fun).

Where I agree with you is personal inventory access. That needs to be a thing in the seamoth and PRAWN.

And while it does break the immersion a bit, I definitely disagree that mapping needs to be a thing in vehicles. The compass tells you just enough to keep you from getting hopelessly lost, if you pay attention to it. A map would just be too much, take away too much of the challenge of the survival aspect.

Just my opinions. I know people will disagree.

Side note: I have had a lot more fun avoiding building a Cyclops in my latest game. Cyclops makes survival too easy. It houses plants and removes the need to build bases. I had much more fun with a small power station in the shallows, and a few larger bases out in various biomes. It meant one of my vehicles was parked at the power station which I always eventually made my way back to, to swap vehicles if I needed to go somewhere different, or have more carrying capacity (seamoth), or go mine something.
    @Thosar: I wasn't suggesting a MAP in the vehicles - but COORDINATES! They are just a slightly more detailed bit of info: WHERE you are in addition to what DIRECTION you are heading.

I think coordinates have a bad name as since they are NOT currently in the game the only way you can use them is to turn on the debug console. Since it isn't always on I think it may tend to get used only when somebody is going to coordinates they have acquired outside the game - which while not necessarily 'cheating' is a tad less than 'pure'... LOL!

BTW - do like your idea of skipping the Cyclops - but still think a 'Super-Seamoth' could be easily built that would have the capabilities of the PRAWN without the need for a 3rd vehicle. Just MHO!

Thosar wrote: »
    [SNIP]

And while it does break the immersion a bit, I definitely disagree that mapping needs to be a thing in vehicles. The compass tells you just enough to keep you from getting hopelessly lost, if you pay attention to it. A map would just be too much, take away too much of the challenge of the survival aspect.

• SilveressaSilveressa USA Join Date: 2015-03-18 Member: 202279Members
    [*] Can't turn the lights off to save its power, have to take the power cells out

Unless this recently changed, the Prawns lights don't use any of the power cells energy (similar to the Cyclops lights being energy free.)

I've left mine parked next to my sea base for days at a stretch between mining excursions and still had 100% power in the cells upon my return.
    The basic claw arm can get a reaper to let you go relatively quickly,

...If you have it equipped. You can't get out to swap arms in the middle of a reaper attack. Which brings us back squarely to the "You need more arms than there are arm slots" problem.
    edited October 2016

You've still got to explore and chart it all in the first place. I completely disagree that it breaks immersion in any way. If the captain of ANY existing marine vessel put to sea without charts he'd be drawn up on charges for gross negligence and probably lose his master's ticket.

There clearly is some kind of mapping/coordinate system already assumed in the game technology. One word: Signals. When you can get a "signal" to a heat signature or a "large organic mass" and be able to track in your HUD not only the exact bearing to it but the exact distance to it down to the meter, something in your equipment clearly knows not only exactly where the signal is originating from, but where you are. What breaks immersion for me is being UNABLE to access that obviously-must-already-exist information in the form of a chart of some kind. As I've said before, it is simply not plausible that a star-faring civilization has not mastered, at a basic-commodity-device level, the art of building a map as you go.

Lest there be any confusion, I am absolutely not arguing that you should start out with a completed or even partly-filled map. Or that there should be an always-on minimap in your HUD. In fact, I would argue in favor of removing the mini-chartlet from the Seaglide. It doesn't belong there. The Seaglide isn't even a vehicle, it's a dumb hand-held electric thruster with a built-in floodlight. It's got no business displaying even a local short-range chart. But if even something as crude and rock-dumb as the Seaglide can dynamically chart as it goes, even if it can't store the resulting charts, then it just totally breaks suspension of disbelief that the Seamoth is unable to do so — let alone the Cyclops.

A map/chart should be available only in vehicles, and should be blank until you've explored an area in a vehicle. Your chart should show only what you have actually seen and explored first-hand, with the exception of detected signals (which should show only as a point signal source until you go and explore that area yourself). Remote mapping drones could be an eventual option, though. Perhaps a mapping-drone torpedo for the Seamoth's torpedo bay.

(Speaking of which, the Seamoth torpedo bay upgrade really needs some way to select what type of torpedo you want to fire when carrying a mixed load. Otherwise, the more types of torpedo there are, the more likely is is that the type ready to fire will not be the type you need right then. And you've very unlikely to have time to jump out of your Seamoth and reload the torpedo bay.)

Relatedly, the scanner room really doesn't work for me as a game mechanism. It's too limited in range, too little, too late. It just doesn't do enough compared to what it should be able to do. Without any upgrades installed, I can almost see more, quicker and more easily, just by looking out a window. And by the time you've built a base anywhere with a scanner room attached, you've probably already harvested all significant deposits of anything useful within the range of the scanner room anyway.
  • SilveressaSilveressa USA Join Date: 2015-03-18 Member: 202279Members
    edited October 2016
    You've still got to explore and chart it all in the first place. I completely disagree that it breaks immersion in any way.

Lest there be any confusion, I am absolutely not arguing that you should start out with a map. Or that there should be an always-on minimap in your HUD. In fact, I would argue in favor of removing the mini-chartlet from the Seaglide. It doesn't belong. The Seaglide isn't an advanced vehicle, it's a dumb hand-held electric thruster with a built-in floodlight. It's got no business displaying even a local short-range chart. But if even something as crude and rock-dumb as the Seaglide can dynamically chart as it goes, even if it can't store the resulting charts, then it just totally breaks suspension of disbelief that the Seamoth is unable to do so — let alone the Cyclops.

I too would love to see some kind of in game map that you would need to chart yourself, especially with the ability make annotations to the map to mark wrecks you've already salvaged, wrecks you need to revisist with a cutting torch, etc.

While you can mark them with beacons, it makes the world a cluttered mess with dozens of buoys giving out signals all the time virtually everywhere you look.

Even if we lacked any sort of normal navigational capability, just setting up two or three beacons at marked locations (say the aurora, the southern island and the northern one) would allow you to easily triangulate your position between the three signals and therefore accurately navigate on a map of some kind.
    I completely disagree that it breaks immersion in any way. If the captain of ANY existing marine vessel put to sea without charts he'd be drawn up on charges for gross negligence and probably lose his master's ticket.

Which is why I said not having any map in vehicles breaks immersion. Sorry for the confusion.
    @Thosar: I wasn't suggesting a MAP in the vehicles - but COORDINATES! They are just a slightly more detailed bit of info: WHERE you are in addition to what DIRECTION you are heading.

Coordinates are even more powerful than a map. They tell you exactly where you are, exactly how far away something is, and exactly what direction. If a place is important enough that you need to know exactly where it is, place a beacon.

(I do agree that beacons can get cluttered though, and an on/off switch for showing them would be nice).
    The basic claw arm can get a reaper to let you go relatively quickly,

...If you have it equipped. You can't get out to swap arms in the middle of a reaper attack. Which brings us back squarely to the "You need more arms than there are arm slots" problem.

Yeah but if you don't have the claw arm equipped, and you don't have the mining arm equipped (which will also get the reaper to let you go, just not quite as fast), then you've got some combination of a torpedo arm, a grappling arm, and a propulsion arm. The worst case is grappling plus propulsion or dual grappling (I can't imagine you're using dual propulsion for anything). You then have no offense while being carried, but you can get away quickly with the grappling arm as soon as it lets you go.

I honestly never use propulsion or torpedo arms. The basic claw is too useful, offense and picking things up. So the question I have for you I guess is... What combination are you hanging around in reaper areas with, that you can't beat on them while they carry you, and also can't get away immediately after the first attack?
  • ookasmcplookusookasmcplookus Join Date: 2016-10-22 Member: 223300Members
    Just going to copy paste this across to here. 4, 7, 8, 11 and 12 are particularly relevant to mobility. 3rd paragraph of 9 might also be part of a solution to the whole mapping debate.

I interpret the prawn suit as your end game solution for mobility (small size, maneuverability, dual grappling arm) safety (hull strength superior to sea moth, offensive abilities superior to sea moth), scavenging (extra inventory available, drill arms) and cave/deep exploration (lights, furthest depth limit, grappling arms and walking/jumping movement suitable for cave environments, ability to restore power through heat vents)

This vehicle is likely going to be the most difficult to implement my suggestions for. I will add more later.

1 - [cumulative storage inventory, storage access inside vehicle]
    This applies to the sea moth and prawn suit; if you ever intend to allow more than 1 upgrade being useful for the prawn suit please continue to make the storage modules contribute to one cumulative inventory, rather than multiple separate ones, and allow access to that storage space from any of the compartments that are attached externally to the vehicle's hull, as well as by hitting tab (PDA) while inside the vehicle. I understand this may not be as realistic as the current set up, but it's a game and the current set up is more of an annoyance then an addition to game play.

2 - [PDA access inside vehicle, alluded to in suggestion 1]
    This applies to the sea moth and prawn suit; please make it possible to interact with your PDA / the inventory while piloting. It allows you to have something to do while your oxygen replenishes or when you are on your way to a beacon etc

3 - [an extra upgrade slot specifically for pressure compensator]
    This applies to the sea moth and prawn suit; please provide a separate slot or external compartment for installing the mk 1,2 or 3 pressure compensator upgrade. The main reason for this is the pressure compensator and the capability it grants to descend deeper feels integral to the progression of the game and therefore the vehicle. It is unlikely a player with this upgrade will find themselves ever switching it out, because at the point in the game where they have acquired it, it's likely they are only going to be looking to go deeper. There is no sense in taking it out for thermal charging if you can't actually dive down to reach the thermal vents; no sense in putting an inventory slot for gathering if you are looking to go to the depths which are still bountiful in resources or the only place that contains the resource you need; not much sense using the jump jets in its place because there purpose is to increase maneuverability yet having the pressure compensator now removed means you are in range of the most maneuverable vehicle in the game... essentially what i am getting at is that what ever you put in to replace it is almost rendered useless because you can no longer go to where that replacing upgrade would be useful. The other upgrades seem like optional bonuses that allow you to slightly tweak your prawn suit for either gathering, exploration, or damage resistance. The pressure compensator is far more mandatory, I don't see it as an optional upgrade.

4 - [all arms available]
    Choosing for the 4 upgrades makes sense, it forces the player to decide what bonuses to give their vehicle before deploying and what they are likely to be doing on that deployment, both the sea moth and prawn suit do it. Making the player also have to choose their arms, have to choose the actual function of the prawn suit is a bit much: want to move around? go dual grappling arms, found a rock to mine? dual drills, or maybe 1 drill and 1 grapple will work, want to pick up the rock you mined? mm um, oh you also want to move things around? and now a sea dragon is having its way with you and you can't defend yourself? that does seem like a problem. Swapping out arms every time you encounter a different need is an annoyance, having to carry them around taking up inventory space is a burden that the sea moth does not have. I suggest providing the player with 10 purple squares in the upgrade UI. The player can build and add arms to the slots which then grants the player access to that type of arm for the upgraded arm. To swap arm type while piloting hold 1-5 then left click to swap out the left, hold 1-5 then right click for the right arm, it should also allow both to be changed at the same time by clicking left and right mouse while holding 1-5. This will allow a player to spider-man through a cave, double drill a resource deposit, pick up the resources, move barriers, and fend off aggressive fauna without having to get out of suit every single time and go through menus. This will also help with many of the following suggestions.

5 - [default claws: allow the to interact with things, IF Tools suggestion 1 is implemented; give welding ability]
    Please make the default claws essentially function like the players bare hands; flick switches, pick up PDAs, access upgrade panels etc. This is largely based on Tools suggestion 1 and providing a vehicle capable of everything a player is usually capable of outside a vehicle, however, it would still be a nice QOL thing.

IF Tool suggestion 1 is implemented please give the default claws the ability to weld. I envision the animation for this as the 3 claw tips converging at a point from which the welding light appears. The default keybinding for this could be q (yes having 2 arms equipped will double the speed). It may be worth considering adding this regardless of Tool suggestion 1 as it could enable the addition of extreme depth alien structures that act as a continuation of the wrecks game play mechanic into the end game. Also, this could just be added to the current game as a means of progressing the players capabilities beyond the starting tools (faster repairs, larger energy pool, recharging more streamline than seeking out / building a battery charger).

6 - [propulsion cannon arm: IF Tools suggestion 1 is implemented; give base building ability]
    IF Tools suggestion 1 is implemented, please give the propulsion cannon the ability to access the base building menu and build base pieces. It would also need to remove base pieces but I still think q can be used as keybinding for both operations. It would have to be contextually sensitive, if the player is looking at a base piece and within range such that the deconstruct prompt appears, q will deconstruct the base piece; otherwise, q will open the base building menu from which the player can select a piece as normal, then build the piece by holding down the mouse button associated to the arm/s equipped with propulsion cannon. (yes, having 2 arms equipped will double the speed). It may be worth considering adding this regardless of Tool suggestion 1 as it could enable the addition of extreme depth alien structures that act as a continuation of the wrecks game play mechanic into the end game. Also, this could just be added to the current game as a means of progressing the players capabilities beyond the starting tools (faster building, larger inventory space to pool resources from, larger energy pool, recharging more streamline than seeking out / building a battery charger).

7 - [grappling arm: increase speed and distance of grapple, reduce cool down, IF tools suggestion 1 is implemented; give lazer cutter ability]
    Please make the grappling mechanism extend further and at a greater speed. If the prawn suit is to become the vehicle of choice for traversing those deep sea cave systems, it needs to be able to spider-man with the grappling arms far better than it currently does. I suspect the slow speed of the grappling wire extending is for aesthetic purposes? If so, perhaps have it speed up exponentially. This way the player gets to look at the cool animation, but by the time the grapple has extended past a distance that appreciation of the animation is no longer practicable; the thing will be moving fast enough for the player not to have to wait 10 seconds for it to connect to a wall. I feel like it should take no more than a second for the grapple to connect to a surface, even with the extended range I am about to get into. I think the length of the wire should be at least capable of reaching the roof of the sea trader path cave from the floor of it. The grappling arm should accelerate the prawn suit rapidly at first but tone it down the longer it is attached to a wall or roof; this should enable the suit to start moving quickly towards where the player just shot, possibly avoiding colliding with the wall / roof they were heading to, then due to the reduced pull of the wire the suit should swing through past the point the grapple made contact enabling the next shot to be lined up (I do however think something like this might already be the case). The cool down should also be reduced if not removed. Again, basically what I am trying to achieve here is being able to spider man through the large cave systems that the prawn suit will typically be used in at a better capacity than what is currently possible. I'm not sure this was even an intended use for dual grappling arms which may be why they don't seem very well designed for it, but they should be adjusted with this use in mind. To me this is the system of movement that the prawn suit has access to that the sea moth doesn't, and it should make it superior to the sea moth in terms of maneuverability when traveling through caves and canyons which is exactly the environment the prawn suit will be used in since pretty much all areas below 900m aside from the void are large cave systems.

IF Tools suggestion 1 is implemented, please give the grappling arm the ability the lazer cutter has. I envision the animation for this being the grapple getting shot towards the surface that is to be removed, puncturing the surface, sending some kind of energy pulse up through the grapple wire and across the surface to weaken it etc (this could possibly be timed, to allow 2 grapple arms to be faster and energy to be consumed much like normal laser cutting), then retracting back pulling the surface away with it (ie, ripping a door off its hinges). The default keybinding for this function could be q. I suggest a specific button rather than tearing down appropriate surfaces the grapple makes contact with by normal grapple activation, just in case the player actually wanted to use the surface to move with. For instance, maybe in the active lava zone the player can try to pull down parts of the ceiling onto the sea dragon to damage it like the fight against gohma in zelda: wind waker; this would require them to be able to differentiate between when they want to use the cieling to move and when they want to bring it down. It may be worth considering adding this regardless of Tool suggestion 1 as it could enable the addition of extreme depth alien structures that act as a continuation of the wrecks game play mechanic into the end game. Also, this could just be added to the current game as a means of progressing the players capabilities beyond the starting tools (faster / bigger door detachments, larger energy pool, recharging more streamline than seeking out / building a battery charger).

8 - [drill arm: capable of getting the suit unstuck]
    This may be tricky, but please allow the drill to make the suit essentially no clip through terrain that is above the prawn suit (I am aware you are removing terraforming which is why I am not suggesting this instead). The way I see this happening is the player has to have one arm equipped as the drill and the other as the grappling hook. If the game detects the grappling hook is stuck into a wall more than some distance (maybe 20-30m) away from the prawn suit, the suit is not moving, and the drill arm is active; then the suit goes into no clip mode, only for terrain above it, which should allow it to pass through the terrain it was getting stuck on and move out into open space without falling through the floor. Essentially the condition should indicate the grapple is in a wall opposite the entrance of the tunnel the player tried to enter but got stuck in. I have found trying to enter tunnels with the prawn suit will allow you to enter a few meters, make you realize it is too narrow to go further, but for whatever reason it suddenly becomes too narrow for you to exit as well, so you end up stuck. Hopefully a mechanism like this will allow the player to use the drill and grapple arm combo as a kind of winch to pull the suit out of the terrain it is lodged in.

9 - [Torpedo arm: increase torpedo storage, IF P.R.A.W.N suit suggestion 4 is implemented; storage of torpedoes separate to arm, IF Tools suggestion 1 is implemented; ability to launch scanner probes]
    The prawn suit is suppose to be superior to the sea moth for combat so that it can counter sea dragons. It can certainly fire quite rapidly, but this is even more reason to bring its torpedo storage capacity inline with the potential of the sea moth by doubling the space each arm has. I would even go so far as to suggest each arm has 2 storage compartments with double the current capacity, for a total of quadruple the current capacity. The prawn suit can churn out torpedoes very quickly and so you very quickly end up with no more torpedoes left. I would, in a similar manner to normal storage and the way the sea moths torpedo storage works; suggest being able to access 1 cumulative storage inventory from either of the arms, or from inside the vehicle. This can be achieved by having tab open up torpedo storage when at least one torpedo arm is equipped and normal storage otherwise.

IF P.R.A.W.N suit suggestion 4 is implemented, please consider adding another compartment to the prawn suit in which torpedoes are stored. Having the ability to swap out arms would mean getting into the suit to swap to the right arm to then be able to access the torpedo storage. This would likely be a pain if the player just has it docked in a moon pool and decides to reload the torpedoes but the suit doesn't have a torpedo arm currently active. Also it would hopefully prevent issues of torpedoes disappearing and such when the player is swapping arms around effecting the accumulative torpedo storage.

IF Tools suggestion 1 is implemented, please give the torpedo arm the ability to launch scanner probes something like the ones from this scene of prometheus. I don't really expect them to move around, in fact they probably shouldn't. By holding q for different lengths of time before releasing, the player will determine how far the drone will be shot. They should, when launched, move off to where they were shot but continue to slow down until they stop and then stay still. They would provide 2 functions, the first is essentially the same as the sea moth sonar, but probably with a larger range considering they won't be moving with the suit. While inside the suit the terrain will be highlighted within the range of the drone/s, allowing the player to more easily navigate the cave networks both due to being more easily able to spot tunnels and openings, but more precisely being able to locate walls, roofs and other terrain features to grapple onto while doing the spider man thing. The drone's second function would be to act as the prawn suit's version of a scanner. If upon stopping, the drone is within a small range of a fragment, as well as the piloted prawn suit, it will begin to scan the fragment. I think a maximum of 15 - 20 being active at any time should be appropriate. If more are spawned the oldest one disappears. It may be worth considering adding this regardless of Tool suggestion 1 as it could enable the addition of extreme depth alien structures that act as a continuation of the wrecks game play mechanic into the end game. Also, this could just be added to the current game as a means of progressing the players capabilities beyond the starting tools (faster scanning, larger energy pool, recharging more streamline than seeking out / building a battery charger).

10 - [fold up legs]
    Please allow the prawn suit legs to fold up. My guess as to how this folded up state would look is the legs running perpendicular to the height of the cockpit. This is to try prevent them dangling out of the moon pool when docked and taking up so much space in the cyclops passage way when docked.

11 - [allow crouching and then perhaps navigation on wheels or slow speed sea moth like movement]
    Perhaps in combination with suggestion 10 above, allow the prawn suit to crouch so that it can more easily navigate the tunnels of the cave systems it is meant to be used in. In my experience it is constantly getting stuck or having to be shimmied through difficult sections of tunnel. If the legs are able to go perpendicular to its height, maybe consider adding tracks / wheels or better yet thrusters to the shins (assuming these would point downward when collapsed). Tracks or wheels would allow it to role around in tunnels without bumping its head since the size of the prawn suit would be close to the sea moth's if it didn't have the legs giving it so much height. If thruster were used instead it could essentially be given the ability to move around like the sea moth; just at a reduced speed so that it doesn't then become a better option than the sea moth for open ocean. The ability to do this could be another optional upgrade so that toggling it on would be a matter of selecting it with 1-4 to highlight the relevant slot with blue then turning it off would be a matter of selecting the same 1- 4 (the icon goes from blue back to grey if it is selected again). I think a system like this would allow the prawn suit to toggle between this mode and normal walking without relying on any clicking that would be incompatible with the arms.

12 - [no clip with small objects]
    Please make the prawn suit pass through small objects on the ground like rock outcrops, small plants etc. Getting stuck on a bit of rock in a mech suit makes no sense and is annoying when moving across the floor.
    My big prob with the PRAWN is getting it to and from locations where it can be use. It has to be taken in the Cyclops and DROPPED into play. And then it is a PITA to get back in the Cyclops. A "Super Seamoth" could have all the abilities of the PRAWN, and be independently mobile.