Build 308 Now Live on Steam! - Natural Selection 2

2»

Comments

• MoFo1MoFo1 United States Join Date: 2014-07-25 Member: 197612Members
    Nordic wrote: »
    What if I prefer minimal?

Who isn't going to prefer minimal when it gives such a huge advantage over maximum?
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I mean I visually prefer minimal over maximum.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    MoFo1 wrote: »
    The problem with minimal vs maximum infestation is that choosing maximum puts you at a severe disadvantage against anyone running minimal.

Removing minimal infestation altogether might be something that could improve NS2, but ONLY if it's

a) After the x64 bit update
    b) Has the exact same performance as minimal
    c) Is "fixed" so that important locations (such as vent openings) never get covered...

The big thing is having performance for maximum be EXACTLY the same as minimal. (if that's even possible)

Also... >_>

Serverside location, adding more data in that pipeline. Cause right now everyone sees something different with the clientside blobs
  • .trixX..trixX. Budapest Join Date: 2007-10-11 Member: 62605Members
    edited September 2016
    Nordic wrote: »
    What if I prefer minimal?

Then ours is a bad preference, and we should feel bad x)

But srsly, I'd hate if max infestation was forced on me....
  • alsteralster Join Date: 2003-08-06 Member: 19124Members
    Because everyone should be forced to play the way UW wanted us to play? If everyone playing counterstrike plays with instant respawn on like COD does that make it right? Or should we all play the game the way developers intended? In the end it confuses the new players.
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    alster wrote: »
    Because everyone should be forced to play the way UW wanted us to play? If everyone playing counterstrike plays with instant respawn on like COD does that make it right? Or should we all play the game the way developers intended? In the end it confuses the new players.

You're totally missing the point.