Rookie Only Servers - Any Rules?

ball2hiball2hi Join Date: 2012-10-22 Member: 163128Members
I am curious if there are any rules behind being listed as Rookie Only in the server list?

A friend of mine is starting to play NS2 and joined a Rookie Only server however there is a player with +1000 hours currently playing and basically stomping the other players. Apparently said player owns the server and is thus allowed to enter the Rookie Only server. Are server operators allowed to do this?

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited August 2016
    ball2hi wrote: »
    I am curious if there are any rules behind being listed as Rookie Only in the server list?

A friend of mine is starting to play NS2 and joined a Rookie Only server however there is a player with +1000 hours currently playing and basically stomping the other players. Apparently said player owns the server and is thus allowed to enter the Rookie Only server. Are server operators allowed to do this?

No they are clearly not allowed to do that. Technically we just can't stop server operator from doing whatever they like to do. Please pm me more details about given server and I'll make sure it gets taken of the hive white list (and will no longer count as ranked server)
  • ball2hiball2hi Join Date: 2012-10-22 Member: 163128Members
    No they are clearly not allowed to do that. Technically we just can't stop server operator from doing whatever they like to do. Please pm me more details about given server and I'll make sure it gets taken of the hive white listed (and will no longer count as ranked server)

Alright, thank you for the information. Unfortunately I didn't save any information on said server, but if he comes across it again I will mention it to you.