Increase Gorge build limit

13»

Comments

• The_Welsh_WizardThe_Welsh_Wizard Join Date: 2013-09-10 Member: 188101Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Ixian wrote: »
    I'm not sure what exactly electrify entails, but the current ability powersurge, researched at the command chair, will give an attack speed debuff to any alien attacking the powersurged structure. It is quite expensive to research and use, but my god, it can and has turned games already.

Another example of a poorly thoughtout, extremey bad designed new ability. Thank God the damage got nerfed to 25, so nobody uses it anymore.
  • IxianIxian Denmark Join Date: 2014-03-16 Member: 194783Members, Squad Five Blue
    How would you design it?
  • The_Welsh_WizardThe_Welsh_Wizard Join Date: 2013-09-10 Member: 188101Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I would never implement an ability that allows a commander to directly deal damage or harm / debuff the enemy in any way.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    You can do things that debuff the enemy and it works just fine.. but I do concur regarding doing direct damage.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    In my experience power surge is almost non-existent. It's barely ever researched, even until late in the game; It's half as expensive as a2/w2, and almost as expensive as shotguns or AA, all of which you want to get as early as possible. It is *more* expensive than mines, which arguably do a better job defending.

This is a real shame, since this means power surging an obs for a beacon can save a game if you screwed up. (Personally, I prefer to keep an eye on the minimap and warn my team in time/not screw up. It's cheaper.)
  • MoFo1MoFo1 United States Join Date: 2014-07-25 Member: 197612Members
    Yeah power surge does seem fairly expensive to research. Especially since it's most useful in early game.

I think making it 10 Tres would be better. This makes it the same cost as mines, and potentially an alternative method of defending early game extractors/phasegates.

Of course this depends on how good it really is. It doesn't get enough use now to really gauge if it's too weak/strong.

• Bike_ManBike_Man USA Join Date: 2016-03-12 Member: 214124Members
    Anyone else played that mod with electrified extractors from a robotics factory? It essentially removed res biting from the game once the marines bought it for all of their extractors. Horribly done PvE, as it destroyed a central game mechanic. However, I would think that hydra refunds might be a good idea. It should encourage gorges to build and defend in relevant areas, instead of just never moving their three hydras that nobody comes across. And if they remove damaged hydras, then I suppose the refund could be only partial.
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    snb wrote: »
    Stardog wrote: »
    Reduce marine res tower HP and bring back electrify.

#RollBackToNS1

Electrify was probably the worst feature of NS1.

Cloaking, but electricity is a close second
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Electrify was great in NS1, so much Trolling. I mean a great way to defend your RT's :trollface:
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    MaxAmus wrote: »
    Electrify was great in NS1, so much Trolling. I mean a great way to defend your RT's :trollface:

Kind of, it just placed more emphasis on aliens to go Gorge and increased the importance of bilebomb even more, it was definitely a luxury/troll tactic as it was kind of expensive on those days and skulks with regeneration could still take it down, albeit take slightly longer.
  • umdum9umdum9 London ON. Join Date: 2015-01-24 Member: 201013Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    I remember the good old days of OC+DC stacks and turret farms all over the map, were some of the funnest rounds I played...

What does OC+DC mean?
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    umdum9 wrote: »
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    I remember the good old days of OC+DC stacks and turret farms all over the map, were some of the funnest rounds I played...

What does OC+DC mean?

Offense Chamber and Defense Chamber from Natural Selection 1, the closest things to compare them to are the Hydra(but with the size of a shift) and a Crag.