Would you say I have a plethora of ideas, Jefe

SiegeSiege Join Date: 2016-07-07 Member: 219769Members
edited July 2016 in Ideas and Suggestions
Loot/Salvage:
Cargo boxes: It would be neat if we could cut these open with the laser cutter and maybe find stuff inside.
Wrecks: Would also be neat if we could salvage raw materials from these. All that titanium and other material just sitting there and I have this laser cutter......
Industrial structure: oil rig type structure to drill for resources?

New Creature ideas:
Would like to see interesting creature behaviors/creatures interacting more. More symbiotic creatures.

dolphin like pods that swim around the surface
spidercrab urchin with dangling anemone like tentacles. Visits plantlife like butterflies visit flowers.
armored centipede with giant isopod head with grasping arms and lobster claws, spider like mandibles.
starfish with parrot beak mouth on top with chameleon like barbed, harpoon tongue that shoots out to grab prey.
Crossota Norvegica Jellyfish: Instead of tentacles they have dozens of legs and scuttle about the ocean floor.
small spiderlike creatures that live on the creepvine/blood kelp/floating stones
tubeworms living on the sandy ocean floor areas

Vehicle upgrades:
Terrain mapping while driving. Perhaps based on sonar data. Displayed on the HUD.
Glare from the Cyclops floodlights decreases illumination while driving. Not much help when using the bellycam. What about lights that point where the cameras on the Cyclops are pointing. Cyclops floodlights on the side should point away more. Bottom light needs to be angled down more for greater visibility of the seabed in front/below the Cyclops.
Light switches accessible from Cyclops HUD while driving.
Sonar mod for Cyclops.
Infrared/Ultraviolet vision modes
Depth/Temps/other relevant info displayed on the HUD. Also in camera mode.

Structures:
Cyclops Docking Bay. Something the the size of the Moonpool. Shape is a concave structure with arms that grab the Cyclops when it comes in to dock. Arms line it up with a hatch. Hatch connects to some sort of room that is located underneath or to one side of the concave surface which you can connect to the rest of your base. Lets you go from the Cyclops to the base without getting wet.

Habitat ideas:
Large multipurpose room the size/shape of the moonpool.
Small bedside nightstand.
Clean white trashcan similar to lab can. No open door, no bio hazard symbol.
Lab equipment: chemistry set, microscope, small fridge with clear sides/door with racks of vials inside.
Med Bay: patient beds, IV stand, MRI scanner.
Kitchen: stove/microwave, fridge(full size and mini), cabinet/counters
Fridge usable to store food.
Bathroom: shower, toilet, sink
Bunk beds

We have a picture frame. What about something similar to that in shape that is some kind of digital display/readout that can be added to walls. Also stand up workstations and a large circular work station area with various digital displays/panels that can be built in the middle of the multipurpose room?

Alternate alien containment: Instead of round and fitting the middle of the room what about a half cylinder that fits one side of a multipurpose room leaving the other half open.

Solar powered lights that float in place.

Exterior grow beds: Would like some larger sizes. Also the ability to drag and drop plants into specific slots of the bed to make it easier to arrange patterns and layouts of flora for decorative purposes
Interior grow beds: Would like to see one that is a narrow, rectangular shape about the size of the benches.

Power: Instead of power relays being some crystal looking thing shooting beams of energy what if they were more mechanical in nature and had to be connected by cables? Complete with blinking yellow caution lights.

Research:
Ability to use lab equipment to research new materials and blueprints to unlock new structures, components, upgrades, tools, and other items. Upgrades would include things like improved structural integrity of base components, improved efficiency of power sources, new tools and items, additional mod slots on vehicles, the above mentioned infrared/ultraviolet vision modes and terrain mapping, HUD upgrades. New minerals for advanced blueprints might come from lava or artic biomes or the dunes/mountains and/or Precursor bases.

Bioluminescent hulls/lighting for vehicles/flashlight/other light sources. Biolumiscent lighting would serve two purposes: visibility and defense. You'd have to choose...blue/green biolumiscence for better visibility or red making your vehicle harder to detect by predators.

Precursor technology: possibly salvaging alien tech to create new, hybrid tech to upgrade player tech. New appearance for base structures based on this.

Weather. Self explanatory. Storms on the surface. Rain, bigger waves, lightning, wind. Perhaps the occasional whirlpool?

Multiplayer: Would be fab. I know it's not in the works currently and would take some effort. Perhaps later down the road.

Minor gameplay issues:
Ladders: Hard to use when you have both up and down ladders in same spot. Narrow band to use the down option. Very large band for the up option. Makes it difficult to use.

Transparency of the PDA is distracting, especially when looking at screenshots. Sometimes it's hard to tell what's part of the screenshot and what's part of the terrain in front of me. Can something be done about this?

Can't rotate the Moonpool or foundations when trying to build them with the habitat tool.
Can't rotate chairs. Chairs should be facing away from the player for easier placement.
Diagonal/45 degree placement for base corridor structures allowing them to connect to multipurpose rooms at an angle.

Comments

• UncertainhavocUncertainhavoc Boulder Join Date: 2016-07-24 Member: 220630Members
    Currently you can find luggage, so maybe instead of being worthless they could have stuff inside them? There's also a bunch of cargo boxes around wreckage sites, so those would be interesting for loot boxes!
  • SiegeSiege Join Date: 2016-07-07 Member: 219769Members
    That's what I was thinking for cargo boxes. I was expecting to be able to pop them open and find stuff inside once I got the laser cutter. I was disappointed to find they're just for show.
  • DumaDuma Oklahoma Join Date: 2016-02-02 Member: 212475Members
    I've always thought that finding the "emergency" nutrient bars/water would be beneficial. Water obviously in the chests near Aurora, but never food items.

Plethora indeed. Good stuff.

Oh yes a razor! Our guy needs a shave.