NS2 and Subnautica = The Same Universe?

ResolutionBlazeResolutionBlaze The Dunes Join Date: 2016-04-06 Member: 215392Members
I just had a crazy idea that Subnautica and Natural Selection 2 are set in the same universe.

I don't know why. It just feels like they are or should be. I don't know which events occur first or if they are set in the same time, but several things tell me that:

A) They take deep inspiration from each other

or

B ) They are in the same universe.

First off is the Exosuit. Both games have and refer to their walkers as "Exosuits" except one is a military version and the other is for diving as far as we know.

Second; fabrication. Subnautica has a fabricator, and guess where soldiers respawn from in Natural Selection 2? 3D future printers that basically act the same as fabricators.

And Third: many devices in Natural Selection 2 look and act similarly to Subnautica's "inventory"

What do you guys think? I'm probably totally wrong but given these things I wouldn't doubt that they take inspiration from each other at the very least.

Comments

• scubamattscubamatt Georgia, USA Join Date: 2016-05-22 Member: 217295Members
    They are in the same universe. Alterra Arms Corporation owns the Aurora, and their logo is stamped on your knife. :)
  • jeje2124jeje2124 philipines Join Date: 2016-06-24 Member: 219002Members
    they even have a coupon of the aurora
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    Subnautic logic: our ship was owned by a weapons manufacturer, but:

"noo why would they have weapons the only possible reason for weapons to exist is to destroy the universe".
  • SmarterThanAllSmarterThanAll Holland Michigan Join Date: 2016-06-24 Member: 219021Members
    sayerulz wrote: »
    Subnautic logic: our ship was owned by a weapons manufacturer, but:

"noo why would they have weapons the only possible reason for weapons to exist is to destroy the universe".

Hahaha yeah UWE probably overlooked that with there anti-gun philosophy but oh well its pretty humorous being a gun owner myself.