The Epic Trello Thread

Comments

• CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
    Rezca wrote: »
    https://trello.com/c/0EqJI9RW/5731-multipurpose-room-shouldn-t-be-available-right-away

Oooh boy, that's reminding me of how I had to live with just corridors and etc for my base for a while when that bug popped up preventing certain components (Scanner Room, MultiPurpose, etc) from being built.
    I suppose it'd be converted into something we have to find and scan, perhaps the ones from the Floater Island bases like the Living Wall, Observatory, and so forth currently are.

Yep, I just noticed this one, too. No more 'easy' base building; the Devs want us to work more for our home(s).
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    https://trello.com/c/0EqJI9RW/5731-multipurpose-room-shouldn-t-be-available-right-away

Oooh boy, that's reminding me of how I had to live with just corridors and etc for my base for a while when that bug popped up preventing certain components (Scanner Room, MultiPurpose, etc) from being built.
    I suppose it'd be converted into something we have to find and scan, perhaps the ones from the Floater Island bases like the Living Wall, Observatory, and so forth currently are.

Gah ... yeah i feel you there! in the case of this game the MP room is the best invention since the wheel .... errr, since the corridors! :smiley:

Speaking of best inventions, when do we get our equivalent of duct tape in this game? ill take a 100 roller box plz :smiley:
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    edited June 2016
    Coranth wrote: »

Yep, I just noticed this one, too. No more 'easy' base building; the Devs want us to work more for our home(s).

Not that it's really that much work swimming to the Floater Island, scanning the stuff there, and then coming back with a tremendously powerful renewable food resource. Hanging Fruit and Marblemelon; even with their rotting fast, they're quite powerful!

The first thing I do after getting my Scanner is to head for the island. There's virtually no dangers along the way since you just stick to the ocean's surface, and it's right above the safest biome in the game to boot. Sure, there's some skittery jumping crabs on the island, but you can walk right by them as if they weren't even there.

It's still easy, just not something you get for free right after you get out of your lifepod for the first time. Of course, that's assuming they'll be scanned on the island and not say a random wreck or even the Mushroom Caves. Still, I appreciate having to do a little more footwork before you can really start base building :)
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    Im among those who strongly wish that when Official Release happens, they change the location of EVERYTHNG you can scan in the game. Pretty sure it'd be next to impossible to change the configuration of the map too, as its hand-designed and not randomly generated sadly cuz right now i know the map by heart and id love to feel lost when official release happens but im not holding too much on this thought tho

Like that everyone who played the game before will still need to re-discover where everything is, just like new players. Hopefully, they'll lower the nutritious value of all the fruits/plants as well, theyre way too OP in their current state as they almost completely negate the whole food/water needs
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    they're taking away the mp room? I hope its easy to get... a base without that... I guess I'm spoiled since I only got the game after those came out, but I can't imagine trying to get all the stuff into just corridors.
    Ralij wrote: »
    they're taking away the mp room? I hope its easy to get... a base without that... I guess I'm spoiled since I only got the game after those came out, but I can't imagine trying to get all the stuff into just corridors.

They're not 'taking it away'; you'll need to actually go out, 'find' a pre-built one, and scan it first before you can build your own--which makes sense.

They're not 'taking it away'; you'll need to actually go out, 'find' a pre-built one, and scan it first before you can build your own--which makes sense.

it counts as taking it away! :open_mouth: Practicing my drama lol. It does make sense and will definitely feel like a huge upgrade I'm sure! Which is really good I think, the only major upgrade I feel like there is for the seabase is the moonpool at the moment.
    edited June 2016

it counts as taking it away! :open_mouth: Practicing my drama lol. It does make sense and will definitely feel like a huge upgrade I'm sure! Which is really good I think, the only major upgrade I feel like there is for the seabase is the moonpool at the moment.

Speaking of the Moon Pool... the Exo-Suit doesn't look right when docked in there. I reckon they should make a more workshop-ish like room, or have the suit be lifted from the water onto some sort of stand, like the powered armor rack from Fallout 4.

What would actually make sense would be to take all the base-building part blueprints away from us from the beginning of the game, so that we have to find all the parts first before building a base. Why would the MP room blueprint be missing but not the diff corridor parts, lockers 'n all? the only Blueprint that makes sense to me to have when you first wake up in the lifepod is the Fabricator, medkit dispense, radio and the ladder since all those are with you in the lifepod to begin with.

Of course one could say that the PDA we have could be already pre-programmed with some other basic blueprints but seriously, why all the corridor parts but not the MP room? see where im going with this? :smiley:
    edited June 2016
    My theory is this:

1. Initial Crash; you're in your Lifepod; put out fire.
    2. Build 'basic essentials' Tank, Fins, Knife, Welder? (not Scanner as it will be in Lifepod Inv.)
    3. Repair Lifepod and Comm. Relay; you hear Radio Transmission about Island; signal is put into your Inventory; swim there.
    4. Here is where you get your initial basic Base Parts, from scanning the abandoned bases, grow beds, pots, cutting samples with knife. The more 'exotic' stuff (Moon Pool, Scanner) will, of course, be from broken parts in wrecks.
    5. Establish basic Base, then story continues from here...?

*** Here's a thought! What if the Devs included some incredible, unique "one-off" pieces of technology, rare and valuable, that could not be built, only found, and/or repaired, such as, you find a battered, beat up unique Seamoth, the rusted hulk of a Cyclops, or the Exosuit can't be built from blueprints, but you instead find it as damaged parts that you 'repair' via the Builder!
  • joni65joni65 Kansas Join Date: 2016-06-19 Member: 218763Members

Speaking of the Moon Pool... the Exo-Suit doesn't look right when docked in there. I reckon they should make a more workshop-ish like room, or have the suit be lifted from the water onto some sort of stand, like the powered armor rack from Fallout 4.
    Yes.
  • WaviestBow6WaviestBow6 Join Date: 2016-06-05 Member: 218131Members
    My theory is this:

2. Build 'basic essentials' Tank, Fins, Knife, Welder? (not Scanner as it will be in Lifepod Inv.)
    3. Repair Lifepod and Comm. Relay; you hear Radio Transmission about Island; signal is put into your Inventory; swim there.
    4. Here is where you get your initial basic Base Parts, from scanning the abandoned bases, grow beds, pots, cutting samples with knife. The more 'exotic' stuff (Moon Pool, Scanner) will, of course, be from broken parts in wrecks.

*** Here's a thought! What if the Devs included some incredible, unique "one-off" pieces of technology, rare and valuable, that could not be built, only found, and/or repaired, such as, you find a battered, beat up unique Seamoth, the rusted hulk of a Cyclops, or the Exosuit can't be built from blueprints, but you instead find it as damaged parts that you 'repair' via the Builder!

That would be awesome! But... What would happen if it got destroyed? Or would it be stationary and just be their for looks like the coffee machine or the duffel bag.
    edited June 2016
    My theory is this:

That would be awesome! But... What would happen if it got destroyed? Or would it be stationary and just be their for looks like the coffee machine or the duffel bag.

1. A unique decoration for your base: Awesome, you've found something special for your home.

2. A unique usable technology item: You don't let it get destroyed. If you do, then, tough, you've lost that unique tech and can't get it again without starting a new game--or not, you might find another random, unique piece of kit. Basically, you'd look after it!

It's like building the ordinary stuff... you don't let your Seamoth or Cyclops get destroyed, because they took time and effort to gather the materials to build, and then you customized and decorated them up, making them yours... A unique Seaglide, Seamoth, or Cyclops that could be a little faster, more power efficient, or have a unique colour scheme, a bit more storage... even more heart-wrenching to lose those!
    heart-wrenching and that much more frustrating when one of the islands eats it, forever reminding you of the event with the constantly blinking blip for a vehicle that isn't actually there.
  • WaviestBow6WaviestBow6 Join Date: 2016-06-05 Member: 218131Members
    My theory is this:

1. A unique decoration for your base: Awesome, you've found something special for your home.

2. A unique usable technology item: You don't let it get destroyed. If you do, then, tough, you've lost that unique tech and can't get it again without starting a new game--or not, you might find another random, unique piece of kit. Basically, you'd look after it!

It's like building the ordinary stuff... you don't let your Seamoth or Cyclops get destroyed, because they took time and effort to gather the materials to build, and then you customized and decorated them up, making them yours... A unique Seaglide, Seamoth, or Cyclops that could be a little faster, more power efficient, or have a unique colour scheme, a bit more storage... even more heart-wrenching to lose those!

Ya that makes sense :)
    edited June 2016
    Trello Bites:

https://trello.com/c/bGnV55hW/5440-abandoned-base-interior-fix This Card is 80% done; not sure what they had to 'fix' though... There's one unchecked item, "Separate Base Modules." Hmmm...

https://trello.com/c/ffplxSbg/5682-lost-river-ground-textures This Card is done; new textures to bring the Lost River to life!

Lost_river_canyon_top_in_game.jpg

https://trello.com/c/1nHYL17F/5728-exosuit-damaged This one's done; the Damaged Exosuit!

Lost River Plant 04 - Done!

... and another one bites the dust!

Hoping this'll all be in game with the next Experimental Update, though I believe these are all just art assets. Still... the hype intensifies...
    edited June 2016
    Trello Bytes: The Card Damaged Tech is done; my guess is that we'll find all this wrecked technology in game, in the wrecks and/or scattered about the world, and we'll be able to scan it to make our own, new, working tech!

damaged_tech_in_game.jpg

Also, we have the first hint of a new type of mushroom! A new Card, "Ghost Mushrooms in Lava Zone entrances" has been moved to Doing - a new plant to discover and farm - though I won't link this one as it's just been added and there's nothing of interest on it.
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    edited June 2016
    Aaaaaah even Beacons we're going to have to find? D:
    Well I guess i'm not building my first base too far from my lifepod then! I always end up misplacing my base when I set off to build it even if it's still near the Safe Shallows heh, so the Beacon was always the first thing I'd make after acquiring the Builder tool.

Hopefully it won't be located in a hard-to-reach place like say the Dunes!
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    Love the look of the damaged tech. I imagine that we'll find some of it in the wrecked life pods...it would give us a reason to follow up on life pod 17's distress message.
    I have a feeling that once the game officially releases the amount of Blueprints we'll get at the game start will be pretty limited, which is a good thing. the fewer things we have at that start of the game the longer it'll take to get anywhere and have anything done, which will add to extend the length of a game
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    Well... at least you've decided to go with the one thread thing again. Though why you decided to start that by retroactively renaming this thread is anybody's guess.

So the added information content we now get is "don't actually know if its actually in game" and the briefer less Spammy content is... reposting the exact same image you already posted on the same page of the same thread?

I'd like to say you are moving in the correct direction... but... are you?

Yo, Human Torch, quit with the flame posts. It doesn't help anyone.
  • TheSmithOnUWTheSmithOnUW Join Date: 2016-04-29 Member: 216141Members
    yomama wrote: »
    What I didn't have time to come back and post yesterday was similar to Calarand's comment...I don't have time to play through every new update and pick out the changes. I doubt I would have noticed the changes such as reflections, etc. I appreciate Coranth's nitpicky OCD observational skills which make me further appreciate what the devs have accomplished.

I also don't personally care how many threads, what they're called, etc. But sure, I suppose one thread makes sense. I've always found Coranth's contributions here to be worth the time it takes to read them.

Thats the cove tree, which now has a model on Sketchfab and a picture on Trello. The root pictures are for another tree
  • yomamayomama On the freeway Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215861Members
    Well. I was gonna go look at the new neato stuff but the devs broke the game with today's update. Got my Experimental Mode Happy Face on...
    Nothing interesting of note, except for this Silly Card. Yep, that's real important for the future of Subnautica; gotta get those web page speeds above 50...

"Howard Payne: Pop quiz, hotshot. There's a Subnautica web page. Once the page loads at 50 miles an hour, the page is displayed. If loading speed drops below 50, the browser trying to load the page freezes up. What do you do? What do you do?"
  • yomamayomama On the freeway Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215861Members
    Well..not sure I agree on that being a silly card. Their site loading score is something they should address, as a professional studio the site is a reflection of who and what they are to the eyes of the internet. It's not only about the cool fish and toys...
    yomama wrote: »
    Well..not sure I agree on that being a silly card. Their site loading score is something they should address, as a professional studio the site is a reflection of who and what they are to the eyes of the internet. It's not only about the cool fish and toys...

Fair enough.
    edited June 2016
    Trello Bytes:

Recent Cards in the Activity Feed today are--

1. "Exosuit should use 2 power cells"; nothing of real interest there, though the title is something to think about. Good thing they added that power cell charger...

2. "Player shoulder fix (tools)"; A problem with the player's shoulder joint/animation somewhere?

3. Add climb in and climb out animations for the seamoth; "currently there is a bug where it plays the in_seamoth parameter right before switching to in _exosuit"

This one; there's two separate animations here, one for climbing into the Seamoth and one for the Exosuit, so what happens, I think, is that when you're climbing into the Seamoth, it does the Seamoth climb in anim, but then it does the Exosuit one; it'd look odd I'd imagine...
  • joni65joni65 Kansas Join Date: 2016-06-19 Member: 218763Members
    That boomerang looks like it is just looking to start some crap with me.
    New Card on Trello Activity Feed as of 38 minutes ago, "Andi added Brian Cummings to color customization for exosuit"; I won't link to it as there's nothing 'on' the Card--BUT THAT TITLE! THAT TITLE! Like the Seamoth and Cyclops before it, we'll be able to customize the colour(s) of our Exosuits! Ooooh, can't wait for this all to be finished!