Seaglide Power

Comments

• BobRossTheBossBobRossTheBoss Join Date: 2012-12-31 Member: 176824Members
    RobRossTheBoss
    People who have "mastered" their real lives usually don't want to do the exact same thing when they relax. Anyone who acually works hard will tell you that in a heartbeat.
    That is the Point.
    Because im working hard, i can´t understand why there are complains about the Energy Usage of the Seaglide, when you have not to do anything but switching your Batterys for running it a Lifetime now.
    Energy managing is now easy Mode, more easy and less Effort than it ever was, and People still not happy about all the work (switching Batterys) they have to do now, to run a Seaglide for ever and ever ever. Energy is complete free now.
    You only have to grind some Batterys and a Recharge Station, thats all Effort you have to do now.

So why is switching the Batterys to much Work, specialy for hard working People, to get your unlimited Energy that means to have no more Grinds for a Lifetime in exchange ?

I realy can´t understand that. I try, but i realy can not . ;)

I only use the seaglide to dive or explore away from the seamoth for modules, I don't understand it either.

The difference here is I don't make personal statements about people's lives because I don't understand their way of playing a video game.
  • AdmiralPainAdmiralPain Germany Join Date: 2016-04-02 Member: 215206Members
    edited June 2016
    RobRossTheBoss
    I only use the seaglide to dive or explore away from the seamoth for modules, I don't understand it either.

The difference here is I don't make personal statements about people's lives because I don't understand their way of playing a video game.
    Satement for peoples Lifes/Lives? I would call it a very normal and harmless Metaphor.
    Very Interesting how some People feel touched by it.

What i said was, some People complain and call a good thing, a hughe Advantage what brings less Effort and almost no Work for them compared to the Past, into the exactly opposide, into a bad thing.
    And then i simple was wondering and questioning, how people with this nature of seeing new things would handle thier Real Lifes, if they watch the things the same way then.
    Not a serious Question at all, and nothing what is called evil words, or an abuse i think, just a simple ( and for me funny) metaphor. ;)

My Intention with this was simple, just to show People what for advantages they missed and what a great trade they dont have seen, and that on a funny way.

Well, English is not my nature Language, perhaps my humor will work better in it. haha ;);)

• DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    edited June 2016
    I am not certain why the Aurora remains such an issue because the only real thing of interest there early game are the spore sacks and lithium. However, if the new power management of the seaglide severely hinders some players, then that's something to be discussed.

Just a hint for as long as this situation lasts: empty batteries work for recipes and get a free recharge that way. Power cells come out 100% even if made from two 0% batteries. Same for tools, vehicles, etc. So with eight empty batteries you still theoretically have eight full batteries even without recharger. I don't so much consider this a bug as a minor exploit I kinda hope the devs leave in the game.
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    I don't of anyone that treats games the same way they do real life... I went back to college and am on summer break now so I'm not working much, but if I had to do things in a game I viewed as unnecessary or tedious when I was pulling 70 hour weeks I would've been a bit annoyed. The more you work the more precious every minute of down time becomes.

I don't see it as tedious necessarily, but that seems to be a big part of the point that's being made against the new drain rate of the seaglide.
  • LobsterPhoneLobsterPhone Australia Join Date: 2016-03-29 Member: 214999Members
    edited June 2016
    Ralij wrote: »
    I don't see it as tedious necessarily, but that seems to be a big part of the point that's being made against the new drain rate of the seaglide.
    The drain on the sea glide after you get the seamoth and the charger may be tedious or annoying. And certainly didn't need to be more of a drain than it was to fulfill the basic requirement of "sometimes you need to recharge your batteries". So yes, I would argue that the annoyance levels of the sea glide at that stage exceed requirements, and you probably should never exceed requirements like that in that way, and if so certainly not by DOUBLING the prior adequate requirement meeting value.

BUT. That's really relatively minor and subjective. You would have to something like double AGAIN the battery drain before you got to levels where the sea glide power drain was indisputably objectively bad at that stage in the game.

But time and again, people defending the current power drain of the sea glide defend it by saying things like "I never use it so it is fine" or "I only use it with my sea moth and the battery charger available". The problem is there is a large and important part of the game BEFORE the sea moth and the battery charger, a part where you can and SHOULD use the sea glide. And in THAT part of the game I think the current drain rate IS pretty indisputably bad. Pointing out that AFTER you make the sea glide largely redundant and AFTER you can actually charge your mountain of empty batteries there is no longer as much of a problem is not a solution to the problem that is occurring BEFORE that point.

Too many people aren't restarting on survival often enough. Your advanced game with all the stuff already doesn't give you a clear view of the battery eating appetites of the sea glide. That one lucky restart you did where your first three grassy plains fragments appeared right on the immediate border of the safe shallows next to your pod (according to some guy anyway) and were all battery charger fragments (instead of your last 3 of what? 12 or so?) doesn't give you a clear view of the issue. Just as those who just don't use sea glides much aren't going to have much of a clear idea how impactful the battery draining is either.

edited June 2016
    LobsterPhone
    Just as those who just don't use sea glides much aren't going to have much of a clear idea how impactful the battery draining is either.

The impact is, that People who use the Seaglide much, aren´t going to have to grind anything anymore, don´t have to spent Times to get their Copper, doesn´t need to get Batterys after Batterys after Batterys after Batterys anymore.

And you call this a bad thing, because People that use the Seaglide often now, and are not amused about the energy drain... , spent more time to complain about the battery draining on Threads, than spent 20 Minutes ingame to get the Battery Charging Station?

• LobsterPhoneLobsterPhone Australia Join Date: 2016-03-29 Member: 214999Members
    edited June 2016
    The impact is, that People who use the Seaglide much, aren´t going to have to grind anything anymore, don´t have to spent Times to get their Copper, doesn´t need to get Batterys after Batterys after Batterys after Batterys anymore.
    OK. That specific claim I can actually call objectively incorrect rather than just a subjective matter of opinion about how annoying the battery swapping rate is.

Because again, you are ONLY considering the time when you have a fully functional battery charger charging 4 batteries at time at all times. Only looking at it from the perspective of an experienced player with an existing advanced save game. Once you DO have your constructed powered base, the right blueprints and a completed charger you no longer have to grind battery resources (you DO still burn time and power on it though).

But until you get that it IS still a grind. Indeed it is now exactly twice as much of a grind up to that point.

However many sea glide batteries you used to have to "Grind" to get up that point in play before it was punctuated by the battery charger... you now have to "Grind" twice as many.

I would NOT have had to "Grind" more than eight batteries on the sea glide alone just to get up to the sea moth prior to the change.

But now I DID have to do that. And frankly I was lucky to do it with as few as that.

That is the whole problem.

Stop viewing it as a non problem from the perspective of someone with a completed base and a full set of blueprints already.
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    nitay1998 wrote: »
    http://diep.io you can see here that they will change that in the future!

I've played that game.

Also, for those complaining, why not just turn off the seaglide light? Consumption halved.
    Lobsterphone
    Because again, you are ONLY considering the time when you have a fully functional battery charger charging 4 batteries at time at all times. Only looking at it from the perspective of an experienced player with an existing advanced save game.
    You are completeley wrong with that.

I wrote about 3-4 Times that i have started a completley new game, without knowing where the Charger Fragments could be.
    You should read what people wrote, before telling the wrong thing again and again.
    I have had the Charger 10 minutes after my Seaglide. Realy no effort for unlimited Energy that you get in exchange.

But until you get that it IS still a grind
    So you want unlimited energy for the Seaglide for doing nothing in exchange, aha. You havent seen yet that grinding some Ressources for equiqment, or Bases is Part of the Game mechanics , right?
    I would NOT have had to "Grind" more than eight batteries on the sea glide alone just to get up to the sea moth prior to the change.
    You dont have to. Just as i said, you need about 10 -20 Minutes to get your battery Charger for an experienced Player in your Seaglide. A not experienced new Player realy dont need it so fast.
    But realy, even to get 8 batterys or more is realy no effort in this game anymore. You can get Copper almost everywhere.
    Stop viewing it as a non problem from the perspective of someone with a completed base and a full set of blueprints already.
    And again.

The point that your completeley ignoring what people wrote explains me your hughe Problems to run your Seaglide on a good way.
    It doesnt even surprising me, that getting your Recharge Station (20 Minutes of Grinding and Searching Stuff) or some Batterys, wich never was easyer to get than it is now, is way to much work for you too then. ;)
    Once you DO have your constructed powered base, the right blueprints and a completed charger you no longer have to grind battery resources (you DO still burn time and power on it though).
    Haha realy? Even to switch your Batterys is to much effort for you?
    Tzrtz.
    That explains everything to me.

Pls don´t tell me, im Working so hard, i don´t want to do so hard Work in a Game ...
    I work hard too, and it is not any Problem or even Work for me to get some Batterys. It is the opposide now, it was never so little Work to run your Stuff full with energy after this Update.
    Read what People wrote, and perhaps you have the Chance to see why it is this way. ;)

And now, don´t let us bore the People with our boring discussion anymore.
    Better we play the wonderful Game instead.
    Perhaps i make 20 batterys, just for fun . ;)
    No, only your discussion is boring and... quiet frankly very rude and utterly disjoint from reality. lets just ignore what you say Admiralpain, it doesn't seem to be of value.
    ...quiet frankly very rude and utterly disjoint from reality. lets just ignore what you say Admiralpain, it doesn't seem to be of value.
    Interesting Point of few. Im not shure you understood what i realy wrote.
    Well, you can see what you want in my Words.
    Wish you a happy Day.
    And get a recharge Station, that makes you happy again, i swear of it. ;)

OK. That specific claim I can actually call objectively incorrect rather than just a subjective matter of opinion about how annoying the battery swapping rate is.

Because again, you are ONLY considering the time when you have a fully functional battery charger charging 4 batteries at time at all times. Only looking at it from the perspective of an experienced player with an existing advanced save game. Once you DO have your constructed powered base, the right blueprints and a completed charger you no longer have to grind battery resources (you DO still burn time and power on it though).

But until you get that it IS still a grind. Indeed it is now exactly twice as much of a grind up to that point.

However many sea glide batteries you used to have to "Grind" to get up that point in play before it was punctuated by the battery charger... you now have to "Grind" twice as many.

But now I DID have to do that. And frankly I was lucky to do it with as few as that.

That is the whole problem.

If you use the floatation device (can't remember the name) to surface and the seaglide to dive you can explore the great plains wreck pretty well without wasting too much energy.

And don't tell me a new person wouldn't know that; part of the fun in the game is figuring out little tactics like that.
    edited June 2016
    And don't tell me a new person wouldn't know that; part of the fun in the game is figuring out little tactics like that.
    Then I will tell you that you shouldn't even be CARRYING the flotation bladder once you have the seaglide. It flat out is CLEARLY intended as the tiered replacement that renders the bladder irrelevant.

I will also tell you that if your solution is "new players need to GET GUD and learn the one true way to explore the one true location on the entire map that can get them out of the battery hole or else they can rot in sea glide battery hell until they GET GUD' then you can, frankly, go away.

And the ridiculous thing is they don't even have to do that. They just have to swim around without ever using the sea glide and take longer for no reason and not use a piece of equipment as intended at all. I'm pretty sure that is just as unintentional as your solution, but it's a damn site better and a damn site more likely to actually be something a new player would ever do or SHOULD ever be expected to do.

It doesn't mean that the game is in a good state when it too strongly motivates either of those strategies.

PS and just to give you an idea of how bad the battery consumption now is, based the consumption to get to the Aurora and a quick look at a map, the just the travel for a red grass wreck would eat about a whole battery for the round trip there and back. Of course you'll very probably be wanting a laser cutter for that so you need a diamond, and THAT I am pretty sure will cost you about a battery EACH WAY just to get the material. So all up the "go for the big deep wreck" plan will be costing you... rather a few batteries just in preparation and transit.
    By the time you get the diamond to construct the laser cutter you should have the seamoth, unless there is a source of diamonds much closer than I think there is. If you insist on doing the entire game without getting the seamoth, charger, or cyclops then that's not really a game design issue.

This really seems to be making a mountain out of a molehill, the time between getting the seaglide and getting the charger/seamoth is about an hour unless you're avoiding going into the grassy plateau for some reason. My first full run through without really knowing heads from tails about the game was about 30ish hours to end game stuff so, for me at least, the time between the two pieces of equipment was about 3% of my total play time on that save.

On my new save I had no real difficulty in carrying three extra batteries and going up and doing in the plateau area mostly safely without any undue stress (minus the jump scare from a sand shark lol).

So my question is why are you not progressing? Is there a rp you're doing that makes going into new zones untenable? Do you simply not know or presume new players to not know where to find these things? I'm sure they'll figure it out or look it up before long, I mean pretty much all of us did at some point right?

It also occurs to me given the difficulty you are having with the batteries that the change to a higher drain rate may be intended as some sort of soft gating as well as a resource management hurdle.

The game DOES encourage that sort of strategy though. There have been cries for a long while about the seamoth battery being way too strong and needing a serious whack with the nerf bat because it goes around this. It will likely be the same discussion we are having now tbh. You know you have a limited resource (copper, peepers, airsacks, kelp seeds) which will run out relatively quickly if you don't shift strategies. Develop strategies around those truths of the game world (more cautious use of battery-using gear, building aquariums to breed food and water fish, gaining the ability to farm kelp safely, etc)

Its really common to make powerful gear have drawbacks. You are basically invulnerable when you're on the seaglide. Stalkers and sandsharks at least cannot catch you when you're zipping away, you are unlikely to be close enough to tick off a sea treader or crabsquid and can get away in a hurry. This thing is not just a travel item, but a form of defense and a potent one at that. For a drawback its relatively minor to have to change the batteries that often.
    And don't tell me a new person wouldn't know that [floater thing];

Uh... hi. xD That would be me again. I'm really bad at this game apparently. Still fun though!
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    Generally speaking I use the sea glide to get me to the sea bed where it's deep, then I put it away and swim normally on the sea bed. Then I use the sea glide to get me back to the surface. Doesn't waste too much battery power when this is done.
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    ZOMG! Actuall you're right. I didn't realise it at first but yes the sea glide rate of power use is ridiculously fast.
    edited June 2016
    By the time you get the diamond to construct the laser cutter you should have the seamoth, unless there is a source of diamonds much closer than I think there is.
    Your argument keeps getting peppered with what may as well be "get guds" where you berate me for being unable to progress (protip, actually read what I've written on this thread next time).

But aside from that you have a REAL problem grasping how progression even works at all.

All your arguments boil down to "well you just already need to have X!... which you somehow already have for free". Your justification that it was easy to get the battery charger was that the player already knew exactly where a deep wreck was, to loot a deep wreck properly they already need to have a laser cutter, but your justification for them already having a laser cutter is that they already have a sea moth.

Look, just NO already, you don't ALWAYS already have those things. You have to START without them. You keep not getting this basic concept.
    edited June 2016
    LobsterPhone
    Your justification that it was easy to get the battery charger was that the player already knew exactly where a deep wreck was, to loot a deep wreck properly they already need to have a laser cutter, but your justification for them already having a laser cutter is that they already have a sea moth.
    Uhm, the Battery Charger Fragments are just laying around in some Biome near the Safe Shallows. I found them easy by just searching for some other Fragments.
    You can get them even by just swimming a bit out of the Safe Shallows when the only equiqment you have craftet after a new Start is just a Hand Scanner, and may be one or two Tanks, and you dont know where they are, cause they are realy near the Safe Shallows at all.

hey just have to swim around without ever using the sea glide and take longer for no reason and not use a piece of equipment as intended at all.
    To get all the Stuff you can, in the fastest way you can is not any Goal for playing Subnautica. It shouldn´t be atleast. ;)

edited June 2016
    By the time you get the diamond to construct the laser cutter you should have the seamoth, unless there is a source of diamonds much closer than I think there is.
    Your argument keeps getting peppered with what may as well be "get guds" where you berate me for being unable to progress (protip, actually read what I've written on this thread next time).

But aside from that you have a REAL problem grasping how progression even works at all.

All your arguments boil down to "well you just already need to have X!... which you somehow already have for free". Your justification that it was easy to get the battery charger was that the player already knew exactly where a deep wreck was, to loot a deep wreck properly they already need to have a laser cutter, but your justification for them already having a laser cutter is that they already have a sea moth.

Look, just NO already, you don't ALWAYS already have those things. You have to START without them. You keep not getting this basic concept.

I didn't mention the deep wreck at all, in fact I have no idea where it is and have never explored it myself. I found the fragments scattered around the grass plateau. The only place I know where to get diamonds reliably pretty much requires the seamoth for exploring the area for longer than about 5-10 seconds since you'd have to go straight back up again. So with that I'm impressed you got them without it.

The only thing I can think of is simply not knowing the seamoth exists.

I'm not berating you I'm genuinely curious as to why its taking you longer than it did for me. I have a notoriously slow play style where I spend a lot of extra time in areas most people have left behind hours ago, so its very different to find someone that takes even longer. I'm usually the one that likes to 'clear' an area before moving on, taking the time to gather all the resources of a zone, and run around its edge taking plot points for a map so I'm accustomed to taking awhile. I'm not saying that longer = bad necessarily, I just want to see how you play. That kind of information is (I think) useful for the devs to see as it gives them more knowledge on how their players are going through their game and the individual hurdles.

Start with what things then? The only things I can think that I'm suggesting you start with is your character and maybe a background with survival games, which may be where I'm failing at this. I don't presume you start with anything for free, but you go through the zone to get the seamoth and charger station fragments to get to the zones with basalt deposits, as far as I know (at least I always have). So, are you skipping zones to get to a given goal?

I'm quite clear on how basic progression, however your sense is quite different in that regard. Do explain.

I don't mean 'git gud' as much as I'm attempting to offer you solutions to your dilemma so that you can enjoy the game more while you're in the pre-charger state. As well, I'm trying to show that this is a common mechanic and that there seems to be a reason behind the devs move to do it, whether that be a soft gate, resource management thing, or whatever they have planned.

More in that direction there is a card on trello that says that in a future update even scanning will cost battery power so the rate we all go through batteries will be increasing in the next few months.

Idk, I've only run through the game once from start to big base end game and have a lot of biomes to see yet. I might not be fresh from the aurora new, but I'm certainly no veteran at this game.
    edited June 2016
    The only place I know where to get diamonds reliably pretty much requires the seamoth for exploring the area for longer than about 5-10 seconds since you'd have to go straight back up again. So with that I'm impressed you got them without it.
    Just go to the mountain island. Its easy to find and easy to get the diamond (and maybe some magnetite for a compass). You can do that with a sea glide, or less. It's just that will probably eat a sea glide battery each way now. There are supposedly diamonds in the mushroom forest too, but I don't think I've seen any and it's about the same distance.
    I'm not berating you I'm genuinely curious as to why its taking you longer than it did for me.
    I'm not nessacarily taking longer than you, I got a lot of stuff done, but I just went through a lot of batteries in the process and the battery charger blue prints happened to drop just a bit late.

And that's part of the thing that people aren't getting. Admiralpain for instance thinks it is really easy to get the battery charger fragments. And if you are rather lucky it would be, the grassy plateus are probably on average only 30% of a sea glide battery one way (yes THAT MUCH) away from your pod at the start. They are FULL of very aggressive sand sharks especially near fragments but you... can... sort of... evade them even without the sea glide. And while the fragments are sparse there there are now also some sort of mini-wreckage spots where there are more. You could get lucky, find 3 fragments immediately AND have them all luck out to being battery charger fragments. I doubt that actually happened to him, but it could have, barely.

But that IS dumb luck and it won't happen every time. There are three different blueprints lying around loose in the grassy plateaus. Another 4 in the wrecks. And from my last play through one of the "wreck" ones was showing up in the loose "mini wreckage" sites where most of the fragments were. I have no evidence, but by feel I don't think the fragments have an equal chance by blueprint and instead drop at a random rate approximately proportional to the number of fragments required, that puts the chargers at something like 3 in 14 chance of dropping for each fragment you find.

If that is true you need to collect something like 15ish fragments on average in the grassy plateaus to get a battery charger. But that's just an average and some people in SOME play throughs will do it in 3 or 4 fragments. I happened to get it in something like 12ish fragments. That's just how random drops work. There is more to it (like say, much less crude math and attempting to accommodate for the more complex aspects of subnautica drop mechanics... if we knew them accurately) but the basics of it is... you could get lucky, but you might not either, and if you go in with an existing save game it will probably shake out very differently due to some of the less clear and unconfirmed drop mechanics.
    Idk, I've only run through the game once from start...
    Oh for... what have I been saying about that all thread?

Then I will tell you that you shouldn't even be CARRYING the flotation bladder once you have the seaglide. It flat out is CLEARLY intended as the tiered replacement that renders the bladder irrelevant.

I will also tell you that if your solution is "new players need to GET GUD and learn the one true way to explore the one true location on the entire map that can get them out of the battery hole or else they can rot in sea glide battery hell until they GET GUD' then you can, frankly, go away.

Acually, based on these 2 paragraphs, my solution is more "get creative" not "get gud".

The seaglide is a "tier" above the flotation bladder? And it's meant to replace the bladder entirely? Where does the game say this, except in your head? It's not Smash Bros or some RPG.

Each piece of equipment is unique and it's up to you how you combine them. The bladder makes me go fast in 1 direction for 0 cost. The seaglide makes me go fast in any direction for a steep cost. Using my natural human ability to put 2 and 2 together, I figured out a great strategy to progress through the game.

The game shouldn't be obtusely challenging but it shouldn't sit there and hold your hand either. And it definitely shouldn't have some rigid tier system to make it linear as shit.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    The seaglide is a "tier" above the flotation bladder? And it's meant to replace the bladder entirely? Where does the game say this, except in your head? It's not Smash Bros or some RPG.

Each piece of equipment is unique and it's up to you how you combine them.

Exactly. The game lays tools for you to use them ... or not. The way you play the game is entirely up to you and the limits you face are made by you and you only.

Also, i know peoples are tired of hearing this but ill say it again anyway -- This is EA phase, gameplay isnt set in stone yet and can very well change with the next update. Something that bothers you now may very well be changed to your liking at a later date.
  • KaybeKaybe Join Date: 2016-09-19 Member: 222425Members
    I'm new to the game, and thought it strange that the wiki listed the max range of the seaglide as 3.8km, because it did indeed seem to drain at 1% per second. I understand the battery is rechargeable, but as a new player, I am still having a hard time looking for blueprints to even build a base in the first place (still in the starter pod), so I don't have the means of recharging batteries in the first place. Which means a *constant* need for fresh copper if I wish to use the thing at all. For now, only thing I can do is use it when I need to dive down fast, but just swim at normal speeds on the surface the rest of the time.
  • MiralityMirality New Zealand Join Date: 2016-08-05 Member: 221004Members
    You can build a battery charger in the corridor sections, which you can build as soon as you make a constructor.

But yes, the power drain means that you shouldn't use it for general travel, just when you need an extra burst of speed (eg. to escape a predator or to avoid running out of air).
  • HerugrimHerugrim The Poconos Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221402Members
    edited September 2016
    The sea glide is only useful for diving in wrecks at this point, and only until you unlock the mod station. Just having the sea glide not only takes up a ton of space but also slows you down further when you aren't using it. Brining it along for any trip you plan to collect for and need inventory space is I'll advised.

Build the mod station and make plasteel tanks and ultra fins as soon as possible. With two of those tanks and the fins you have an adequate amount of air and can outshine anything in the game without circle starting.

All you really need that glider for now is to get the seamoth parts. Otherwise you are really better off without.
  • CaptagearCaptagear Join Date: 2016-08-28 Member: 221804Members
    My two bits....

I think the consumption rate is almost perfect for its stage within the "tech tree". :)
    I think it helps path the way to the Seamoth without being too ambitious for what it is, a little hand-held glider. Cute :D

But hey, that's my opinion :)
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    Mirality wrote: »
    You can build a battery charger in the corridor sections, which you can build as soon as you make a constructor.

But yes, the power drain means that you shouldn't use it for general travel, just when you need an extra burst of speed (eg. to escape a predator or to avoid running out of air).

This. Early game I recommend staying near the surface and just swimming to where you want to go, then using the seaglide to dive, so you have as much air as possible when you reach your dive target. I pretty much use the seaglide for getting the seamoth fragments and then I toss it in a locker and forget about it. Its useful for the short time I use it, but it's quickly outclassed by better options. And I don't mind having a bunch of dead batts lying around, because I can turn them into the powercells I need to build the MVB and Seamoth.
  • LonnehartLonnehart Guam Join Date: 2016-06-20 Member: 218816Members
    I start a LOT of new savegames and have noticed how fast my seaglide batteries drain. I just adjust my usage as a result. So now I only use the Seaglide if I ABSOLUTELY have to. Such as when I need to surface or I have a predator chasing me.
  • MiralityMirality New Zealand Join Date: 2016-08-05 Member: 221004Members
    Another trick is to use the air bladder for ascending instead of using up your seaglide's power -- although it's a bit slower, and inflating the bladder costs you a little oxygen, so once you upgrade your fins it's not really worth it any more.
  • FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    Seaglide uses 1% every 5 seconds. It's getting you far enough. I use it mainly in the beginning to dive into the vents for Silver, getting to the Lifepods and back and on my first trip to repair the Aurora. At Lifepod 17 you find a Battery Charger anyway, so there ends the need for more Batteries. Once you got to the Aurora and Lifepod 17, you have the Seamoth and little use for the Seaglide anymore. Empty Batteries get converted into Power Cells.

IMHO, power usage of the Seaglide is perfect the way it is right now.