Vehicle Ideas

DehpcDehpc Great Britain, Hextable Join Date: 2016-05-25 Member: 217496Members
Got some vehicle ideas for you developers. I put them in order of biggest to smallest, including Seaglide, exosuit, Seamoth, Lifepod-5 and the Cyclops

-Seaglide
-Seafly, a small, speedy pod that, at high speeds, can skim above the water. It can also jump above the water like a dolphin.
-Exosuit
-Seamoth
-Hoverraft, a small raft that can hover on terrain and seabases and fly in the ocean. Quite slow but comes with 60 storage slots.
-Lifepod-5
-Chamelion, Little boat, like a bigger seamoth but slimmer and longer. Can land and 'cloak' itself-cannot be spotted by predators.
-Hoverboat, a bigger version of the Hoverraft. Can be customized with seabase objects and still has the 60 storage slots.
-Tourist, a smaller version of the Cyclops with more observatory posts (1 front, 2 left, 2 right, 1 bottom, 1 back
-Cyclops
-Leviathan, Bigger and better than the Cyclops with a controllable torpedo launcher mounted underneath.
-Whale, absolutely HUGE, comes with 200 storage slots (4 large storage containers each containing 50) and has 6 built-in moon pools for seamoths, seaflys, exosuits and hoverrafts.

If you have any ideas, feel free to post them in the comments.

Comments

• SubnauticSurvivourSubnauticSurvivour Fiskdale Join Date: 2016-05-25 Member: 217493Members
    ...YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!
  • That_Gaming_Guy1That_Gaming_Guy1 A Strange Water Planet Join Date: 2016-04-30 Member: 216198Members
    well i dont have an idea but you need to put in a vehicle with a claw. they are adding a vehicle with a claw but they need design concepts. this is your time to shine! make us proud!
  • badgerfrothbadgerfroth Darlington UK Join Date: 2016-04-10 Member: 215599Members
    Tricycle.
    You pump up the tyres and try to stay upright on the surface.
  • x1Alpha2014x1Alpha2014 Germany Join Date: 2015-05-16 Member: 204528Members
    A squid like Mini-submarine, like the Poseidon from Prince of Atlantis.
  • DehpcDehpc Great Britain, Hextable Join Date: 2016-05-25 Member: 217496Members
    well i dont have an idea but you need to put in a vehicle with a claw. they are adding a vehicle with a claw but they need design concepts. this is your time to shine! make us proud!

Alrighty then.

Wolf: Same size, if bigger, than the seamoth. Two large claws on the sides can be used to grab fish and small predators. Other than that, uses the same upgrades as the seamoth (Apart from torpedoes)
  • A_FREAKING_DUCKA_FREAKING_DUCK Join Date: 2016-04-03 Member: 215296Members
    I love these ideas! The last one sounded awesome, but I feel that having a vehicle of that size would be unnecessary until Multiplayer becomes a thing. Just gives me more of a reason to want multiplayer. Although in the game currently these vehicles aren't completely necessary, for a game that has "sub" in its name and is about exploring the underwater depths, I definitely think it needs a much larger variety of submarines. My 2 favorites in your list would have to be the chamelion(was that i a typo or intentional?) and the Whale. Never thought of being able to cloak yourself, it would be a great way to escape Reapers. A long while ago I created a post about some possible Above-Water Ideas (Link: http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/141575/above-water-ideas#latest), one of the ideas being a vehicle(there were 2, but I accidentally deleted one of them and didn't realize). I know the games water based, but its always nice to be able to explore somewhere outside the depths. I'll paste the idea here and modify it to make more sense, seeing as it went in correlation with other ideas in the post.

Sky-Slicer: This is a vehicle that is not for under water, but for the sky above(cannot at all be used underwater). Other than this, it acts similar to the seamoth, excusing the fact that it is slightly larger and has to two aircraft-carrier like wings, one on each side. It is mostly for quick transportation, but is more of an late-game vehicle, as one of the components to craft it could be in the lava zone, or possibly the lost river, depending on how difficult it is to get there. Whenever near the water, it auto-deploys some buoys, similar to the ones keeping the escape pod floating, and floats atop the water. There may also be an area added in the Aurora only accessible from the top, giving the Sky-Slicer another use. What keeps you from flying off the planet is another idea I've created, explained here:http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/141572/story-suggestion-the-moon-crawler#latest, titled the "Moon Crawler". When you are flying too high, you will be warned that you are approaching the screech zone. If you ignore the warning and continue ascending, you will here a loud screech coming from the moon crawler due to it seeing you near the planet. This will cause the vehicle to beep and begin spiraling out of control. If you do not eject, you will likely be thrown out automatically due to the spinning, and if you don't use the grav-Decreaser(from post) you will fall and likely take quite a bit of damage, if not die on impact with the water, due to fall damage(from post). The Skyslicer will continue to spin around for a bit, then turn off and fall to the water. It will deploy the buoys and land on the water, but will be unusable until repaired with a welder. It is powered using power cells and can hold two at a time.
  • ThePassionateGamerThePassionateGamer Germany Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218219Members
    Some cool ideas here. I like the cloakable sub the most. I don't think that you would need that much vehicles but more then the 4 we are going to have as soon as the Exosuit is added would be nice.

I don't think that we have the mapsize nor dephts for a submarine the size of your Leviathan to be honest. Where would your use a huge sub like that? You would need open sea biomes and keep a fair distance to all other biomes for it to work. Not that it would be impossible to add but the map we currently have seems to small for a sub like that.

Nonetheless thumbs up for some cool vehicle ideas @Dehpc
  • xtr3m3dawgxtr3m3dawg USA Join Date: 2016-07-17 Member: 220341Members
    I would like to see a completely offensive vehicle. It would have a built in stasis gun as well as torpedos and maybe another gun. It would be faster than the seamoth but not as much health because we cant have it being too OP. And we could call it the 'Stingray'.
  • DehpcDehpc Great Britain, Hextable Join Date: 2016-05-25 Member: 217496Members
    The whale would be used for long-range travel, for example the active lava zone, because of high fuel and crash depth
    @ThePassionateGamer

The leviathan could be used for a major plot in the lore, for example it being the only thing able to kill the sea emperor/sea dragon leviathan/reaper leviathan. It could also just be used to go on a mass-murdering spree to clear out an area for exploration, for example the Active Lava Zone (because sea dragon leviathans aren't exactly going to leave you alone)
    Just got another idea:

Latcher: A very small vehicle, slightly smaller than the exosuit. This vehicle has a spider-like hull and it's only waty of movement is boosters (from exosuit jumpjet upgrade), jumping or walking. The Latcher is able to climb walls and even latch onto large fauna (hence the name) such as Reaper Leviathans. This could also be a very good way to effectively get through the Sea Treader's Path, Simply latching onto a treader and going to get some toast.
    Posted another post about creature taming including the latcher.

forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/146124/creature-taming/p1?new=1
  • AC_AwesomeCraftAC_AwesomeCraft USA Join Date: 2018-12-12 Member: 245501Members
    'Whale'? I can barely fit the cyclops anywhere as it is! Let alone having a 'Whale' or 'Leviathan'! Other than that, the Huverboat, was it? Is quite the good idea, but going on land with like a motor cycle like thing, that, when you press the O button, can also drive on water, and if you press the U button, it can drive Under The Water! And when you want to switch back to the land version, press the L button, :-) (Imaginative mind, don't hate it)
  • AC_AwesomeCraftAC_AwesomeCraft USA Join Date: 2018-12-12 Member: 245501Members
    Maybe having a some sort of helicopter like vehicle, like a bubble with an engine inside, that can fly over the water.
    And it can also go under the water be pressing U, and maybe fun scenery of the propeller moving to the back of the vehicle, that would be fun! (Imaginative mind, don't hate it)
    But if there is a sky vehicle, there must be dangers there too, like some sort of pterodactyl like creature that, not only tries to make your submeicopter crash, but will dive into the water to eat fish... or you. (Imaginative mind, don't hate it)
  • NicksharkNickshark Join Date: 2018-09-05 Member: 243313Members
    They should add a new mech like the PRAWN suit, and I think it should be like a crab mech with like 4 legs and the ability to walk up like ice walls using its legs. As far as size goes I think it should be somewhat bigger than the PRAWN but not huge just like maybe 1/4 to 1/3 bigger maybe?
    Good idea, but are you talking about a crab like mech or just a machine with four legs?
    The Leviathan sub idea also gave me an idea, something ruffly the size of the Reaper if not smaller, very thin, can be used to explore large caves and easily defeated the Reaper Leviathan or Ghost leviathan. It is bendable and has extendable spike like things that resemble the reaper leviathans scythes, they come out of the cockpit for it.
    This vehicle can be called Mirror Leviathan, lol.
  • keptinkeptin Join Date: 2018-12-22 Member: 246678Members
    Love some of these ideas, but I feel we'd have to have a much larger and more diverse map to make use of some of them.
    edited December 2018
    I think a better vehicle that could be called the "StingRay" would be a flat vehicle with a 8 meter long tail, tail has three stingray spikes used to stun an enemy, like the stasis gun. Is slightly larger than the seamoth, can fit into short, wide spaces. Is half the speed of a Reaper Leviathan.
  • GodlyPoseidonGodlyPoseidon Wyoming Join Date: 2019-01-04 Member: 248000Members
    What about a skidoo, but it hovers above water and has a feature allowing it to dive.
  • FOXTROT_SR1FOXTROT_SR1 Missouri Join Date: 2019-01-20 Member: 249052Members
    edited January 2019
    I like a combat like sub, my idea is called the "Hornet" its bigger than the seamoth about double it, a bit slower and more armor, twice the storage space of that of the seamoth(cant be upgraded) 2 preset torpedo tubes can be upgraded to 8, more expensive than the seamoth but slightly cheaper than the cyclops, preset depth is same as seamoth max upgrade is 1000 meters, six upgrade slots. What do you think?
  • baronvonsatanbaronvonsatan TX, USA Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224415Members
    Why do y'all keep necroing threads? As the devs have stated, no further content will be added to this game. It's finished.
    edited January 2019
    Nothing is ever finished, don't be a downer and post an idea! You never know what ideas the devs will like and implement :)
    Plus: It's a good thing to get your ideas out, helps you make room for more!