What is this game about ?

2»

Comments

• PBSF_PendragonPBSF_Pendragon UK Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217427Members
    Shall we steer well clear of the Gun debate... that's only going to cause drama
    edited May 2016
    For me, I love a good story. For our "preview review" of Subnautica we abstained froma story score, as we simply don't know what's going on, but we are hoping this gets through to us as we progress and as the game grows larger, until then, as we do in general in our clan, we make our own lore.

We started in elite dangerous, so EVERYTHING is set within the elite world, but when we play Rainbow 6 / Forza / Subnautica / Rocket League we are basing the story and gameplay stuff on planets and space stations within the "elite" lore we have created.

for Subnautica, a few of us have crash landed on this planet (Vivally in the LHS 448 system) and we are all separately going our own way, looking for others etc. in lore, we don't know about each other obviously, but I find with any sandbox game like this creating your own lore and story can breath just as much fun into it.

We started and are keeping a survivor's log on our website, to tell the story of CMDR Pendragon. just here https://pixelbandits.org/log/
  • AlyexAlyex Somewhere Join Date: 2016-05-01 Member: 216238Members
    @PBSF_Pendragon I really like the way you're playing Subnautica, with the own lore and the survivors log :)
    I'm doing a log myself since I read your Survivor's log post, your idea definitely inspired me somehow ;)
    That's great man. It's always nice to help other people get more out of gaming (it's what we're all about. We're less of a "win win win" clan and much more a community instead.

If you have it online, I'd certainly like to read yours as well, see how you're getting on. Send it over to Life Pod #5 in a little bottle if you get a chance :)
    Yeah well about that: it's written in german ':D
    I thought about writing it in english but that would be "a bit" more work for me, because I'm not an expert when it comes to english grammar. It's like "Is it really written like that? *checks internet for several hours* I'm still not sure about it..." ;)
  • Victor32Victor32 Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215181Members
    It has a place, but his playstyle is possible with a minimal amount of content. Adding more isn't going to ruin his experience at all.

Of course not. And more content in any game is always a good thing. The point I was trying to make in my post was that his playstyle is just as valid as any other, and should not be shunned like it has been by the OP.
    Alyex wrote: »
    Yeah well about that: it's written in german ':D
    I thought about writing it in english but that would be "a bit" more work for me, because I'm not an expert when it comes to english grammar. It's like "Is it really written like that? *checks internet for several hours* I'm still not sure about it..." ;)

und auch ich mit meine deutsch. Werde ich meine deutsche verbessern... eine tag.
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    For me, I love a good story. For our "preview review" of Subnautica we abstained froma story score, as we simply don't know what's going on, but we are hoping this gets through to us as we progress and as the game grows larger, until then, as we do in general in our clan, we make our own lore.

We started in elite dangerous, so EVERYTHING is set within the elite world, but when we play Rainbow 6 / Forza / Subnautica / Rocket League we are basing the story and gameplay stuff on planets and space stations within the "elite" lore we have created.

for Subnautica, a few of us have crash landed on this planet (Vivally in the LHS 448 system) and we are all separately going our own way, looking for others etc. in lore, we don't know about each other obviously, but I find with any sandbox game like this creating your own lore and story can breath just as much fun into it.

We started and are keeping a survivor's log on our website, to tell the story of CMDR Pendragon. just here https://pixelbandits.org/log/

Really cool, PBSF_Pendragon. Love that you have a group of people that you role play the game like that with.
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    Imma just gonna leave this here...

32exmhcrszvy.jpg

Aliens/evil 3rd party confirmed!!!
    We RP pretty much everything! lol. We're a group of around 250 folks, mostly 23-30 and above, so if we can't find a lore, we just create one :) We've worked a lot with Frontier regarding Elite Dangerous to get our lore in there and are of course open to working with any developers to get lore / story / nice little bits and pieces in games we love, and subnautica is a firm favourite with a few of us. For those keeping up, the survivors log has been updated, with another few days of adventure.
    We RP pretty much everything! lol. We're a group of around 250 folks, mostly 23-30 and above, so if we can't find a lore, we just create one :) We've worked a lot with Frontier regarding Elite Dangerous to get our lore in there and are of course open to working with any developers to get lore / story / nice little bits and pieces in games we love, and subnautica is a firm favourite with a few of us. For those keeping up, the survivors log has been updated, with another few days of adventure.

Was this directed to me? If so, is this commending my action or just a fancy way of saying: "We already know"?
    It wasn't, sorry I'm not sure where you got that from. was in rsponse to Piggy
  • TotalologistTotalologist Norwich, UK. Join Date: 2016-04-05 Member: 215379Members
    Alyex wrote: »
    It's like "Is it really written like that? *checks internet for several hours* I'm still not sure about it..." ;)

I'm not only English but also from East Anglia, one of the most English-y bits of England - and if it's any consolation, it is exactly the same for us here :p

It's totally forgiveable that people who speak languages with consistent rules expect the same in others, but ours is a mongrel mix of latin, germanic, romantic etc etc so the rules are all over the place. In my experience talking to foreign students, they almost always have a better grasp of the rules of our language than our own students! All I am trying to say is don't kick yourself if you aren't sure of something, we probably don't know either! XD
    @Totalologist Thanks a lot for your reply to that! :)
    It's really a relief to hear (or rather read) that I'm not the only one struggling with such problems ;)
    It wasn't, sorry I'm not sure where you got that from. was in rsponse to Piggy

Sorry for the confusion.

You can tag people buy putting a @ in front of the name.
  • EverReddyEverReddy UK Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217355Members
    edited May 2016
    Obraxis wrote: »
    I like to think of Subnautica as 'The Martian, underwater' just set in the future.
    starkaos wrote: »
    Aside from the fact that there is no one coming back to save the protagonist. The protagonist of the Martian was always in a race to make sure that he could survive until the rescue came. The protagonist of Subnautica is permanently stuck there with no hope of rescue.

It may be the case that no one is coming to save you, or maybe it'll just be a really long time before they do. Who knows? That doesn't mean you're not in a race to survive, it's just that you don't know how long it'll be until you are (if at all) and unless you want to spend the rest of your days floating in a life pod you'll need to do something to improve your situation using the few resources at hand. I think it's a great comparison as at each step you have to work out your immediate problem and solve that, one step at a time, before reaching your longer term goals.

You're stranded, all alone, with only a few survival rations which will not last you very long. Your first priority? Food and water. Worked out how to get those? Great, but chasing after fish all day isn't going to get you very far in a hurry, so you could really do with a better option, like maybe a base with an aquarium in it. Right, so how do you get that? Well, you'll need a Habitat Builder, but how to make one? etc...
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members

I play Elite Dangerous too :smile:
    Myrm wrote: »

I play Elite Dangerous too :smile:

Love elite. love it to bits. we're all stuck waiting for todays update and servers to come back online come ooooooooooooooooooooon. You have a faction already in elite?

No, I'm independent. Yes, my Steam thing is running awaiting the update.
    You can add me as a friend on Elite if you want (same name as on here) :smile:
    I would love to buddy, but I'm on Xbox. Our faction is mostly Xbox and because of that it's tough to appeal to the first PC players. "hey come play with us. we have... almost... nobody for you to fly with..."
    Oh. KK, not to worry.