Stuff and Things. - Cameras,Nodes,Sonar,Radar...

TaiphozTaiphoz UK Join Date: 2016-01-01 Member: 210749Members
Not played in a long time, came back to find some nice new things to mess with but there is still so much missing from the game and so much that could be added, here are just a few of my thoughts since coming back to the game.

Camera's
  • The Cyclops should have a mobile camera mounted on conning tower, same functionality as the scanner room, would allow use to go deep then use the camera as a probe before getting out of the sub.
  • Camera Upgrades.
    1. Storage , gives the camera 4 storage slots allowing them to carry 1 scrap, or 4 smaller things.
    2. GravityGun , Allows them to suck items into their storage if there is space or lets them move things around.
    3. Drop/Deploy items in storage - I'm thinking you send a camera down a cave with 4 light sources in its inv, you would use this function to deply the light sources as you go deeper allowing the operator to light his path before he ventures in.
    4. Dive Rope/Reel - nuf said.

Sonar & Radar
  • Radar Relay , player built object that allows a scanner room to scan 100,200,300,400,500(upgrades) meter's around it and display the currently selected to be scanned item's on the players HUD, this would allow use to scan a much larger area without having to build 100's of scanner rooms which is dumb.

on this note let us scan for ore nodes, seems like a logical thing the player would want on their HUD.
  • Sonar Upgrade , allows the Scanner room to scan for predators
  • Sonar Relay , same as the Radar relay

Wrecks

There needs to be loot in these, once you hit one of the large ones you basically get all your scan targets in one go the rest of the wrecks are then all but useless, why not scatter some loot crates around all of them and inside them, I hope there is a long term plan here for these other than just scanning decoration items.

Comments