Comments

• LeonDOGELeonDOGE France Join Date: 2016-01-16 Member: 211525Members
    Universal torpedo launcher upgrades for both Seamoth and Exosuit confirmed.
  • KlinnKlinn Lost in a cave Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214022Members
    But only gasopods can fertilize your flowers. :)

Subnautica-RelaxWithGasopod01-Medium.jpg
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    WHOOPEEE!!!!! FINALLY SOMETHING SOMEWHAT LETHAL!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Phoenix223Phoenix223 Chicago Join Date: 2016-02-18 Member: 213174Members
    edited May 2016
    What are the devs thinking? Not to say that I'm not glad the Gasopods finally have some use to them, but "Gas Torpedoes"? I thought the point was to avoid using lethal force.
  • TotalologistTotalologist Norwich, UK. Join Date: 2016-04-05 Member: 215379Members
    I like it. Biowarfare.

Especially once our bases can be attacked I think a fatal weapon could be warranted. I think a weapon that uses already existing lethal capabilities of local fauna would be thematically forgiveable in a way that a harpoon chaingun wouldn't.
    Phoenix223 wrote: »
    What are the devs thinking? Not to say that I'm not glad the Gasopods finally have some use to them, but "Gas Torpedoes"? I thought the point was to avoid using lethal force.

At least it isn't bullets. Besides, you regenerate health if you move out of gas cloud.
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members

Do we know they're lethal and not just an annoyance that make affected fauna want to high-tail it out of the area; like Dung Bombs in monster hunter?

I think at least one offensive weapon would be okay. I mean, I wouldn't use it unless I absolutely had to, since to my knowledge aggressive fauna don't respawn and so if I went around killing everything it'd be a very boring and empty ocean.
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    Rezca wrote: »

Do we know they're lethal and not just an annoyance that make affected fauna want to high-tail it out of the area; like Dung Bombs in monster hunter?

I think at least one offensive weapon would be okay. I mean, I wouldn't use it unless I absolutely had to, since to my knowledge aggressive fauna don't respawn and so if I went around killing everything it'd be a very boring and empty ocean.

The torpedos might get non lethal, but the gasopod clouds are highly effecient killers that can annihilate whole stalker populations. So there's no real reason for the devs to make them non lethal, but of course still possible.
  • TaiphozTaiphoz UK Join Date: 2016-01-01 Member: 210749Members
    correct me if I'm wrong but the dev's or Dev as the case may be does not want guns, I think he meant literally GUNS that shoot bullets, that does not rule out other things that can kill, like bio weapons, in this case a gas torpedo, it certainly does not rule out the knife which you can stab things in the face with killing them fairly quickly..

I think this is the right move, we need more things like this, what about an upgrade to the stasis rifle that does the same, shoots a toxic stasis field that does not freeze the target but deals damage to them while they remain within its field.
    I think this is the right move, we need more things like this, what about an upgrade to the stasis rifle that does the same, shoots a toxic stasis field that does not freeze the target but deals damage to them while they remain within its field.[/quote]

Like the seamoth perimeter defense system?
  • IntrepidHIntrepidH Florida Join Date: 2015-12-09 Member: 209838Members
    haha nice, I like this gives use to the gasopod....discharge :D