Congrats Unknown Worlds! Welcome to Xbox One!

DraekDraek canada Join Date: 2016-05-17 Member: 216900Members
I was extra surprized and pleased to get Subnautica on my favorite console!

I am excited for you guys (and myself :smile:) to get Subnautica into this massive potential community of players, but also to a wonderful platform for this type of game! We arre often overloaded with war game titles and sports titles, getting this one is a huge win for Xbox One!

This build definitely leaves something to be desired for players of the PC version since it is months behind. However its logical to assume you are already hard at work to get those in as well as the myriad of tasks to optimize the engine. As a software developer, I understand where you must be at, and commend you on your efforts to bring us your imaginative creation!

One thing I must say is my biggest hope; that you actively engage us during your process and keep us regularly updated on progress. I recently went to a large gathering of friends for vacation and did a demo of the game for everyone. Very positive feedback and excitement with plans to follow through and check it out. I hope the games momentum ramps up and brings in revenue to fuel development of one of the best previews on xbox!

Hope to hear from you and others in the community on their thoughts about Subnautica on Xbox.

Comments

• GargettGargett Newcastle upon Tyne, UK Join Date: 2016-05-18 Member: 216934Members
    I must echo Draek's welcome and share my same enthusiasm and excitement at the fact Subnautica has came to Xbox One.

Been a long time admirer of the game and have watched plenty of Twitch streams in envy at those who had PC's that can handle the game so beautifully, the fact I too now can play the game on a console I own no less is fantastic!

Best of luck to all the devs at Subnautica and Unknown Worlds as whole for the future, I look forward to the updates you're all working hard on :smile:
  • spasticus77spasticus77 uk Join Date: 2016-05-18 Member: 216963Members
    Thanks for bringing this to console. I love underwater games yet so few exist on console( my favourite was Treasures of the deep on Ps1)And the weird thing was that i was having a deep game chat witha friend in work saturday and i was saying how much i wanted an aquatic game on my Xbone but thought it wouldnt happen (Ark underwater was my suggestion pretty much) We both said Subnautica on Pc looked ace, but both only have Laptops. Had a terrible weekend due to a adeath in the family came home from work tuesday to be greeted by Subnautica in the Xbox store you beautiful beautiful bitches ( i mean this lovingly lol)

One bug i ran into was afterswimming off somewhere and dying i respawned at a seabase i'd made under Lifepod 5,m only to find lifepod 5 had drifted off miles away.

Also my seabase has sunk into the terrain ( not sure if this a a bug or because i didnt buld a foundation.

Thanks again guys
  • tibbs87tibbs87 North Carolina Join Date: 2016-05-18 Member: 216985Members
    squeal, i would like to say congrats on the console release i know it still has bugs here and there but i for one still love it. i thank you for releasing this sadly i knew nothing of it until a friend mentioned it. i had a ps1 game i played religiously known as treasures of the deep i saw your title and bought it on the spot for my memories came back and i was estatic for SOME of its simularities. i know this game is farly new and i look forward to its many updates i pray that coop is in its future i would love nothing more than to be able to share the excitement and fears(lol) that this wonderful game could produce. i know its not priority and i dont blame you but please consider it for future use. i know you as a developer know about its contents,the cyclopse sub you developed is a awesome peice of machinery and would be so efficeint with a crew of 2 or 3, and exploring 2000+ meters underwater would be truely be amazing thank you for your wonderful game release and hopefully consideration i look forward to sbnautica's future.
  • KilleKille Finland Join Date: 2016-05-19 Member: 217051Members
    Wow! I never heard this, never though about it, but it's here. I was so impressed that I bought it right away. Nice touch with solid gameplay and lightbulb idea took my heart right at the start. Keep going! I sincerely hope you guys can take this over & past any situation.

Greets from FInland and thank you Unknown Worlds.
  • EVILONE15EVILONE15 UK Join Date: 2016-05-17 Member: 216892Members
    great post hopefully the word spreads as this game and ark are my favourites on xbox :D
  • Trollolol07Trollolol07 France (Jellyshroom Biome) Join Date: 2016-04-16 Member: 215840Members
    definitely the best game. needs some fixes, but these fixes are coming.
  • EverReddyEverReddy UK Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217355Members
    I knew nothing about this game until it hit the Xbox One Preview Programme, but as soon as my hour trial ended I was hooked, and not just a little bit chilled out!

I've been getting increasingly bored with shooting things in the face and re-running the same old daily missions again and again and have been desperate for a change of pace. Well I couldn't have asked for more than I've found in Subnautica. Even in it's current months-old state of development it's a beautiful concept excellently executed. Yes there are bugs, but from what I've seen here you've been doing a great job of keeping everyone as updated as can reasonably be expected, and then some.

So I can see me winding down playing this for some time to come (instead of getting wound up with the usual console-shooter fare) and I'm really looking forward to see how it develops and grows as time goes on.

Keep up the great work guys, it's a genuine pleasure to be able to support such a great game in development.
  • coldsteelleggcoldsteellegg U.K. Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217374Members
    edited May 2016
    welcome to xbox unknown worlds work hard and keep up the amazing work here on xbox one
  • JaitleytownsendJaitleytownsend Columbus Ohio Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217616Members
    Awesome game! I really enjoy Minecraft, but fell in love with it when i discovered mods. Playing the sandbox survival game along with having specific objectives to do, or a quest line to follow is utterly fantastic! It's very disappointing being unable to play modded mc on the xb1, and for a long time now, I have hoped for it to come. This game has all of that and is just gorgeous to look at! I am a huge fan of the ocean and this will give me an exquisite view of something I've longed to see. :) I am definitely snagging this bad boy up as soon as I can.
  • NightStormAngelNightStormAngel Fort Wayne, IN Join Date: 2016-05-28 Member: 217645Members
    I can't wait until the game catches up with those on PC. I adore this game, even when I was just watching it. It makes me even happier that now I can play it for myself
  • oelikoelieoelikoelie netherlands Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217444Members
    Yeah, i wanna welcome you too on my xbox one.

It's my first game preview on Xbox.

The game is very rough still, And while i am frustrated at times due to lack of content, major render issues, and a whole list of bugs, i still enjoyed a lot of it still. The concept is great and the envirement is amazing. Especially in high density area's with lot of small fish , at night, is just an amazing view.

So, don't rush for me please. I could be patient for some time if you get this more polished and added some more content.

Thanks for the experience so far. I will deffinetly keep tracking this game ;)
  • SubnauticSurvivourSubnauticSurvivour Fiskdale Join Date: 2016-05-25 Member: 217493Members
    Draek wrote: »
    I was extra surprized and pleased to get Subnautica on my favorite console!

I am excited for you guys (and myself :smile:) to get Subnautica into this massive potential community of players, but also to a wonderful platform for this type of game! We arre often overloaded with war game titles and sports titles, getting this one is a huge win for Xbox One!

This build definitely leaves something to be desired for players of the PC version since it is months behind. However its logical to assume you are already hard at work to get those in as well as the myriad of tasks to optimize the engine. As a software developer, I understand where you must be at, and commend you on your efforts to bring us your imaginative creation!

One thing I must say is my biggest hope; that you actively engage us during your process and keep us regularly updated on progress. I recently went to a large gathering of friends for vacation and did a demo of the game for everyone. Very positive feedback and excitement with plans to follow through and check it out. I hope the games momentum ramps up and brings in revenue to fuel development of one of the best previews on xbox!

Hope to hear from you and others in the community on their thoughts about Subnautica on Xbox.

*crowd cheering*
  • HeartOfTheKINGHeartOfTheKING XBOX ONE Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217758Members
    I've been waiting a long time for a good deep sea diving game, and the fact that it's on an uncharted planet and a survivor / build game just makes it so much more exciting. UWE is definately one of my new favorite gaming companys. I'm excited to see, not just how far you take this, but also what other ideas for games you have in mind. The devs at Unknown Worlds are for sure treading uncharted waters. (pun sort of intended). Great Idea for a game, keep them coming
  • CallingDarkCallingDark Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218331Members
    Thank you so much for uploading Subnautica on Xbox One! I absolutely love it, especially when I watch yt videos while playing! Again, thank you
  • FlayraFlayra Game Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment San Francisco Join Date: 2002-01-22 Member: 3Super Administrators, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
    You guys are soooo welcome! It's exciting for us to be releasing our first console game.
  • NorulvNorulv Norway Join Date: 2016-06-13 Member: 218528Members
    Yeah congrats! Think I forgot to say that.
    Keep up the good work and I cant wait to see what you have in store for the game after release.

• SlackerstuSlackerstu Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217432Members
    Just played 6 hours of uninterrupted Subnautica fun! Great morning on my day off will very little issue in the game. I do have to delete you and reinstall before playing to retain my blueprints but that is a minor annoyance and really doesn't take all that long. A time or two I developed the persistent bubble bug and simply killed the first brain coral I could see to make it stop after a short delay. I have been playing with micro bases recently usually consisting of 1-5 total base sections as you really can cram everything you might into that much space and move on to another biome. After starting a new freedom game and securing my pod location I moved on to build 3-4 micro bases in different biomes, most traveling about in my seamoth and I give credit. The game is running great for me. I even had my first run in with a natural born reaper... at night.....in the seamoth.....RIP seamoth lol but i managed to slink away with %20 health and get home to heal up. My house is usually busy so I even had to pause a few long times and came back without issue. Not to say I wasn't managing a bug or two and I would really like to be able to play with my drones and cyclops/seamoth controls the game was completely playable and entertaining.
  • SlackerstuSlackerstu Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217432Members
    P.R.A.W.N. Patch: Very well done!

- improved textures and loading ( still room to improve but better )
    - MY BUTTONS WORK YAY! Scanner Room auto scan and Cyclops camera are easy to use and add a lot to the game.
    - the Aurora is tragically beautiful :). More rooms, more exploration, COLLECTABLES (posters and toys) ON XBOX :o:)
    - I used my Cyclops with my seamoth docked and the frames are not too bad. With the cameras working it was a lot of fun.

I look forward to more, more, more Subnautica and have to say this addition looks rather solid. Thanks for the hard work!
  • Officer_543Officer_543 46807 Join Date: 2016-12-01 Member: 224400Members
    i feel like this is just the beginning ;)
  • jiveturkeyjiveturkey Join Date: 2017-02-28 Member: 228424Members
    I bought this on day 1, on xbox, and also own it on the PC. Sadly, my PC can't run it, but I've logged probably 50 hours on Xbox.

Oh and Natural Selection 2 is goddamn awesome. Y'all should be very proud of it.
  • y0ImMIkey0ImMIke USA Join Date: 2017-03-08 Member: 228746Members
    Little did this guy know the horrors Subnautica Xbox One would endure.......
  • SeanKHSeanKH Severn, MD Join Date: 2016-10-20 Member: 223263Members
    I know there are a lot of growing pains at the moment, but this is one of my most anticipated games I want to see completed. Keep at it guys. I believe that if you guys can resolve all the issues, you will have many fans for life.

I'm one of the gamers who loves freedom and creativity in my game play. I logged untold hours in Minecraft and 7 days to Die because of the creativity and freedom aspect. I haven't played either in awhile because of Subnautica. Will I go back to play them? I'm sure. But Subnautica has very unique gameplay elements that have captured my attention like other games have not. Can't wait to see the finished product guys!
  • reapersbackreapersback Plymouth Join Date: 2017-08-07 Member: 232288Members
  • coldsteelleggcoldsteellegg U.K. Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217374Members
    you devs are doing amazing honesly thank you for maken this a xbox one game thank you
  • memolixo577memolixo577 Croatia Join Date: 2017-10-09 Member: 233473Members
    hey guys someone have problem with saving game?
  • HeartOfTheKINGHeartOfTheKING XBOX ONE Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217758Members
    hey guys someone have problem with saving game?

Alot of players are experiencing this, the devs are pretty sure they have a fix that'll work, it'll be coming with the cuddlefish update. They have a cert date with MS on Thursday for that update, when they get that back a few days later (and if it passes) then they'll do one last in house test. If all goes well we "should" get it sometime next week.
  • memolixo577memolixo577 Croatia Join Date: 2017-10-09 Member: 233473Members
    it's come out but still not fixed that
    it's come out but still not fixed that

Yeah sorry, that's a bummer. They did put some code within the update to help them find and fix the problem quicker though. So if you play and get an error message, take a screenshot of it and send it to the devs. It might help them find it
  • Solareclipse46Solareclipse46 Join Date: 2018-01-26 Member: 235828Members
    Does anyone know when it is fully released yet?