Transfuser or creature attack? It is time to choose!

nitay1998nitay1998 Isreal Join Date: 2016-02-21 Member: 213278Members
Next month on the next update the developers didn't decided yet what would they do, the transfuser or maybe creature attack.
So they would probably prefer in the end to make the one most people wish to see in the game, so it's time for us to DESIDE!!
Which do you think would be cooler?

Here is info about the transfuser:http://subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Transfuser ,
http://subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/DNA

Here is a proof that they didn't decided yet:https://trello.com/c/UEAQ8PZH/41-creatures-attacking-your-base-or-transfuser

Comments

• After_MidnightAfter_Midnight Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215890Members
    Will be this poll make any difference in the dev's decision? I don't think so...
  • NamelessChaosNamelessChaos Germany Join Date: 2016-02-17 Member: 213158Members
    They already decided, check the trello.
  • ShuryCZShuryCZ Czech Republic Join Date: 2015-07-07 Member: 206047Members
    I don't think this poll will make any difference, but yeah, creature attack... The exosuit is being worked on, that is good news :) And anyway, the game moves foreward, that is enough fo me.
  • ShiruxriuShiruxriu Seattle Join Date: 2016-04-27 Member: 216065Members
    Personally as a fan of the sciences, transfuser, there are leagues of options to work with from there, and creatures attack your base already.
  • yomamayomama On the freeway Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215861Members
    My thoughts as well. It's all going in, May is already half gone, August will be here before you know it. Between Subnautica, The Long Dark and Kona July and August are going to be awesome gaming months for me...
  • nitay1998nitay1998 Isreal Join Date: 2016-02-21 Member: 213278Members
    What are you all talking about? When I look at trello i see "Creature attack(or transfuser)" that mean they will dicide between them and did not choose creature attack already(not that I have a problom with that)
    https://trello.com/c/UEAQ8PZH/41-creatures-attacking-your-base-or-transfuser
  • NamelessChaosNamelessChaos Germany Join Date: 2016-02-17 Member: 213158Members
    edited May 2016
    nitay1998 wrote: »
    What are you all talking about? When I look at trello i see "Creature attack(or transfuser)" that mean they will dicide between them and did not choose creature attack already(not that I have a problom with that)
    https://trello.com/c/UEAQ8PZH/41-creatures-attacking-your-base-or-transfuser

Strange I have something different there, even when clicking your link. "Power and Seatreaders Update (May)" and "Exo & Aurora (June)". Transfuser gone to unknown, but can still be seen under Exo & Aurora, there`s now the old topic creatures attack or transfuser. Like mentioned in another topic, if we are lucky we will see the transfuser if they keep addin content after release, but before it`s out.
    Pity, since that seemed to be very interesting. But was quite clear that there would be changes since time`s running out before release and so decisions have to be made (what`s cut, postponed and such).
  • starkaosstarkaos Join Date: 2016-03-31 Member: 215139Members
    I have to go with the Transfuser due to Creatures Attack being such a great DLC concept. Unless Transfuser allows us to genetically engineer creatures into abominations similar to how Impossible Creatures did it, then Creature Attacks needs a lot more time for it to be done correctly.

After all, a lot of the Transfuser content is already done while nothing has really been done with Creature Attacks. Creature Attack sounds like it would work best as a Tower Defense feature.
    From what I know transfuser was intended to allow us inject the dna of the sealife (into the player) gaining certain advantages.
    From what I know transfuser was intended to allow us inject the dna of the sealife (into the player) gaining certain advantages.

And for Cyclops depth upgrades and injecting alien DNA into other species like Bleeder DNA into an Airsack. Extract some Reefback DNA, research the DNA to produce Cartilaginous Shell and Chelonian Structure, and use that substance to craft a Cyclops depth upgrade. That was originally how it was supposed to work until the recent changes to the Cyclops.

Of course, Transfusers can open up alien research possibilities since all the items we can produce are blueprints from the Aurora.
    Even sadder that it might not make it into the game. Seems like we stay "I`m surperior, I don`t need that dna-crap of this world." Sigh.
    Even sadder that it might not make it into the game. Seems like we stay "I`m surperior, I don`t need that dna-crap of this world." Sigh.

Being on almost any other planet means that we need the DNA-crap of that world to survive due to each planet having its own unique biochemistry. We are designed to thrive on Earth and planets very similar to Earth. So terraforming, adaptation, or a combination of terraforming and adaptation is necessary to live on almost any alien planet. If we want to make Mars livable, then it would require a combination of terraforming and adaptation since Terraforming would be too expensive and adaptation can only go so far. There is the possibility that the humans of Subnautica actually have superior DNA where they can thrive in any alien environment that sustains life, but that is highly unlikely.
    edited May 2016
    You know that it was sarcasm, right? Adapting is my thought, too. New worlds mean uncommon bacteria, maybe life forms and wth we might not think of, in short, conditions quite different from earth. So just making a new Earth would be unlikely, instead changing both us and the new world would be necessary in order to survive on it.
  • Goofy6Goofy6 Czech Republic Join Date: 2016-05-17 Member: 216855Members
    Creatures attacking base? How are they planning to do that when they don't want to give us weapons?
    Something similar like the spotlights I guess, Bubble guns, stasis guns, maybe current guns. xD
  • Goofy6Goofy6 Czech Republic Join Date: 2016-05-17 Member: 216855Members
    Something similar like the spotlights I guess, Bubble guns, stasis guns, maybe current guns. xD

Current guns, in the water. Yeah, that's gonna be totaly safe :smiley: I don't get why they don't want to give us at least basic weapon like harpoon gun to hunt fishes for food and defend ourselves against basic enemies (Biters, crabs, Stalkers, etc.). It's not like I will go full GTA on everything around me.
    edited May 2016
    Dunno too, but I admit I like the rather peacefull playstyle. Sometimes I need to ram a shark or stalker to death, but except that electrocuting them is enough most of of the time. Hm, sounds quite mean now that I re-read it. xD

Edit: Meant flow guns, like the current generator.
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    Why do we have the welder to repair hull breaches and bulkheads to seperate flooded base sections? Because the player is stupid enough to create the breaches themselves? Like:
    • harvesting explosive mushrooms near your base hull
    • forgetting to reinforce the base walls
    • diving the cyclops beneath the limit

Really, creature attacks are the only events not under player control that will make base flooding gameplay interesting and not boring. Creatures could also damage power transmitters or other external structures and thus make internal reactors even more important. Generall I think creature attacks could offer more fun than transfusing if done well.

What I think we still need for creature attacks or what would be a good defense addition:
    • vertical bulkheads to prevent flooding a vertical base room tower
    • the scanner room allowing to display creature types or base breaches in the holomap
    • upgraded cam drones that can weld and repair breaches from the outside
    • shock pylons (powered by energy transmitters) that defend a base, but also can be damaged or cut from power and must be rebuilt after an attack
    • destructable energy transmitters that are targeted by creatures to cut base energy
    • improving the current generator model to use it against attacks and make it consume base energy
    • refactoring creature behaviour for attacks and let different creatures attack different base targets
    • allowing spiders to enter bases through open breaches and bleeders and biters if the sections are already flooded

The most important thing would be to limit attacks to events and allow to wait for the player to arrive organizing a defense against a base attack. Only one base gets attacked and the player informed via radio or only the base the player is inside gets attacked. Because a player has probably half a dozen or more bases late game and it would suck to haste from one base to another to defend it.
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    Im getting fed up a bit with this supposedly peaceful game having some of the most agressive fauna of any game I have played....
  • GhozgulGhozgul France Join Date: 2016-05-12 Member: 216670Members
    edited May 2016
    Transfuser(taking DNA from creatures)

Transfuser for me too, I would love vote for creatures attacking the base, but we need defense as well, or we will only being attacked without real defence, except our knife :/
  • ech0gh0stech0gh0st CA Join Date: 2016-05-11 Member: 216637Members
    edited May 2016
    I hope we get the transfuser
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    sayerulz wrote: »
    Im getting fed up a bit with this supposedly peaceful game having some of the most agressive fauna of any game I have played....

Compared to ARK, the fauna in this game are pretty tame with the exception of the reaper leviathan. They're fairly easy to bypass once you've studied their behaviour a bit. Use metal to distract stalkers, turn on your seamoth headlights to distract bonesharks, etc.

Granted, the fauna have become a lot more aggressive recently (Sandsharks have evolved from a clumsy nuisance to a massive threat with an aggro radius the size of Jupiter). I guess I just like the increased challenge.
  • ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    Personally I don't want a Reaper popping in to say a cheery Hello to my face while I'm working in my base, at least not yet
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    sayerulz wrote: »

Compared to ARK, the fauna in this game are pretty tame with the exception of the reaper leviathan. They're fairly easy to bypass once you've studied their behaviour a bit. Use metal to distract stalkers, turn on your seamoth headlights to distract bonesharks, etc.

Granted, the fauna have become a lot more aggressive recently (Sandsharks have evolved from a clumsy nuisance to a massive threat with an aggro radius the size of Jupiter). I guess I just like the increased challenge.

It's funny, but ARK was actually what I was thinking of for a game with LESS agressive fauna. Of all of the creatures in this game large enough to pose a real threat, only two of them (or perhaps 1.5 since gasopods have such a hair trigger as of late) are not trying to kill you on sight. And three of the things that are not big enough pose a big threat also attack you.

ARK has a lot of stuff trying to kill you, but at least there are a few things that are not mixed in. Not to say it doesn't have it's own issues.

And yes, they are not that hard to bypass, but it breaks the feeling of a peaceful game a bit when every single creature wants to kill you.
  • TennexTennex Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216789Members
    edited May 2016
    I like neither.

Dont see any way they can impement crerture attack of bases in a clean way... Except maybe later game and ur basically invincible in the cyclopse, and one of the sea leviathns comes and wraps its tentacles around the hall and rocks it around. But a straight base attack in safe zone would be too hard to pull off.

The whole DNA injection thing would take a lot of fleshing out, I'd rather see the aquarium/egg/pet system fleshed out than another half baked feature
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    Tennex wrote: »
    I like neither.

Dont see any way they can impement crerture attack of bases in a clean way.

The whole DNA injection thing would take a lot of fleshing out, I'd rather see the aquarium/egg/pet system fleshed out than another half baked feature

I don't think the transfuser needs much fleshing out. A lot of work (a visual animated transfuser) is already inside. And for applying to the player you only need to change some player values (heat resistance, faster swimming, bigger lungs, etc.) or minimal changes (night vision). To apply to other creatures it's more work (applying creature behaviour from one to another is easy though), because it has to make sense. But I think it's far less work than doing creature attacks. If they want to keep the roadmap timeline, there is probably no other way than doing transfuser stuff. Creature attacks and a functional pet system would take far more time. Maybe that's the reason why Squeal_Like_A_Pig voted for transfusing.

I myself would rather see creature attacks, but realistically I think it's going to be transfusing.
  • WheeljackWheeljack Chilling in the Grand Reef Join Date: 2016-03-17 Member: 214338Members
    Considering all the red I see in here, I was surprised to see the poll basically tied. I voted creature attacks, because while I want to see the transfuser in game, I want that sense of impending doom back in my game more. It's what made playing in the beginning so great. Always expecting something to come for you out the deep dark reaches of the ocean... Now it's just, oh reaper roar. It's that jerk again. Com'ere Ahab, give me a hug.
  • JoeakuakuJoeakuaku USA Join Date: 2016-04-10 Member: 215614Members
    The game is pretty easy as-is. Aside from the somewhat recent fabricator-recipe-boost, which lets people effectively turn 2 titanium into 2 titanium, a wiring kit and a computer chip.