Cutting doors open

eastofdeatheastofdeath usa Join Date: 2016-02-28 Member: 213559Members
Any one else having the cut door not fall out but instead stay blocking the way?
Had this happen 5 times so far in new start build 31051/31093

Comments

• MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    edited April 2016
    Any one else having the cut door not fall out but instead stay blocking the way?

Yes, I just had this happen in the wreck right below my life pod. However, I swam away and went into my life pod to drop off some things, and when I returned the door piece had fallen away. I'm on 31095.
  • KlinnKlinn Lost in a cave Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214022Members
    edited April 2016
    I've wondered if the designer for the wreck accidentally put two "Sealed Door" objects in the door frame right on top of one another. Cutting through one reveals the other, and you need to cut that one too.

Myrm, next time I notice it, I'll try your swimming away and returning trick.
  • eastofdeatheastofdeath usa Join Date: 2016-02-28 Member: 213559Members
    I had a few 2 doors, one inside the other cut one, ill hear the sound that it falls, then the 2nd door is there.

In AutoCAD type programs you can have 2 objects stacked on top of each other, and not know until you delete one or check the properties of a select all type command.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members

Yes. i only experienced this so far in a Wreck in a Creepvine and the one in the Bloodkelp biome. Taht might just be pure luck tho that it did not happen more often
  • ElCabongElCabong Houston, Tx Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211851Members
    This has happened to me as well. I use the laser drill and the door cuts open but the way is clogged buy the metal plug that does not fall to the floor like it should
  • hurgarhurgar usa Join Date: 2016-03-24 Member: 214775Members
    I have also had this issue.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
  • Alex_INFERNOAlex_INFERNO Russia, Moscow Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214036Members
    edited April 2016
    Is it somehow fixed or not yet? I've met this bug in various wrecks. Looking like after last version-build these doors completely not openable. Before that update that doors i can remove by using grav.gun (as an any red 'locked' doors) but now - its unremovable.
  • HaliosHalios Oz Join Date: 2015-11-27 Member: 209514Members
    Every single sealed door I've tried I've had this happen. Up to about 4 or 5 now.
    Yes I too have noticed it happening everywhere now. The first time I encountered it the blockage disappeared after I left the wreck and returned. Now it stays blocked. I just hope there isn't anything important in these sealed rooms that can't be found elsewhere, as we'd be stuck. Hope we don't have to wait until the next big update for a fix. :disappointed:
  • Alex_INFERNOAlex_INFERNO Russia, Moscow Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214036Members
    edited April 2016
    Myrm wrote: »
    I just hope there isn't anything important in these sealed rooms that can't be found elsewhere, as we'd be stuck

If something bad thing may happen - its HAPPEN anyway! >:)
    I think all important things of this game sealed there! Waaa!!! we doomed! :'(:p:D
  • eastofdeatheastofdeath usa Join Date: 2016-02-28 Member: 213559Members
    I think ill just skip cutting until it gets fixed 31226 same thing.
    I am still finding fragments so that's ok.
  • HaliosHalios Oz Join Date: 2015-11-27 Member: 209514Members
    I just hope there isn't anything important in these sealed rooms that can't be found elsewhere, as we'd be stuck. Hope we don't have to wait until the next big update for a fix. :disappointed:

We know the devs are aware of the bug. Most likely they'll patch a fix to the game when they have it rather than wait for the next update.

My understanding (from what I've read) is most of what's in the wrecks presently can still be found elsewhere. Just theoretically easier in wrecks. Like whole blueprints or multiple fragments together rather than the individual fragments strewn about the seascape.

There might just be a few non-essential blueprints (like those light sticks) which are currently wreck only we're missing out on because of this.
    Well, I closed down the game and Steam and then relaunched it all. The cut door in the wreck nearest the lifepod had gone. :smile:
    Well, I closed down the game and Steam and then relaunched it all. The cut door in the wreck nearest the lifepod had gone. :smile:

what you mean 'gone'? Absolutely gone as a door? or again its sealed?
    Sorry, I meant he blockage had gone so I was able to swim into the room.
    in my case all that bugs still present - blocked doors not removed. I'll try to start a new game...
  • NunoNuno Germany Join Date: 2016-04-08 Member: 215480Members
    in my case all that bugs still present - blocked doors not removed. I'll try to start a new game...

Tried tons of doors. Started 4 new games. Problem stays.
    maybe try to use C4?... no one will mind? :p
  • NunoNuno Germany Join Date: 2016-04-08 Member: 215480Members
    It worked for me today again, after an update of 134MBs. Seems like they fixed the issue. Tried one door only though. Still the first one that ever dissapeared successfully. Hope this isn't just a coincidence since I can't find any official note about that.