disappointed - took a day off

AlterSackAlterSack Germany Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215148Members
And just learned that you posted yesterday that it will not be on early access today. No mention on first page, did this really only come up yesterday. Not a great planning.

Comments

• PeppocanettaPeppocanetta Italy Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215150Members
    I m agree!! U cant joke in this way!! If u re not sure u ll probably say nothing!
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited April 2016
    We actually never sent out a press release, only that it looked like we were going to hit April first in tweets a few weeks ago. When it looked like we weren't going to hit April first, we did the same, tweeted it out. When it looked like we were going to hit April 1st, we mentioned it on our blog.

While we have JUST got Xbox certification, we don't know when it will go live. These things take time, and you can bet once we actually have a real release date set in stone for Xbox preview program, we'll make sure everyone knows through our official channels. We wont release something we're not happy with, because we want our customers to be happy.
  • TouchedChimpTouchedChimp Colorado Join Date: 2016-03-31 Member: 215132Members
    I took the day off too. Saw yesterday it was delayed so I came to work anyway. It made me really bummed yesterday but id rather better performance and less glitches and a little wait than unplayable and no wait.
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    edited April 2016
    id rather better performance and less glitches and a little wait than unplayable and no wait.

I agree. Most other game devs don't do this, but not the UWE team; and that's one of the things which makes them and their games so special.
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    I'm an adult and I dont take days off for video games.

Maybe there's your lesson.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    2cough wrote: »

I am a middle-aged man, and I took 3 days off last week so I could spend 5 days straight developing my computer game.

A colleague of mine in his 50's took a few days off the other month for the release of a game.

Maybe, there is no lesson and you are just boring :D
  • AlterSackAlterSack Germany Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215148Members

Thats so sad to hear. Remember your childhood and find the time you lost it. Perhabs you can un-do this.
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited April 2016
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    I'm an adult and I dont take is days off for video games.

I am a middle-aged man, and I took 3 days off last week so I could spend 5 days straight developing my computer game.

A colleague of mine in his 50's took a few days off the other month for the release of a game.

Maybe, there is no lesson and you are just boring :D

No, I'm responsible. And in your case, I think it's quite different as you took days off to work on one of your passions. I'd call that responsible.

Your friend though, no excuse for him ;)
    AlterSack wrote: »

Thats so sad to hear. Remember your childhood and find the time you lost it. Perhabs you can un-do this.

Remember my childhood? You mean when I went outside every day playing in dirt and grass and riding bikes and hiking and hide and seek with the kids in the neighborhood?

Yes I'd take days off for that. But if all you can think of from your childhood is being indoors paying video games, that's what's truly sad. Vacation days are for real life in my world :)

Edit: btw if you're concerned about the amount of vg I play, steam tells me I play enough to be a part time job.
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    I have to admit to booking a day off work when the 5th Harry Potter book was released, and finished it that day. :smile:
    Guys it looks like u are joking with us!! In this post u say not too longer or a little more... but now from ur site i can see the game will be available in the mid 2016!!!! THIS IS NOT "A LITTLE MORE"!
    Yet if UWE released the game before it was ready, you'd have "adults" crying like little girls, saying "You've shouldn't have released it before it was ready!"
    Man first Charlie said "we could release on March".. then he said "we could release on April".. so what I mean is that if u dont say anything its better!! cause it will make more hype!! As for ur rudeness i ve nothing to say rude people will always stay rude people!! As for the releasing date I extremely suggest u shouldnt release a sort of date which is out of reach!! Only this and anyway i wouldnt displease anyone!
    Man first Charlie said "we could release on March".. then he said "we could release on April".. so what I mean is that if u dont say anything its better!! cause it will make more hype!! As for ur rudeness i ve nothing to say rude people will always stay rude people!! As for the releasing date I extremely suggest u shouldnt release a sort of date which is out of reach!! Only this and anyway i wouldnt displease anyone!

My "rudeness" as you put it was not aimed at anybody specifically. I apologise if you took it as such.
  • DemonHunter654DemonHunter654 East Greenwich Join Date: 2016-02-15 Member: 213053Members
    guys guys calm down this is xbox one sub we're talking about . Please come soon sub
    I think SN wont come soon!! two weeks age they said "a little more or its nor far away!" but after two weeks i m able to say they wont release it in this mounth or soon! we have to wait the mid-2016!
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    I think SN wont come soon!! two weeks age they said "a little more or its nor far away!" but after two weeks i m able to say they wont release it in this mounth or soon! we have to wait the mid-2016!

Probably wont be mid 2016 for the Xbox Preview program. We think we're pretty close. As I said, we want to hit certain performance levels before we put it out there.