Update 289 Now Live! - Natural Selection 2

2»

Comments

• ForlornHopeForlornHope Join Date: 2003-08-01 Member: 18675Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Keep this up, devs! I'm loving the new attention NS2 is getting and as a result, I'm paying more attention to the game now that it is getting regular updates. The fact the changes are not focused on competitive play for once is fantastic. It's long overdue but you are really making up for lost time. Whammy!
  • Cr4zyb4st4rdCr4zyb4st4rd United Kingdom Join Date: 2012-08-09 Member: 155200Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    The fact the changes are not focused on competitive play for once is fantastic.

This never happened, fyi.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    They never had a focus on public play either.
  • ForlornHopeForlornHope Join Date: 2003-08-01 Member: 18675Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold

Really?! This was like the first 2 years of NS2! Hugh was on a mission to make it an eSport.
  • GrissiGrissi Join Date: 2003-08-28 Member: 20314Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow

Really?! This was like the first 2 years of NS2! Hugh was on a mission to make it an eSport.

Yea... he gave the comp players quite a bit of headache, but we somehow survived.
  • HEllrunner2kHEllrunner2k Join Date: 2013-07-05 Member: 185945Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    quite frankly.. it's a mess ... how can I dissable the rine vision nerf? ... atmospheric territorys ... ppl are CRYING for a solution... I might just send em directly to you next time
  • WyzcrakWyzcrak Pot Pie Aficionado Join Date: 2002-12-04 Member: 10447Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    It's not too messy. It's pretty good.

( also frank )
  • HEllrunner2kHEllrunner2k Join Date: 2013-07-05 Member: 185945Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    so i have to take your word for it? @wyzcrak? Or shal I listen to the ppl I play with every day and I actually give a sh** about?!
  • Deck_Deck_ Join Date: 2014-07-20 Member: 197526Members
    edited March 2016
    There are over 20 teams signed up the upcoming competitive season of natural selection 2. Then you have veterans like hellrunner and others that are saying veteran pub players aren't liking this change. This definitely affects a good portion of the community. To act like it doesn't or that other people will just fill spots of people that want to leave seems like a conversation we shouldn't be having. We are trying to find the best compromise. I still think the server side toggle eliminates any major problems, and can probably be implemented immediately. For the servers that keep the change, it needs to be updated to keep low settings in mind.
  • TinkiTinki Join Date: 2013-12-03 Member: 189715Members

Hmmm BalanceMod ?? You know this update who made a lot of player quit the game because they had to completely relearn aliens movement cause some ns1 comp players wanted wall jump back ?
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    FYI wallhop was always in ns2, even before the 'balancemod'.
    Lets see how many more lies I can debunk today.
    edited March 2016
    Hey genius :
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=WgjHsyw5WfU
    Or bunny hop if you want to be picky on the terms. But maybe this video is a lie, i don't know you should debunk it.
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    maybe try reading the comments, especially the one where he says that was removed and never added.
    +1
    they removed the ability to increase your speed with just straffing, not the one to keep momentum ;)
    But hey maybe you are right, skulk movement didn't change
    I guess you missed all the changes designed around making the movement easier for new players... Oh wait that didn't change either.
    I'm done posting again, what a fucking mistake it was.
  • TheriusTherius Join Date: 2009-03-06 Member: 66642Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    "Focused on competitive play" is usually synonymous to making the game more interesting after you learn the basics. "Focused on public play" seems to be centered around gimmicks and flashy bling-bling that wears off after the first week.
  • Deck_Deck_ Join Date: 2014-07-20 Member: 197526Members
    edited March 2016
    ^People that have played NS for a long time I would guess stayed with it because of gameplay. Not because the rifle looked amazing or they really like how cool it is to tell their friends that play a marine vs alien game. I would think it's because the gameplay sucked them in, and they haven't found a better alternative to playing NS. The gameplay is so different, fast in big moments, satisfying to win as a team, and skill based. Turning the lights down seems to go against some of the skill based part of it. Adding new models/skins and achievements might make it more fun for people to stay with the game. At least it doesn't change the greatest parts of the game. This does, that is why the complaints here.
  • WyzcrakWyzcrak Pot Pie Aficionado Join Date: 2002-12-04 Member: 10447Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    I'm enjoying the skill of killing in the new lighting.
    -.- really?! @wyzcrak relativising serious issues like that. do you think that helps?
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    How is his anecdotal experience any different than your own @HEllrunner2k ?
    I don't follow. What are you saying I've done?
    edited March 2016
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited March 2016
    Wyzcrak wrote: »
    I don't follow. What are you saying I've done?

Trolling *snip* acting like you're pr0 and slaying noobs and that lighting changes add some new level of skill to the game.

In all likelihood you'd get destroyed by people with medicore skill in comp play.

Comments like that quickly make people disregard what you have to say.
    I'm genuinely confused about what hell is accusing me of. He struggles with expressing himself.

Whatever my skill level, I'm saying that we'll survive this change. I know some disregard what I have to say.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Keep the namecalling and mudslinging to a minimum fellas.
    As I won't be locking a patch thread, this means I have to deal with each of you individually, and I am not a fan of endless warnings.

Keep it clean please.
    I do struggle with expressing myself.. cuz my coments get deleted @Wyzcrak ^^ YOU on the other hand have a slight incapability of getting other ppls concerns and hide in counter questions
    this should not be a situation where you have to pick sides... do we not want the same in the end... If you can't make it universal you failed, guys... LISTEN.. PLEASE
  • MoFo1MoFo1 United States Join Date: 2014-07-25 Member: 197612Members
    Did NS2+ get pulled from the workshop?

If so then I know where the PDT needs to be focusing every ounce of their effort...